HTS Lectures Are Coming Back!

Discussions on past, current and future HTS lectures and related topics here!

Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back!

Post by IncandescentLight on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:12 am
([msg=45319]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

I agree with having lectures on radio jamming, and maybe a crash course on wireless technology (e.g. television signals, wi-fi frequencies, filling a frequency with static) and the hardware needed to go with those. If anyone could provide a lecture on those, it would be great. But somehow I think signal-jamming is legal so this would be walking on a razor's edge.
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mRmasteRful on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 am
([msg=45320]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

That last post brought a question to my mind. Are the lectures gonna follow the rules of HTS and not condone illegal activities or is this considered a side projects of the mods and a "anything goes" type of forum is gonna be in place(where illegal issues can be discussed)?
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:01 am
([msg=45321]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:That last post brought a question to my mind. Are the lectures gonna follow the rules of HTS and not condone illegal activities or is this considered a side projects of the mods and a "anything goes" type of forum is gonna be in place(where illegal issues can be discussed)?

<official>
Of course not. HackThisSite does not support illegal activities. We would never dream of such a thing.
</official>

<unofficial>
If it happens, it happens. That's the nature of IRC and Vent. We'll naturally try to stay on the legal side of things, but I can't guarantee it'll always be that way. Doesn't mean we're going to give a step-by-step on credit card fraud, but a lecture on staying anonymous/private online might include discussion of the various methods to steal an identity.
</unofficial>

Regardless, we are never going to say "Go out and break laws" on HTS (again, IRC is a different story). However, what you do with the information you gain here is out of our bounds, and the responsibility rests entirely with you.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by goluhaque on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 am
([msg=45323]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

It would be a _lot_ better if you guys wouldn't use an IP blacklist that lists Dynamic IPs. Would definitely never would have let this chance pass. But I guess, it's just not in my fate.

Anyway, I think SSH and tunneling and rooting a Linux Server and all that shit would be very good topics for a lecture.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by Monica on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:41 pm
([msg=45338]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

goluhaque wrote: Anyway, I think SSH and tunneling and rooting a Linux Server and all that shit would be very good topics for a lecture.

+1 for you, Sir.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 pm
([msg=45352]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

goluhaque wrote:It would be a _lot_ better if you guys wouldn't use an IP blacklist that lists Dynamic IPs. Would definitely never would have let this chance pass. But I guess, it's just not in my fate.

If you're having trouble connecting (or have a gline/zline), contact us and we'll get it worked out. Our IRC Staff rarely visits the forums, so it's much better to just private message one of us and have us get it sorted out.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 pm
([msg=45362]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

I would just like to state that it is OKAY to talk about illegal topics. We just have to stay theoretical and we can not seem like we are condoning it in any way. I personally think the community is a little too unwelcome for such topics.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by goluhaque on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:24 pm
([msg=45583]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
goluhaque wrote:It would be a _lot_ better if you guys wouldn't use an IP blacklist that lists Dynamic IPs. Would definitely never would have let this chance pass. But I guess, it's just not in my fate.

If you're having trouble connecting (or have a gline/zline), contact us and we'll get it worked out. Our IRC Staff rarely visits the forums, so it's much better to just private message one of us and have us get it sorted out.

I did PM the IRC staff super admin/head admin or whatever, whoever the person was(occupying the post) about 2 months ago. Nothing changed though.
And I don't think I have been g lined/z lined, the error given after logging in, is that my IP was found as a blacklisted one on abuseat. and it said to visit it or whatever to remove it from the list or something. I don't properly remember.

I personally think the community is a little too unwelcome for such topics.

Same here.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by neuromanta on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:12 am
([msg=45636]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

I see the first lecture is anounced.
My question is: will you publish the IRC log of the lectures, for example under the "lectures" menu? And will the IRC log contain all the info? Many of us who don't live in the US can't participate in the lecture.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 am
([msg=45637]see Re: HTS Lectures Are Coming Back![/msg])

neuromanta wrote:I see the first lecture is anounced.
My question is: will you publish the IRC log of the lectures, for example under the "lectures" menu? And will the IRC log contain all the info? Many of us who don't live in the US can't participate in the lecture.

IRC logs will be posted, and Vent audio recorded. Both will be provided publicly for everyone.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lectures