Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?

Discussions on past, current and future HTS lectures and related topics here!

Re: Want To Become A HTS Staff Member?

Post by deeploy on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:55 am
([msg=43414]see Re: Want To Become A HTS Staff Member?[/msg])

I tried to send my submission, but the email adress is not working anymore :/ .. what happened ??
deeploy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?

Post by Monica on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:27 am
([msg=45499]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Many of you ask, "How do I become a HackThisSite staff?" Below will answer your question!

1.) Submission of a staff application [Click HERE for more information.]
2.) Staff review of applicant, may also perform background check
3.) We will contact candidate for interview, if selected
4.) We will provide candidate a knowledge test based on position applied, if selected
5.) Staff vote

Please do NOT contact the HTS staff for status of application.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:49 pm
([msg=45520]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Another topic worth mentioning. Don't even bother applying if you fit the following criteria:

• Only one post (only time I could imagine there being an exception is if you are applying for a position like developer and already know the staff extremely well; ex: Relative or close friend of staff that is very knowledgeable.).
  • Know next to nothing about technology
  • Write in all caps
  • Want to be paid (why would we want you anyway? - exceptions are if you provide HAWT sex)

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by XVIIMajor on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm
([msg=45600]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Next, we could use promoters. People who troll technology and security forums, IRC channels, etc., and can drop our name or cite specific articles on HTS relevant to questions people ask. Whatever you can do to LEGITIMATELY (ie. DO NOT spam) promote HTS would be appreciated.

We'd also like to bring HTS Radio back. If we can get an actual dedicated team of people to do shows, and someone or some people who can let their desktop stream radio stuff when no one is DJing, that would be an added plus. I'd like to get a whole collection of technology/security podcasts, as well as live shows (music is fine, but talk would be better), especially if we can start doing interviews and/or relevant topical discussions.

Finally, graphic designers. We need people who can do digital artwork, and do so very well. Ideally, we like the punkish theme (just look at the main HTS site, and you'll see what I mean), and would like someone who can do this sort of grunge/punk genre. We'd like to add more products to the HTS store, and update whatever imagery around the site that we can. If you feel you can improve something, prove it to us and we may just use your work.

I can help with these three things, and i resent my application to the proper email sorry for any inconvenience ill send some artwork if requested, and ive got loads of music on my computer and a mic so tell me what the plan is and ill see what i can do =]
WHERES MAH LAZOR!! i dont know. oh.. ok ^_^ weirdo.. >_>
XVIIMajor
New User
New User

Post by Monica on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 pm
([msg=46645]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

We are currently looking for 3 HTS Developers, 3 HTS Radio Staff, and 2 HTS Promoters to assist with upcoming HTS projects, including lectures, new mission development, live radio and much more! HTS Developers are required to have moderate PHP knowledge. HTS Radio Staff are required to have (live) radio broadcasting/streaming experience. HTS Promoters need to have advertisement/promotional experience; must have an interest in technological news and the media. To apply, please refer to very first post of this thread, and continue reading below. Do NOT post your application here.

Monica wrote:
1.) Submission of a staff application [Click HERE for more information.]
2.) Staff review of applicant, may also perform background check
3.) We will contact candidate for interview, if selected
4.) We will provide candidate a knowledge test based on position applied, if selected
5.) Staff vote

Kage wrote:Note: We're looking for some specific experience, too.

First of all, I personally need server admins who are HEAVILY experienced in Asterisk/PBX/SIP. Someone who is capable and has done Asterisk module coding would be immediately considered. Provable experience is necessary. I do NOT want someone who is going to be learning as they work with me. I want someone who is far more capable than I am at this, and can prove such.

Next, we could use promoters. People who troll technology and security forums, IRC channels, etc., and can drop our name or cite specific articles on HTS relevant to questions people ask. Whatever you can do to LEGITIMATELY (ie. DO NOT spam) promote HTS would be appreciated.

We'd also like to bring HTS Radio back. If we can get an actual dedicated team of people to do shows, and someone or some people who can let their desktop stream radio stuff when no one is DJing, that would be an added plus. I'd like to get a whole collection of technology/security podcasts, as well as live shows (music is fine, but talk would be better), especially if we can start doing interviews and/or relevant topical discussions.

Finally, graphic designers. We need people who can do digital artwork, and do so very well. Ideally, we like the punkish theme (just look at the main HTS site, and you'll see what I mean), and would like someone who can do this sort of grunge/punk genre. We'd like to add more products to the HTS store, and update whatever imagery around the site that we can. If you feel you can improve something, prove it to us and we may just use your work.
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 pm
([msg=46732]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

I was going to try to hide the obvious bump attempt, but then I remembered I was lazy.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Monica on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:07 am
([msg=46761]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Are you interested to become a HackThisSite Staff member? If so, this is your chance to join the staff to serve the HTS community and assist with upcoming HTS projects! This includes lectures, new mission development, live radio and much more! HackThisSite currently have all positions opened! IMPORTANT details below, so please read thoroughly!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Available Positions:

Site Developer: Must have advanced PHP skills and have hacking/security knowledge for web development; required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics. Responsible to code new projects, handling of bug fixes and bug reports.
Mission Developer: Must have advanced interpreted or compiled-language skills and have hacking/security knowledge for mission development; required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics. Responsible to code new projects, handling of bug fixes and bug reports.
Forum Moderator: Must have forum moderation experience; required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics. Manages topics and provides answers to community concerns; responsibility of taking appropriate action (if necessary) when monitoring content.
Site Moderator: Must have moderate programming skills and have hacking/security knowledge for management of site articles, lectures, programs, links, some bug reports, userpics and comments. Has forum access and manages forum topics and provides answers to community concerns; responsibility of taking appropriate action (if necessary) when monitoring content. Required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics.
Radio Broadcaster: Must have broadcasting or radio experience. Responsibility of live broadcasting and streaming content. Suggested (but not required) to have a general understanding of other computer-related topics.
Promoter: Manages media content, responsibility of technological news/media and promotion of HTS. Suggested (but not required) to have a general understanding of other computer-related topics.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
For Consideration, You MUST:

• Have experience in the position of which you are applying
• Meet the requirements of the position of which you are applying
• Provide references to websites/communities where you've held a similar role to the position of which you are applying
• Have good character and maturity

Sanddbox's Advice :roll: - "Don't even bother applying if you fit the following criteria:"

• If you only have one post (only time I could imagine there being an exception is if you are applying for a position like a developer and already know the staff extremely well; i.e. Relative or close friend of a staff who is very knowledgeable)
• Know next to nothing about technology
• Write in all CAPS
• Want to be paid (why would we want you anyway? - exceptions are if you provide HAWT sex)
The Agreement:

Becoming a HackThisSite staff member does NOT give you any rights, nor any special treatment, but you are granted some privileges with your position to serve the HTS community. However with access, comes responsibility. You must abide by all normal rules, Code of Conduct and agree to TOS. If you have read and understand the agreement AND requirements of becoming a staff, then you are ready to apply! Please use the application template below and e-mail your application to: apply@hackthissite.org
The Application:

Required Information

• Field Experience: (i.e. Experience in the position of which you are applying)
• References: (i.e. Communities that you've held a similar role to the position of which you are applying)
• Experienced Languages: (i.e. C++, PHP, Perl)
• Hobbies: (i.e. Programming, HTS Challenges, Reading)
• HTS Username(s): (i.e. Monica, Fluffy)
• Original Join Date: (i.e. Mar 17th 2003)
• Contributions to HTS: (i.e. Donations [$5], Articles [3], Lectures [1])
• Free time per day: (i.e. 2 hours)
• Profiles elsewhere: (i.e. http://hackthissite.org/staffonly/monica)
• Why should we consider you to be a staff member?: (i.e. I love HTS is NOT a good answer. Details expected.)

Extra info is requested, but not required:

• Name: (i.e. Monica)
• Your Age: (i.e. 24)

DO NOT POST YOUR APPLICATION HERE! E-MAIL TO: APPLY@HACKTHISSITE.ORG

Application Sent. Now What?

1.) Staff review of application, may perform background check
2.) After review and background check, staff will contact via e-mail for IRC interview
3.) If IRC interview was satisfactory, staff will provide a knowledge test based on position applied
4.) Staff vote and discussion
5.) Once selected, staff will provide a welcome-kit

Updated 9/29/10
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thetan on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm
([msg=47560]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Developers
I'm specifically looking for more developers. We simply don't have enough hands on keyboards bashing out code to get half of our many projects done. We're not looking for top notch over qualified individuals, we're looking for people like you! People who are curious, willing to learn and can show up to the party with an open mind. You don't have to even write code, you can help us by writing documentation, commenting code and review code as well. You will get full credit for all contributions and efforts to any of our many projects. All of your efforts will be subject to peer review and you will actively participate in peer review.

Working with us won't be all work, you'll also learn through working with us and teach others along the way. Education and learning hands on and through experimentation is a key principal to the hacker/CS community and we will do our best to respect this fine tradition. In return i hope to learn from you in the process of us all mentoring each other and pushing our limits. This is more then just writing code this is about growing as developers, hackers, and computer scientists. Apply NOW! Send your application directly to me if you have to and i'll do what i have to do to get you on the developer team (this open door offer doesn't apply to any other staff positions.)

Radio Staff
HTS Radio will be doing pilot runs in a few days in preparation for it's big debut. HTS Radio will be our very own community ran and driven internet radio station. We will need DJs to stream and double as online radio personalities in between the gaps. Also we will be hosting our very own podcast radio shows live and re-runs to fill in the gaps. We'll need people to man the air waves for us, to organize air time schedules, play some of them funky tunes and most importantly have a good time. HTS is not a job, it never has been and never will be. For more information contact Goatboy or me.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nizzle Ninja on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm
([msg=50536]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Hmmm....I could try to be a developer.......
Nizzle Ninja
New User
New User

Post by freakinmind on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:10 am
([msg=51338]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

hey there.Have my application been approved???
freakinmind
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Lectures