Life got you down? - Christianity

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Life got you down? - Christianity

Post by c0br42 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 pm
([msg=46554]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:What was so funny was that it's quite obvious Cobra is full of [censored]. I know people like to consider themselves scientists because it makes them feel special and smart, but anyone that finds the story of Noah's Ark plausible definitely got dropped on his head a bit too much as a child. An important distinction as a scientist is to realize what is actually valid evidence and what is a series of big words designed for people to not read themselves but still cite as evidence.

Not to be mean, but I doubt you could even tell me what the subatomic particles of an atom are. The good news is a quick google search should remedy that lack of knowledge.

I'm not trying to incite any flamewars here, but the very phrase "hardcore science" wreaks of total bull[censored]. You treat Science like just another belief/religion.

You provide a very interesting line of BS there. However, all of it as a matter of fact, is an opinion.
I guess you think you're more intelligent than Einstein when you ignorantly stated:
"You treat Science like just another belief/religion." -- sanddbox
"I am a deeply religious nonbeliever. This is a somewhat new kind of religion." -- Albert Einstein :)

sanddbox you're so smart I think we should all follow you :roll:

You are right that no flamewars will be incited however, I have no need to combat an opinion that means absolutely nothing.
Just thought I would clarify what I said earlier, for those of you that have trouble understanding things at first. :lol: :lol:
c0br42
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:17 pm
([msg=46563]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

c0br42 wrote:
sanddbox wrote:What was so funny was that it's quite obvious Cobra is full of [censored]. I know people like to consider themselves scientists because it makes them feel special and smart, but anyone that finds the story of Noah's Ark plausible definitely got dropped on his head a bit too much as a child. An important distinction as a scientist is to realize what is actually valid evidence and what is a series of big words designed for people to not read themselves but still cite as evidence.

Not to be mean, but I doubt you could even tell me what the subatomic particles of an atom are. The good news is a quick google search should remedy that lack of knowledge.

I'm not trying to incite any flamewars here, but the very phrase "hardcore science" wreaks of total bull[censored]. You treat Science like just another belief/religion.

You provide a very interesting line of BS there. However, all of it as a matter of fact, is an opinion.
I guess you think you're more intelligent than Einstein when you ignorantly stated:
"You treat Science like just another belief/religion." -- sanddbox
"I am a deeply religious nonbeliever. This is a somewhat new kind of religion." -- Albert Einstein :)

sanddbox you're so smart I think we should all follow you :roll:

You are right that no flamewars will be incited however, I have no need to combat an opinion that means absolutely nothing.
Just thought I would clarify what I said earlier, for those of you that have trouble understanding things at first. :lol: :lol:

Once again, another example of someone pretending to sound smart (this time, by referencing Einstein, who all scientists worship, amirite?).

First of all, the quote you've taken out of context doesn't even mean what you think it is. Einstein is satirizing atheists who treat Atheism like a religion. Einstein himself believed in the creation of the universe by a higher power, but did not believe in a particular god.

If you actually read my post, which you so kindly quoted, you would realize I said nothing about Atheism. My point was that you act as if Science is a belief in the same way one believes in Christianity - and even more arrogantly assumed that somehow "believing in hardcore science" made you a smart, special person. Science is not a religion; it's a way of studying and understanding the world, and indeed the universe.

Your paltry argument consisted of you calling my opinion BS, taking a quote from Albert Einstein out of context and mutilating its meaning, and then finally attempting to hide your lack of actual intelligence/actual debate behind emoticons.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by c0br42 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:32 pm
([msg=46568]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

w/e dude :roll:
c0br42
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vulpine on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am
([msg=46598]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

Way to blow Einstein entirely out of context. Yet even if he meant what you seem to think he meant, an anecdote != a case.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by mRmasteRful on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:59 pm
([msg=46607]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

Rereading his original statement I still don't see how you can make the accusation about him using science to 'feel good'. I think you have more of an issue with theist believing in a God and science.
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by c0br42 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm
([msg=46610]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:Rereading his original statement I still don't see how you can make the accusation about him using science to 'feel good'. I think you have more of an issue with theist believing in a God and science.

yea i think that's their main problem, among others :lol: jk
c0br42
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 pm
([msg=46612]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:Rereading his original statement I still don't see how you can make the accusation about him using science to 'feel good'. I think you have more of an issue with theist believing in a God and science.

After interviewing Cobra, he told me the subatomic particles in the nucleus of an atom were protons and "qwarks". LOLGG BRO.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by mRmasteRful on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:06 pm
([msg=46613]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

Well he was wrong and correct-ish but lets not go into that. Of course that was said after the fact but ok. My reasoning still stands
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by c0br42 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:13 pm
([msg=46781]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:

After interviewing Cobra, he told me the subatomic particles in the nucleus of an atom were protons and "qwarks". LOLGG BRO.

;)
quarks* but actually the most basic building block of the universe is strings in my opinion.
c0br42
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 pm
([msg=46796]see Re: Life got you down? - Christianity[/msg])

c0br42 wrote:
sanddbox wrote:

;)
quarks* but actually the most basic building block of the universe is strings in my opinion.

I know how to spell quarks, I just like your spelling of it better :P

Anyway, I feel kind of mean saying this, but once again I'm sensing that you're full of [censored]. Do you even know what strings are?

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Religion