What a pity...

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

What a pity...

Post by SkippyleGrandGourou on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:12 pm
([msg=282]see What a pity...[/msg])

Hi,

Seriously, guys... AFAIUnderstood, one of the reasons for HTS and CS split was to prevent a quality forum from skiddies & cie, because HTS was obviously a flytrap. But then, why making a clone of CS here ??? The same thing will happen again, a few people coming for learning and many people coming for skidding, then in 2 or 3 years mature users will ask for a split, and the same thing will happen again and again ???

Remove the Security/General Discussion/Philosophy sections, let that to CS people, keep only the challenge forums. When an interested user asks for more, just PM him CS' link. In this way neither CS nor HTS will have to deal with skiddies. HTS will play the role of a filter, without being submerged by MSN account hacking demands (see this one, only a few hours after the forum is up !), and all good-willing people will form a united community (sounds like a hippy dream...).

Just my opinion.
SkippyleGrandGourou
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What a pity...

Post by Sonic7145 on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm
([msg=308]see Re: What a pity...[/msg])

The idea of splitting CS off from HTS won't have accomplished much if we refer others back to it like you suggested. What's wrong with having Security & Philosophy forums? Those things are a major part of HTS.
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster

Post by pacifico on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:59 am
([msg=431]see Re: What a pity...[/msg])

SkippyleGrandGourou wrote:Remove the Security/General Discussion/Philosophy sections, let that to CS people, keep only the challenge forums. When an interested user asks for more, just PM him CS' link. In this way neither CS nor HTS will have to deal with skiddies.

lol.
Look into the history of HTS. Or I'll elaborate for you: HTS has deep roots in politics (read: anarchism), deep thinking, and other philosophical discussion. To remove these would defeat the purpose of the split, and be just ignorant. And I won't even comment on your comment about removing the Security section. It's actually people like you that piss me off more than the skiddies. They can be dealt with easily.

P.S. Sorry if I was a little harsh, I'm tired.
pacifico
New User
New User

Post by SkippyleGrandGourou on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:32 pm
([msg=468]see Re: What a pity...[/msg])

Sonic7145 wrote:The idea of splitting CS off from HTS won't have accomplished much if we refer others back to it like you suggested. What's wrong with having Security & Philosophy forums? Those things are a major part of HTS.
Well, in my mind this is just a clone of CS, and I don't see the point, that's all. Why splitting in this case ? I naively thought that the split (which I strongly disagreed with) would just lead to a playground, HTS, with its support forum (only challenges), and a place to learn (and to discuss politics, ethics & philosophy), CS. It really disappoints me to see such a waste of efforts (people trying to achieve the same goal, but ignoring themselves instead of walking together).

pacifico wrote:lol.
Look into the history of HTS. Or I'll elaborate for you: HTS has deep roots in politics (read: anarchism), deep thinking, and other philosophical discussion. To remove these would defeat the purpose of the split, and be just ignorant. And I won't even comment on your comment about removing the Security section. It's actually people like you that piss me off more than the skiddies. They can be dealt with easily.

P.S. Sorry if I was a little harsh, I'm tired.
Thanks to your post, I think I understand better now the reasons of the split. I remember someones said that it had not much to do with skiddies, contrarily to what I was thinking. Actually it really seems to be more disagreements between staff people rather than issues with the basis of the pyramid. So the purpose of the split was just that : CS people tired of dealing with HTS people. That's it ?
SkippyleGrandGourou
New User
New User

Return to Comments & Suggestions