Stream Lectures live

Discussions on past, current and future HTS lectures and related topics here!

Stream Lectures live

Post by mRmasteRful on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:48 pm
([msg=46167]see Stream Lectures live[/msg])

I remember brining up this idea before. Youtube is gonna support live streaming soon and Its in Beta testing right now. yes I know we only deal with audio but this could help generate a wider user audience to HTS and gather a bigger crowd for the lectures. Of course someone will have the burden of recording but what do you guys think?
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Stream Lectures live

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:52 pm
([msg=46170]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

We could use a vent recording and just stream it to youtube with a "HTS Lecture 3: Cool topic description here" picture for video. Hopefully not green letter on black background xD
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Goatboy on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm
([msg=46171]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

We're looking into it. I had the idea for HTS Radio a while back, but that was dropped in favor of Lectures. I'd still like to see it happen though. I think a radio program would be great; we could stream Creative Commons/Public Domain music, then schedule talks and stuff throughout.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by mRmasteRful on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 am
([msg=46187]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

@fashizzle you know you love my green on black. http://http://mrmasterful.ulmb.com/

@goatboy. HTS radio you say? How would it work though? The streaming on youtube thing would mainly be to gather a bigger audiance. Can'e teach them if their not there right?
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by kujinR on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 am
([msg=46189]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:http://http://mrmasterful.ulmb.com/

Link Fail.

Also, I think HTS Radio is a great idea. We can listen to music, interview the staff, roll out updates or news about technology and all that fun stuff. It needs a lot of dedication, though.

Also also, we should think of ways to practice our newfound knowledge(after lectures). A game or test, maybe. Simple ones. Just to get the feel of it.
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm
([msg=46207]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

It would be really sweet if we could release a challenge for hts after each lecture that pertained to the topic...

For example with that calculus lecture (even though it wasn't official) maybe toss up a calculusproblem and we need to solve for something. Maybe worth 2-5 points each and all thrown under a Lecture category in the challenges.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Monica on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 pm
([msg=46208]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

I've been looking into live broadcasting, and a broadcasting software that I have CAN make this happen. Looking forward to broadcasting the next lecture.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mRmasteRful on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 pm
([msg=46382]see Re: Stream Lectures live[/msg])

Yes! Now we just need the right marketing strategy to pull in an audience and we're golden baby!
I got nothing at the moment though. Any ideas anyone? I still say youtube works wonders for online rants/lectures
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Return to Lectures