The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by msbachman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm
([msg=42793]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

smittyy wrote: Well yeah im a Christian, I don't care if people say, GODS FAKE LOSER. And they have "proof"

Don't know any atheists who would claim to have proof that god doesn't exist, with the possible exception of philosophers who try to show god to be inconsistent.

I'd say I have just as much proof, zero, that god doesn't exist as I do that Santa doesn't exist. Or Zeus, or unicorns.

it doesn't matter, im a born Christian, and I will stay that way for the rest of my life.

That's fine by me, if you can tell me why someone who claimed the same thing about unicorns wouldn't be written off as a loon:
It doesn't matter, I was raised to believe in unicorns, and I'll believe they exist for the rest of my life
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Orpheus 47k on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:58 pm
([msg=42795]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

alright somone made have said this but i missed it. If you look at how many religions there are it makes you think how do you know if christian god is real. Hell the sun could be are god or an alien could be and also look at what religion is ,it tells you that there is a afterlife if only your good or pure or a great leader FUCK THAT! Its all made for people who are scared of death and the being good part is to stop people from doing crimal activities
hackers use backdoors
Orpheus 47k
New User
New User

Post by msbachman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 pm
([msg=42796]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Orpheus 47k wrote: Hell the sun could be are god or an alien could be and also look at what religion is ,it tells you that there is a afterlife if only your good or pure or a great leader

A lot of Protestant denominations even dropped good works from the pact with the devil to ascend into heaven.

Now, all you need to get there is faith. Think about that for a second...that's something that god doesn't seem to require (after all, showing himself in the way the Bible leads people to believe isn't that convincing or supported by evidence). Back in my theist days, prior to going to Catholic seminary, I asked god for more evidence. So, I have verifiable proof that he doesn't give a shit if I believe or not, because he didn't get back to me on that.

However, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing a church would say to try and expand their ranks. All you have to do is believe what we tell you, there's no ethical stipulations on anything after that whatsoever, which is convenient for the church, given that historically they have single-handedly led whole nations to war.

It's a pretty good indicator of the fact that the Christian credo is man-made. It's focal point is something the church demands, not god. If you doubt this, ask the big man yourself. And if he responds to you and not me, join a Calvinist church because apparently you have been predestined to the elect members of heaven, and I am doomed to Hell, despite any efforts to the contrary I might conceivably try.

Lol, gotta love god for setting up one of the most 'god awful' incentive systems around...or rather, the people who claim to speak for him. Join our church or else.

Last word for me on this topic: imagine I held a small child about the age of six captive. I'm out to test whether or not god exists, so I grab a serraded knife and start gutting the kid like a fish. He pleads for his life as his entrails spill to the floor but I continue. Neither have heard of the gospel before.

Trick question: when does god stop me? Answer: he doesn't. The kid dies a slow and painful death by evisceration and burns for all eternity in a pit of fire. I, on the other hand, happen to bump into a member of 'god's congregation' in the grocery store, he proselytizes, and I buy into it. I get hit by a car the same day and ascend into heaven, where all of us good christians watch all of the heathens, dissenters, Buddhists, Muslims, etc. burn forever. We all have a good laugh at the expense of the non-believers over a beer and a joint with God, Jesus, Moe, and Larry.

THAT, is what you have to accept to be a Christian...beyond all the nonsense about the miracles in the bible, Jesus' divinity, etc. You have to believe that there's nothing fundamentally flawed about it; which is why I'm so exacerbated by the excess of Christians espousing moral superiority to everyone else, including myself. It's a fantasy only a Christian could believe in; anyone reading this is morally superior to their god by god's own schizophrenic standards. Even were a god to exist he would have no authority to punish you when he himself is morally culpable for his inaction in the holocaust, the WTC attacks, or numerous other atrocities committed by men against innocent civilians.

And I'll repeat it for the last time: there's a lot of smart people on this forum that are still under the illusion that god cares about them, or that he even exists. Imagine the worst tragedy that could befall you, or that of an innocent creature, a baby kitten, for instance. Plead for your/their life to an ethereal god; no answer nor help will find you/them. And we're to believe that a god, of which no evidence is present, is going to start caring about what I did in anyone's life after a lifetime of absolute apathy to any action whatsoever?

Again, this is something only a theist could believe.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Microelite7711 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:27 am
([msg=43077]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Holy crap, I didn't know there was so much lengthy written comments, but for the theist just give this concept a gander. It will probably not make you stop believing in your one out of one thousand god because it's been implanted and drilled in your head as a child but this is just fun to think of, so just try it for fun :D

Ok, so imagine you have a deck of flash cards with EVERY SINGLE religions god in the whole entire world!!!!!! Woah! :o .... 8-)
haha, now; Imagine in your head the reasons you don't believe in Zeus, Buddah, the Mormon God, and Catholic God and saints perhaps... and all the other thousands of gods to pick from.

Now, I can't prove what you thought of or anything like that but I'm 100% positive that all the traits you listed, if you actually listed them, or could even just think of a few, apply to your same exact god. Go ahead and dispute me, but I'm positive that you know that after you did this "test" (if you actually sat back and thought for a little) you can clearly see that you give your god special anti-discrimination that you otherwise would/could use against anyone else's god.

Isn't that just interesting to think about?

Sorry if anyone gets offended if you think that I'm a bad person for bringing up a "dead" topic. I don't know how long a topic has to be inactive to be considered "dead"... I just thought it would be nice to share this with theists :D

Thanks everyone!
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mRmasteRful on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:40 am
([msg=43124]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

I always get a kick out of seeing people debating about a God figure on HTS.I would like for once to see the Christianity God not be the focus of discussion. Let's talk about another religion for a change. I should probably read all 6 pages of posts before I start to 'express opinions'.
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by Microelite7711 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:01 pm
([msg=43139]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:I always get a kick out of seeing people debating about a God figure on HTS.I would like for once to see the Christianity God not be the focus of discussion. Let's talk about another religion for a change. I should probably read all 6 pages of posts before I start to 'express opinions'.

Or you can see that the Christian god is a good candidate for this debate as people say he is perfect which can't be for anything in this whole entire reality. Plus most people know most about Christianity and not the much about the Scientology god, the Mormon god, Greek gods, Catholic god, etc. I hope you get the point. And hey, I have a kick in the sense that it is fun to read these interesting posts about the debate of God so I can further strengthen my opinion about any god.

Now you go ahead and start a thread about how buddha, the Jewish God, or the Muslim God is not real and notice the lack of interest.
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vulpine on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:23 pm
([msg=43140]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Actually, Siddhartha was real.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by msbachman on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:24 pm
([msg=43141]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:Now you go ahead and start a thread about how buddha, the Jewish God, or the Muslim God is not real and notice the lack of interest.

It's not as interesting because in the places where most of the people posting in this forum (western Europe, Canada, US, predominantly English-speaking countries), Christianity is the main religion that most people know.

Plus, some loon can cook up a god in five seconds. You don't need to disprove anything, if there's no evidence of it, which can be said of the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god, the only real reason to bicker over it is if a large population is deceived into believing in one. If the Branch Davidians believed in a different god and denied the Christian one, who gives a shit? They're a bunch of loons, noone cares unless there's either substantial evidence to consider their claims or a large body of followers already deceived.

Also, funny story about Buddha, he said he disliked miracles, yet even with him saying this his followers still were able to work miracles into his legend.
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Microelite7711 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 am
([msg=43151]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

msbachman wrote:It's not as interesting because in the places where most of the people posting in this forum (western Europe, Canada, US, predominantly English-speaking countries), Christianity is the main religion that most people know.

Yes, the gist is that Christianity is more popular... That's exactly what I already have stated.

msbachman wrote:You don't need to disprove anything, if there's no evidence of it, which can be said of the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god

If you actually read my first post, you would have easily been able to see my logical thoughts. If I told you that the new God I believe kills every single person instantly when they get to the age 14 and it didn't happen doesn't this disprove him? Though so... See, now you know you don't need evidence my good friend. You learn something new everyday, right? 8-)
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mRmasteRful on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 am
([msg=43152]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Point taken most of HTS users may be Christians and it is well known but for once I would like to hear a jew or maybe a muslim defend their belief in a God(s). Not for the sake of right or wrong but just to read something of interest.
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion