Lectures are Live!

Discussions on past, current and future HTS lectures and related topics here!

Lectures are Live!

Post by Goatboy on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:50 am
([msg=45634]see Lectures are Live![/msg])

Friday, September 17, 2010 @ 8 PM Central Time:

HTS IRC room = #lecture
Ventrilo server = vent.i-cog.org : 9765

Come join us for the first official HTS Lecture in over 1,000,000 milliseconds!

That's right. This Friday, yours truly will be hosting the first of (hopefully) many (successful?) lectures (/rants).
The lecture topic for this week will be Meet The Staff. Ha! I bet you thought you were getting an actual lecture. Disregard that. We will be "meeting the staff" at the beginning of the lecture, but we will also be going into "basic hacking" - some general pointers, skills you're going to need, a schpeel on the missions (and what you'll need for each), etc. This first lecture will be less formal and "focused", but you will definitely be doing some learning. --sanddbox

I laugh at your naïvté!

But fer srs, we didn't want to plan this great lesson for the first lecture, then have only 2 people show up. We want to have this first one be more low-key and relaxed, something fun that everyone can enjoy. We'll begin this lecture with a lecture on lectures; Basically just a run-down of how things will work, what to expect, etc.

So, we expect anyone worth their weight in piss to be there. If you don't have Vent, get it. You don't need a mic, just listen. We're still working out the exact details, so this run will help determine how future lectures will go. That said, bring your suggestions (the good ones) and don't be afraid to ask questions. After all, that's why we're here.

ADD: If you happen to live in the UK or some other weird country that doesn't user 'MERKIN time, we will be recording both the IRC logs AND Vent audio. They will be publicly available for viewing or download on the main site.

See you there!

-- Goatboy --
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Lectures are Live!

Post by Monica on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 am
([msg=45859]see Re: Lectures are Live![/msg])

Interested to learn basic hacking? Do you have technical questions and need real answers? What about help with networking? Or do you need help with HTS missions? Then here's the perfect opportunity! Join us for the lecture on Friday, 9/17 at 9 PM EST! Lecturers will be verbally speaking on Ventrilo, which you may download HERE.

For more information on lectures, please click HERE!

Timezone breakdown:
6 PM PST
8 PM CST
9 PM EST

We will see you there!
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Lectures