Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Dwere on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm
([msg=46442]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello! My username is Dwere, but my name is David
Anyway, I used to have a membership here, but I couldn't remember my username/email/password so I had to start a new one. I think I lost it back when the site was down for like a month or so a couple years ago. So I just started here again not long ago. I just today finished the basic missions - 11 is new, or wasn't here when I last played I believe.
Anyway, I'm studying towards a computer networking degree in college, so I'll probably hang out in threads that have to do with network security.
I'm not SUPER savvy with security stuff, but I understand things when it's well explained, so I may lurk more around more advanced security threads, asking occasional questions. Whereas with basic web security /malware security I may post advice every so often, as I've always been pretty good at avoiding and/or removing viruses and malware in general.

That's a lengthy introduction, as you can tell I'm fairly wordy. So hope to see you around!
-Dwere (David)
-Dwere (David)
Goatboy wrote:
Dwere wrote:I'm not one to start some branch of religion though. Not my thing.

Of course if you wanted to, you could call it the Davidians!
Dwere
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Iane on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 pm
([msg=46509]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi~~~ Im Lane, Im 18. Male. >.>

Im tryign to take my street racing into a professional track thing.
I have a Integra Gs-r supped the fuck up. 350HP (Outrun Vettes all day ;D)
Trying to not have all my days spent in front of these screen go to waste so I might as well Pick up a trade.
I MMORPG, and FPS all day.
I'm newb, but hopefully by the end of this month I'll know enough to start getting my hands dirty and everything else a lil' bit cleaner.
oh yeah.

Iane
New User
New User

Post by Freedomorpeace on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:24 pm
([msg=46620]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey, Im Jordan I came to site because i wanted to develop Computer skills for my future. I am 18 years old and i been involved with computers since i was a little kid. My Dad is also a Network Consultant and i guess i developed my love for computers from him. I also like anime (i live in illinois so i go to acen) and videogames. I don't like to give up on any type of problems at all so im kinda looking for a challenge. I am a pretty cool,relaxed sort of guy ,easily to get along with and everything.
Freedomorpeace
New User
New User

Post by Dodgy-Cat on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:43 pm
([msg=46843]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Yo dudes. Been lurking around for a bit, so I decided it's about time I joined up and posted something :D

Name's Jay, from the West of Ireland. Currently doing a year long Programming course, Then next year starting college where I'll be doing Computer Games Development...Or so the plan goes anyway.

So yeah, gonna get my ass onto the Missions and learn something 8-)

Cheers, J.
Dodgy-Cat
New User
New User

Post by Glitchxx on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 pm
([msg=46871]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Well, guess I might as well jump on into this here introduction topic. The names Glitchxx (Samuel in real life) and I don't really have that much to say. I'm 18 and my life is rather boring. I'm in the process of searching for a job so that I might be able to save up some money and attend some kind of schooling(I want to go into Game Design), but in the meantime I need something fun to do. I've always been interested in computers, so I figured this might be a rather interesting site to wonder around on. So, yea, that's about it.
Glitchxx
New User
New User

Post by f1r3flie on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 am
([msg=46901]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone,

I'm just some guy. I can program well in C++, I'm currently learning Java and a little HTML and Javascript. I don't know much about cracking, and hope to know more. I run Linux, and have for a year or so. I want to learn the skills I need to know to be able to create secure websites and break them when necessary.

My goals are to learn about web programming and security to the point where I can effectively write and secure web applications and hack them, and learn the general skills needed to be a hacker in the truest sense (creating and expirementing rather than breaking).

f1r3flie
sanddbox wrote:TLDR: It will get better in the next 1000 posts or so.

My Operating Systems:
Ubuntu 10.10
Windows Vista
Mac OS X hackintosh
Backtrack 4
Ubuntu Server 9.04
Xubuntu 10.04
Windows XP
Backtrack 2
Ubuntu Server 9.10
f1r3flie
New User
New User

Post by sn1fflez on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:45 am
([msg=46905]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Bond.... James Bond.

--------------------edited---------------------------
Okay that was lame :geek: My names Matt, but sn1fflez will do fine. I have a passion for web design and php (no schooling or anything yet, I might go for a different major).

Anyway, im pretty laid back and fairly a noob, so im here to learn and perhaps share knowledge.

-sn1fflez
sn1fflez
New User
New User

Post by cmybeans on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 pm
([msg=46980]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello, I am a chemical engineering student, I will be graduating in about a year ... if mass xfer doesn't kill me LOL I have a very limited back ground in html, java, c++ and although I don't like to admit it vb. I am here to learn and maybe make some new friends. Enough about me, I hate talking about myself.

The technical jargon is a little intimidating at times but, I am VERY glad that something like this exists. I appreciate the approach so much. I can't tell you guys/girls/men/ladies/robots/aliens/pirates/ninjas enough.

Thank you to all who built and maintain this play ground.
cmybeans
New User
New User

Post by d3volution on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
([msg=47421]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello people,

Just thought I'd drop a post to introduce myself. I'm quite new to this. Been dabbling in Web Design etc. I'm really interested in security ;) . I have a website live which isn't suppost to be professional so don't start complaining, its my sandbox for messing around with:

www.orbric.com

The flash game on it is a demo I made (yeah I know it's full of bugs). I just like playing around with things...i like to know how things work.

I'm just looking to be part of a community that shares the same interests as me (as none of my friends do), and can guide me when I need it. Glad to be onboard.

Devolution
d3volution
New User
New User

Post by jeffmiflia on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:23 am
([msg=47450]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, I'm seeking to become CCNP with emphasis on on security. I am here to learn all i can.
jeffmiflia
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone