what is your opinion in quran burning?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by oday88 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 pm
([msg=45353]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
oday88 wrote:
Vulpine wrote:One of the most controversial and interesting sects of Islam in history is no reference concerning Muslim beliefs? And a Muslim chat room is?

Yeah... :roll:

this is history not belief ,do you understand the difference
but because of your ignorance in islam(i notice this from your comment because you mentioned that history reference is a belief reference)
i gave you a references.
sorry i did not mean the negative side for this word (ignorance)


I can feel the stupid radiating off of you. It burns.

As to my opinions on the matter, my position is similar to Goatboy's (as always). They are free to burn as many Qur'ans as they wish - that's their right. However, they're unintelligent, bigoted morons to do so. Showing America as a country of intolerant holy book burners isn't going to make the less-extremist Muslims (many of whom live in America) like us any more.

TL;DR: It's their right, but they're still [censored]* for it.

*In answer to the trolls, this is the only major part of my posting that I have changed since I have become mod. Blame Monica.

my friend,Your comment was beautiful but it was nicer if you did not mention the word stupid,not problem
oday88
New User
New User
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by sanddbox on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 pm
([msg=45354]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Very well. I share a difference of opinion with you over the matter of history not being related to the religion. I find it one of the most important things - people tend to have a way of forgetting that they've abandoned customs that the Qur'an or another holy book bids them to do. How anyone can claim that a change in society's views warrants a change in the words of an all-powerful, all-knowing god who has been around forever is acceptable is beyond me.

History is also an excellent way to a) assess the validity of claims made in a holy book (prophet X did miracle Y, the world is X years old, etc) b) understand why things such as slavery and sex with young children are treated as something just fine in holy books (societal beliefs were different), and c) learn about the evolution of religion.

Alas, we are getting somewhat off topic. Oh well.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by oday88 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:03 pm
([msg=45358]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

please read about any subject before you share your opinion in your subject,and i said i want opinions from instructive people
i don't here to correct your ethics and your knowledge,i am here to share my opinion with you .
your words sex stupid....,
instructive people:people knowing the art of dialog ,respecting the other belief,useing a polite word
i will ignore you because of your ethics.say what you want
oday88
New User
New User
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by sanddbox on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 pm
([msg=45359]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

oday88 wrote:please read about any subject before you share your opinion in your subject,and i said i want opinions from instructive people
i don't here to correct your ethics and your knowledge,i am here to share my opinion with you .
your words sex stupid....,
instructive people:people knowing the art of dialog ,respecting the other belief,useing a polite word
i will ignore you because of your ethics.say what you want


Lolwut.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by Goatboy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:36 am
([msg=45395]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Lolwut.

Considering he's from a Damascus-based ISP and is talking about the Qur'an, I would assume that some dialect of Arabic is his primary language. Learning English from Arabic is hella hard. For me to learn Arabic, I pretty much just had to drop most of the grammar I knew and stick to present and past. For the other way around, you have to add about 14 different tenses/POVs and all the other crap we have in English. So I can understand his misspellings and grammar. I know this board is English-based, but you have to give him props for trying.

I only have a problem with people who are born in an English-speaking environment and still can't speak the damn language more than a decade later. Some of this stuff you should pick up just from being alive. (Bill Mahr quote, yes)

Back on topic though. I actually just found out about that pastor or whatever who's planning on burning the Qur'an on 9/11. That's what I get for not watching the news, I guess. But yea, doing that is - in my opinion - just ridiculous. I mean I can understand not liking a religion, but this guy is just making himself look like a douche. "Tolerance," it seems, is no longer a part of the Christian doctrine.

مع السلام يا صديقي
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2823
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by sanddbox on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 pm
([msg=45435]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
sanddbox wrote:Lolwut.

Considering he's from a Damascus-based ISP and is talking about the Qur'an, I would assume that some dialect of Arabic is his primary language. Learning English from Arabic is hella hard. For me to learn Arabic, I pretty much just had to drop most of the grammar I knew and stick to present and past. For the other way around, you have to add about 14 different tenses/POVs and all the other crap we have in English. So I can understand his misspellings and grammar. I know this board is English-based, but you have to give him props for trying.

I only have a problem with people who are born in an English-speaking environment and still can't speak the damn language more than a decade later. Some of this stuff you should pick up just from being alive. (Bill Mahr quote, yes)

Back on topic though. I actually just found out about that pastor or whatever who's planning on burning the Qur'an on 9/11. That's what I get for not watching the news, I guess. But yea, doing that is - in my opinion - just ridiculous. I mean I can understand not liking a religion, but this guy is just making himself look like a douche. "Tolerance," it seems, is no longer a part of the Christian doctrine.

مع السلام يا صديقي


I can tell he's foreign - I was referring more to the absurdity that a) he doesn't see what history has to do with belief and more importantly b) he took more offense to the post where I DIDN'T use a strawman and actually tried to debate with him.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by tremor77 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:30 pm
([msg=45821]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Goatboy wrote: "Tolerance," it seems, is no longer a part of the Christian doctrine.


Tolerance no longer seems to be part of any of the major religious doctrines. Where is the outrage against Muslim protesters burning Bibles and Torahs and the American Flag? To me it seems the Muslim populace wants to be granted all the protections of their faith; "no images of Allah or the Prophet Mohammed, no burning of the Quran" without affording those same protections in return those of the Christian or Jewish Faiths.

In a sense.. "They want to have their cake, and eat it too." The Islamic community should be well pleased that we live in the age that we live in... should this have been merely 60 years ago, after the World Trade Center... A massive portion of them would have been rounded up and put into internment camps. (See: Pearl Harbor and the internment of American Japanese). We as American's (the majority of us) so greatly strive to be politically correct, so protect freedom and equality, that in this day and age we are blind to the truths and the realities of the real world.

Religions of all kinds teaches us in one hand to be good to one another, obey it's moral rules... and then in the other hand tells to smite the non-believers, to disembowel them, bleed them out and hang them from posts.

Religion is a crutch for weak and scared. Religion is an answer to a child's questions about where did we come from and what is the meaning of life? Religion is a medieval tool of social control when the rule of law hadn't yet established itself.

I say burn the Quran, burn the Bible, burn the Torah, burn anything from L. Ron Hubbard and burn away thousands of years of hatred, bigotry and illogical, mis-guided teachings... to make way for the future of mankind. Religion is holding humanity up from uniting under the banner of science, reason and the rule of law.

Fucking burn it all.
Image
User avatar
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:00 pm
Location: New York
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by Calian on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:10 pm
([msg=45834]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Religions of all kinds teaches us in one hand to be good to one another, obey it's moral rules... and then in the other hand tells to smite the non-believers, to disembowel them, bleed them out and hang them from posts.


You don't know many religions then. An putting everyone into the same box is a little narrowminded sorry.

Religion is a crutch for weak and scared


So your telling me because I don't believe that I evolved from a fish, an believe that there is more to my existance than that, I'm weak and scared? I'd like to say thats a load of shit. You tell a child that they evolved from some random protein strings coming together an a few million years later they became a fish and a few million after that they changed into something else, and they laugh at you. Strange that adults believe it through and through. Your telling me that you honestly without a doubt believe that you evolved? It's strange that over the past what at least 3000 years that nothing is still evolving? A little strange I'd say, don't see no animals evolving either. Now you might bring up adaptation an Darwin yea, but if I was a 100meter sprinter my body would adapt to being better at that, doesn't mean I evolved. An even more strange that before the Precambrian explosion there aint no fossil records, so out of nowhere Organic material turned up, then it began to evolve. I don't believe the crap that you get spoon fed in school these days, people need to go out and look up there own opinions instead of coming to a conclusion based on something they learn when there like 11 years old. Weak and scared? Having hope is weak and scared? Where did you come up with that?

Religion is a medieval tool of social control when the rule of law hadn't yet established itself.


Law was well established. Society wasn't. An the Law back in the bible times was rather strict. 600+ Laws, there all in the bible, and they cover pretty much everything. I'd say the law was established. Just because humans come in and mess it up doesn't mean that God is in the wrong.

illogical, mis-guided teachings...


If I understand this right, people belive religon and other people believe in the theory of evolution, but according to what your saying doesn't religon then become it's self a theory, the theory of god, now to my understanding there is a logic behind every theory. So saying that it's illogical isn't right really. An mis-guided teachings? Again humans mess up the teachings,its not the teachings that are mis-guided, the people are. An not by the teachings either, but by there interpretation of the teachings.

Religion is holding humanity up from uniting under the banner of science, reason and the rule of law.


Do you even know what science is in the bible?

Job 26:10, Prov 8:27, Isaiah 40:22, Amos 9:6. - Earth was round. Yet some nuggets in the 15th Century still believed that the earth was flat. Did they have religon back then hmmmmmmm yes there was. Google it.

The water cycle was not fully understood until about 30 B.C. by a Roman engineer named Marcus Vitruvius according to modern science. Eccl 1:6-7; 11:3; Job 26:8; Amos 9:6 - All mention it an yes those books of the bible were written before 30 B.C

There is just a few things for you to read, before dismissing.

C
Calian
New User
New User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by Goatboy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:43 pm
([msg=45838]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

@Calian: Not going to rip apart your post, but I think you need to read more into evolution. I can tell that you know quite a bit about it, but it seems as if you were reading something written by a religious person. That's just how it seems.

One thing I want to point out is that the concept of evolution makes no more sense to a child than does the concept of God. However, which is easier (and more comforting) to believe?

Easier: We were literally made from dust.

Harder: [Insert volumes and volumes of books devoted to evolution here.]

More comforting: God loves you, and he can do anything. If you are good, you will be rewarded forever in Heaven.

Less comforting: We are essentially no different from animals. After you die, nothing happens.


The simple truth is that religion is easier to teach. The way I see it is like this: People are taught religion from the early ages, and science comes later in life. QED, religion must be for children, and science is for adults.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2823
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?

Post by sanddbox on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:44 pm
([msg=45839]see Re: what is your opinion in quran burning?[/msg])

Calian wrote:
Religion is a crutch for weak and scared


So your telling me because I don't believe that I evolved from a fish, an believe that there is more to my existance than that, I'm weak and scared? I'd like to say thats a load of shit. You tell a child that they evolved from some random protein strings coming together an a few million years later they became a fish and a few million after that they changed into something else, and they laugh at you. Strange that adults believe it through and through. Your telling me that you honestly without a doubt believe that you evolved? It's strange that over the past what at least 3000 years that nothing is still evolving? A little strange I'd say, don't see no animals evolving either. Now you might bring up adaptation an Darwin yea, but if I was a 100meter sprinter my body would adapt to being better at that, doesn't mean I evolved. An even more strange that before the Precambrian explosion there aint no fossil records, so out of nowhere Organic material turned up, then it began to evolve. I don't believe the crap that you get spoon fed in school these days, people need to go out and look up there own opinions instead of coming to a conclusion based on something they learn when there like 11 years old. Weak and scared? Having hope is weak and scared? Where did you come up with that?
C


Congrats, you figured out how to herp at the same time you derped.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests