ethics and morality in a dying relationship?

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

ethics and morality in a dying relationship?

Post by deep_trouble on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:47 am
([msg=46035]see ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

Hi,

is it right for me to hack into the account of the girl my husband is having an affair with? I haven't considered this right and I have always refrained from doing so in the past three years. I have hacked into my husbands accoutn several times and each time he added a level of security which i broke and each time, I have found him to have continued the affair.

The simpler solution is to leave the person but a number of complications that concern my parents and a very traditional background in addition to his promises seem to be holding me back. For one last time, I want to be sure before i finally leave him. I have moved out of the house and so dont have immediate access to his accounts. Also, I am not interested in hacking his account anymore as I am sure this time he wouldn't be leaving any traces even if he were continuing the affair.

So my question is, is it right for me to hack into the girl's account? She is someone I have only met once. I have indirectly spoken to her through a fake account and that was one of the many times when I caught him. But an actual hack, is it right? Please, if you can, tell me.
deep_trouble
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?

Post by sanddbox on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:52 am
([msg=46043]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

Nope, it's not.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by goluhaque on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:30 am
([msg=46046]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

deep_trouble wrote:Hi,

is it right for me to hack into the account of the girl my husband is having an affair with? I haven't considered this right and I have always refrained from doing so in the past three years. I have hacked into my husbands accoutn several times and each time he added a level of security which i broke and each time, I have found him to have continued the affair.

The simpler solution is to leave the person but a number of complications that concern my parents and a very traditional background in addition to his promises seem to be holding me back. For one last time, I want to be sure before i finally leave him. I have moved out of the house and so dont have immediate access to his accounts. Also, I am not interested in hacking his account anymore as I am sure this time he wouldn't be leaving any traces even if he were continuing the affair.

So my question is, is it right for me to hack into the girl's account? She is someone I have only met once. I have indirectly spoken to her through a fake account and that was one of the many times when I caught him. But an actual hack, is it right? Please, if you can, tell me.

I don't think too much about the method. My advice would be- Keep your objective in mind. The method does not matter that much. OR, if you haven't decided on an objective, decide on it first.

Plus, I don't think this question should have been posted on HTS.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by mRmasteRful on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:36 am
([msg=46047]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

No she came to the right place. No hacking wouldnt be right. Personally I wouldnt think twice about it. As long as you don't steal from her and your evidence is only for you to make that final decision.
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by goluhaque on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:19 am
([msg=46096]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:No she came to the right place.

And the entire time I thought that HTS was a site related to web security. :cry:
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by thetan on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am
([msg=46100]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

The fact that you didn't trust your husband enough in the first place that you felt so compelled to "hack" into his email is practically bullet proof fact that you shouldn't be with him in the first place.

I'm sorry, people are just so stupid. If you can't trust some one enough not to break into their email every so often then guess what you probably shouldn't fucking be with them!

So i suggest you go solve your insecurity issues first, then after you gain ground there go work on refining the quality of the people you date. The problem isn't ethics or morals, the problem is you. Your diving into ethics and morals is your attempt to justify your shit actions.

Drug addicts do the same thing, the call it denial.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:01 am
([msg=46101]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

Thetan wrote:You probably shouldn't fucking be with fucking them!

Fixed.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thetan on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:05 am
([msg=46102]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Thetan wrote:You probably shouldn't fucking be with fucking them!

Fixed.

fucking was the emphasis use of fucking, not the verb ;)
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mRmasteRful on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 pm
([msg=46126]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

Im gonna give her the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it was an arranged marriage of sorts. Maybe the husband change. Sadly these things happen. Your happy and then the next minute its like who the fuck have you become?

-- Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm --

Im gonna give her the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it was an arranged marriage of sorts. Maybe the husband change. Sadly these things happen. Your happy and then the next minute its like who the fuck have you become?
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by thetan on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:14 pm
([msg=46131]see Re: ethics and morality in a dying relationship?[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:Im gonna give her the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it was an arranged marriage of sorts. Maybe the husband change. Sadly these things happen. Your happy and then the next minute its like who the fuck have you become?

They have these things, you might of heard of them. I believe they're called divorces.

thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Ethics