USB Wireless Adapter Physical MAC Adress Change

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Re: USB Wireless Adapter Physical MAC Adress Change

Post by kujinR on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 pm
([msg=47288]see Re: USB Wireless Adapter Physical MAC Adress Change[/msg])

devsnake wrote:As for editing the registry, I did input the value on NetworkAdress registry for the D-link DWA-160. It shows that it is changed, but ipconfig/all does not agree...

Maybe you're just looking at it wrong. There should be at least two MAC addresses on there. One for your ethernet connection and one for you wireless connection. You can post your ipconfig /all results here if you're not sure.
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: USB Wireless Adapter Physical MAC Adress Change

Post by devsnake on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm
([msg=47386]see Re: USB Wireless Adapter Physical MAC Adress Change[/msg])

@KujinR - Yes, there was 1 for the internal network card, and 1 for D-link wireless...
What I did was, find the right folder for D-link, erased the existing NetworkAddress key, right click, make new,
string value, name it "NetworkAddress" and entered desired address.

After that I reboot the computer, checked the registry again, value I entered is there, run, cmd, ipconfig/all,
it has its original MAC Address.

My computer is down at the moment. When I get it up running again, I'll take some screenshots of what I did. If any of you guys need some specific screenshots, please do tell me! Appreciate all your help fellas.
devsnake
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Networking