dislosing a vunerability

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

dislosing a vunerability

Post by graham_chow on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:48 pm
([msg=43744]see dislosing a vunerability[/msg])

About a week ago, I rang up a company because their web site had obviously been hacked. I went back yesterday and they had fixed it up. I noticed a few things like directory listing of obviously content that should not be publicly available and then I stumbled upon a hidden "admin logon page". Having just completed realistic 2 and having a user name I could not resist in trying the SQL injection hack. I'm in and it presented me with lots of nice tools to add and remove content to their site :o . I can't anonymously call this time because the technical detail is too high for the receptionist. Is the best bet to send them snail mail or should I just move on and forget about it? It is not an ecommerce site, but they would have enermies who would like to deface their website. It is not a political website - they just do necessary things that the public generally don't like.
graham_chow
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: dislosing a vunerability

Post by Assassian360 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:28 pm
([msg=43748]see Re: dislosing a vunerability[/msg])

graham_chow wrote:About a week ago, I rang up a company because their web site had obviously been hacked. I went back yesterday and they had fixed it up. I noticed a few things like directory listing of obviously content that should not be publicly available and then I stumbled upon a hidden "admin logon page". Having just completed realistic 2 and having a user name I could not resist in trying the SQL injection hack. I'm in and it presented me with lots of nice tools to add and remove content to their site :o . I can't anonymously call this time because the technical detail is too high for the receptionist. Is the best bet to send them snail mail or should I just move on and forget about it? It is not an ecommerce site, but they would have enermies who would like to deface their website. It is not a political website - they just do necessary things that the public generally don't like.

I would suggest trying to send an email first. If they don't respond send another or give them a call.
They'd probably like to know about it.
Assassian360
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm
([msg=43749]see Re: dislosing a vunerability[/msg])

Anonymous email is the way to go.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Seraph89 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:04 am
([msg=44063]see Re: dislosing a vunerability[/msg])

Anonymous email will be a winner, that way they know and you cant be targeted for illegal activities :D

Good job tho.
Seraph89
New User
New User

Return to Ethics