Stego 15

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 15

Post by Goatboy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 pm
([msg=37815]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

motley84 wrote:Forgive me if i am little out of order, but... are we supposed to see anything popping out of the image?

That would be an optical illusion... This is steganography.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm
([msg=37821]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

motley84 wrote:Forgive me if i am little out of order, but... are we supposed to see anything popping out of the image?

Don't count on cracking it.....
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by msbachman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 am
([msg=39531]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

The only idea I have as of yet is that it might have come about from bit shifting another file (which it would be based upon). Can anyone confirm if another file is needed to complete this?
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by OnlyHuman on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 pm
([msg=39744]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

There are too many interesting avenues to pursue here. The histogram of the image shows a specific color with an unusual spike to it. I've manipulated that as best I can to try and view any hidden data, but to no avail. Then there are the multiple IDAT chunks. But, I've put together a similar image by defining random color values at each pixel location, and I too wound up with several of these. So far, I've also found very little inside them. Even more interesting, is the way that color values are repeated in the image. It seems, that the frequency of reused colors could hold some clue. But, I have yet to fully understand that relationship, if one exists. Additionally, there is only a single column and a single row of pixels that do not possess a full value of 255 on their alpha channel. I've even interpreted the X, Y, A, R, G, and B values of every pixel in the image as ASCII, but wound up with nothing too legible. This is all very interesting stuff, but so far, it leads me nowhere. Any hint at all?
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by HiPhiSch on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:57 am
([msg=40370]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

This one is driving me nuts, too. :| Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I cannot find any lines or columns with nonzero alpha channel. However, I might found something but I am not sure if I am on the right track:

Looking at the Image you see n***e. This made me look at if this n***e is white or has some outstanding properties. Analysis showed that in the n***e two outstanding things can be found. One of them might give you something like a bracket on where the hidden information is stored. The other one may be the key to the hidden information itself. However, the upcoming analysis of that portion has not brought up anything interesting so far. I know that so far only three people managed to completely solve this challenge, but maybe someone is at least a step further than me and can at least give a hint if my approach is heading in the right direction. :)
HiPhiSch
New User
New User

Post by terranigma on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:36 pm
([msg=40563]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Does it have something to do with LSB?
terranigma
New User
New User

Post by OnlyHuman on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm
([msg=40564]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

HiPhiSch wrote:This one is driving me nuts, too. :| Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I cannot find any lines or columns with nonzero alpha channel. However, I might found something but I am not sure if I am on the right track:

You're probably more on the right track than I was when I made my first post on this thread. I was using a poorly constructed file parser when I loaded the image. I later rewrote my analysis code using a different one, and found the same. Another user pointed me in the direction of Chi Square analysis and LSB manipulation. I've got nothing else to go on for this one, so it seems like the most likely possibility right now.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by DrakierD on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 am
([msg=43166]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

Any help from the 6 who have completed it as to some direction?
DrakierD
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by smartmalk on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:45 am
([msg=46899]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

I was trying to resume this challenge I started quite a long time ago but I just noticed the picture has changed, if it follows the same method the best hint was already given, just look at the dots you found and don't complicate it too much, think simple, you've done it for other challenges in this site.
smartmalk
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:55 pm
([msg=46921]see Re: Stego 15[/msg])

smartmalk wrote:I was trying to resume this challenge I started quite a long time ago but I just noticed the picture has changed, if it follows the same method the best hint was already given, just look at the dots you found and don't complicate it too much, think simple, you've done it for other challenges in this site.

The entire challenge and method has changed, along with the newer image.
Defience
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography