what is your opinion in quran burning?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by thetan on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 am
([msg=46103]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

You guys all fail

All the US Muslims i know think the whole thing is stupid, which is to say they could care less.

It's actually part of their culture to burn Qurans. They believe that the Quran should only exist in a "beautiful" condition and Qurans that don't live up to that standard should most definitely be burned.

So it seems like this is some media agenda that i haven't be able to wrap my finger around just yet.

I'll keep you updated as i start to dissect this heap of media bullshit, stay posted.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sanddbox on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:14 pm
([msg=46106]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Actually, they couldn't care less.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 pm
([msg=46107]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

If you ask me Americans are just being Americans(with Americans I mean the goverment and media,its not the peoples fault they get deceived),they implanted so much the idea that muslims are terrorists its starting to piss me off and I can't care less.

Burning qurans because of terrorists thats just plan stupid.Ofcourse people see on movies and shows see muslims as terrorists so yea they gotta believe it!

I know there are alot of people here from the USA and before you start flaming and arguing with me I ask you think about the situation you are in and how your goverment acted few years ago(especialy Bush) and reconsider believing in all they say.
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by thetan on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm
([msg=46109]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

PinkFloyd22 wrote:I know there are alot of people here from the USA and before you start flaming and arguing with me I ask you think about the situation you are in and how your goverment acted few years ago(especialy Bush) and reconsider believing in all they say.

This is indicative of the fact that you too are a media slave. Nothing has changed with the context switch from the bush administration to the Obama administration.

The only thing that's changed is Obama is cooler because he's black and he uses FB and twitter, so "he must be hip y0!"

The fact of the matter is the nation is in no better condition or even path towards a better condition then when bush was calling shots.

If you truly understood how the US and the world as a whole in it's current state works, you'd realize governance is for the most part nothing more then globally distributed shadow puppet theater. The world is governed by a small amount of geographically explicit plutocracies (governments ruled by the rich, for all the kids around here). Democratic republics and parliamentary only create an illusion that people have a say when really at the end of the day the only votes that count are those that are pledged as dollars and the ones with the cash pull the strings.

When you see such a campaign being pushed around the media like the one in this topic it typically only means one thing. This is a hugely sponsored PR stunt. May it be what i call distractovision or NLP (neuro linguistic programming) priming and association ore some other new corporately sponsored mind manipulation gimmick.

Theres always an agenda and some one is always trying to gain something. Business is never ending war and the battlefield is for your and on your minds.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:30 pm
([msg=46113]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

thetan wrote:
PinkFloyd22 wrote:I know there are alot of people here from the USA and before you start flaming and arguing with me I ask you think about the situation you are in and how your goverment acted few years ago(especialy Bush) and reconsider believing in all they say.

This is indicative of the fact that you too are a media slave. Nothing has changed with the context switch from the bush administration to the Obama administration.

The only thing that's changed is Obama is cooler because he's black and he uses FB and twitter, so "he must be hip y0!"

The fact of the matter is the nation is in no better condition or even path towards a better condition then when bush was calling shots.

If you truly understood how the US and the world as a whole in it's current state works, you'd realize governance is for the most part nothing more then globally distributed shadow puppet theater. The world is governed by a small amount of geographically explicit plutocracies (governments ruled by the rich, for all the kids around here). Democratic republics and parliamentary only create an illusion that people have a say when really at the end of the day the only votes that count are those that are pledged as dollars and the ones with the cash pull the strings.

When you see such a campaign being pushed around the media like the one in this topic it typically only means one thing. This is a hugely sponsored PR stunt. May it be what i call distractovision or NLP (neuro linguistic programming) priming and association ore some other new corporately sponsored mind manipulation gimmick.

Theres always an agenda and some one is always trying to gain something. Business is never ending war and the battlefield is for your and on your minds.
Yes you are right,maybe I expressed myself badly,trust me I don't believe Obama is better than Bush I just gave him as an exemple.
As for your other points you are totally right,democracy is an illusion and yes the world is ran by rich people.
You're post is highly appreciated. :D
"he must be hip y0!"- Made me giggle.
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by anonHacker on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:54 pm
([msg=47332]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

thetan wrote:It's actually part of their culture to burn Qurans. They believe that the Quran should only exist in a "beautiful" condition and Qurans that don't live up to that standard should most definitely be burned.

Burning the US flag is much the same.
anonHacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Nostalgiia on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 pm
([msg=49818]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Vulpine wrote:Language barrier aside, yes, I think I see the point that you're making.

However, when learning about a religion, I feel that it's equally important to consider historical research just as much as, if not more than, religious doctrine. I won't blame a modern community for it's long past actions, but I like knowing where they came from and what they did to get to where they are now. A broader picture, instead of a narrower one, so to speak.

Very off topic though, so I'll leave it at that.

i don't feel that thats too far off topic. this is what makes me laugh about the whole damn thing. in the eyes of ignorance, all muslims are terrorist, religious terrorists, but terrorists none the less, right? so from a christian perspective, islam should not exist, right? but what christians fail to realize, is that they are the terrorists, they have been for a long time, from the crusades (an act of religious terrorism[also crusades consisting of almost nothing but children ]), to the christianity induced abortion clinic bombings of modern day. There are far more christian extremists in the world than there are muslim, not sure on the percentages, but when you consider the number christians vs. the number of muslims, and compare the percentages of extremism, i'm sure you'll find that there is a larger number (population wise) of christian extremists than muslim extremists.

as for the qu'ran burning, w/e, your fucking stupid, you make all americans look bad, but i'm sure it can be argued constitutional (i.e. burning qu'ran's makes them happy, and the persuit of happiness so long as it doesn't endanger the well being of others. as previously stated, freedom of expression. etc...). so do what you want, but just fyi, your a completely ignorant p.o.s.
btw, i'm american and athiest, so take that with a grain of salt i suppose.

EDIT*
@Calian
wow... i honestly and truly have no reply to that statement other than the fact that short term evolution has been proven like when they brought those fish up from the bottom of the ocean. they had no eyes, and after several generations, they evolved and, guess what? there offspring had eyes! crazy scientists with your lies and mumbo jumbo and your ooohhh, the earth is round huh???

lol ok i guess i did have a reply.

@ALL DIETIES: m|n/

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Nostalgiia
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Kwing on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm
([msg=52723]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

I'm not sure what to think of the Qu'ran burning. I see it as a feeding frenzy for ignorance, but also a display of freedom. I'm not generalizing, but if more Muslims could laugh at their stupidity I think less people would care. This goes for anyone though; people take themselves too seriously, most likely because they believe that there are things in life that are sacred... Probably gives people a reason to live, or purpose to all the suffering in life.

This doesn't mean I support ignorance, but if people on both sides stopped giving a shit the Earth would be a lot more peaceful.
Kwing
New User
New User

Post by Nostalgiia on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:36 pm
([msg=53615]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

I don't think that Muslims laughing at themselves will make people care less, actually it would probably piss americans off more lol. I mean, retarded people are freaking out enough already and pointing the finger every which way, imagine if most muslims were just like, "yea...shit happens lol". People would flip lol, and although i think it may be funny to watch people completely freak out over nothing, their would be many more christian extremists that would rise from the muslims screeching laughter in retaliation. Idk, maybe it would help, idk lol.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Nostalgiia
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Religion