Javascript Mission 7

Learn the basics of how to exploit JavaScript.

Re: Javascript Mission 7

Post by hammyobob on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 am
([msg=42735]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

For all who are still struggling, look up an ACSII converter. It will help you a lot in deciphering :D. But it will take some time to figure it out..
hammyobob
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Chazaq on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:48 pm
([msg=44005]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

Well, I got this one...finally...but I couldn't figure it out without an add-on and that frustrates me. This is the only js mission I've struggled with so far...
Chazaq
New User
New User

Post by toaspantenix on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm
([msg=45302]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

Really easy, cracked it in less then a minute. Think, if you cant get through Obfuscation, and your supposed to be able to solve, what else is there to check?
toaspantenix
New User
New User

Post by TheJuggarnaut on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:24 pm
([msg=45633]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

Ok, for anyone who is struggling with this mission, THIS is all you really need to know: Javascript

I'm not saying it to be vague, and obviously you need to know it or are trying to learn it because you're doing Javascript missions. Sometimes the most basic of injections/scripts/codes will suffice, and also help you see that no matter how FRUSTRATING, IRRITATING and IMPOSSIBLE some things may seem, you just gotta remember: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Now, on to a more helpful hint:
What you are looking for, and what will help you complete this mission is in the source. Again, vague. I got it. But it's true. From previous missions, you know how to display data that you want. Now you just have to figure out what data you need to display. I don't know how to be any more clearer without it becomeing a spoiler. Good luck!

p.s. If you are still having problems, or don't know how you figured it out, pm me and I'll do my best to explain. I'm by no means and expert, but I do what I can to help.

p.p.s. This is my very first post since I've been on HTS and I must say, the whole staff has put together a great architecture for this type of learning enviroment which is rarely seen in this day and age. I am a US Navy Cryptologist and I'm going to look for work in network security/pentesting when I get out thanks to this site. Keep up the good work!
TheJuggarnaut
New User
New User

Post by alltheprettyhorses on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 am
([msg=46361]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

-Edited out- Sorry, over-hinting for sure. Although, if anyone needs some help with javascript feel free to ask
"So this is how liberty dies; With thunderous applause..."
alltheprettyhorses
New User
New User

Post by psychojuggler on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:23 pm
([msg=47611]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

Nice mission this one! And to give a little boost to the newbies out there... I am a newbie too and I know only a few things about JavaScript. So it is possible for everyone to get this one done! :mrgreen:

Please forget about the whole DOM matter (ok, it is another way you can solve this problem, but it confused me at first and delayed me for about 45' minutes..) Then I just used firebug (as always), I took a clearer look and the answer was in front of me. I just wasn't looking for 45' minutes, cause I thought it would be more difficult.

Btw... this is a great community guys and I'm glad I found it! :geek:
== Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics - doesn't make sense.==
psychojuggler
New User
New User

Post by teateo on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 pm
([msg=47635]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

is java 7 off for a reason? i installed firebug and is not accepting the password, am i doing something wrong?
teateo
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:38 pm
([msg=47637]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

teateo wrote:is java 7 off for a reason? i installed firebug and is not accepting the password, am i doing something wrong?

Yep. Also, it's javascript 7.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by teateo on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:08 pm
([msg=47642]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

so did the pass changed ? or my approach with firebug is not correct?

:oops: nvm ..my mispelling it was.. :D
teateo
New User
New User

Post by Draik on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:31 pm
([msg=47979]see Re: Javascript Mission 7[/msg])

Took me a bit to get all of the info together, then get what I needed. T,h,e, ,o,b,f,u,s,c,a,t,e,d, ,p,a,r,t, ,i,s, ,c,u,r,s,e,d. Upon lifting the hex, I was able to clearly see what was in front of me the whole time. This one was quite fun. And yeah, don't over think this mission.
Draik
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Javascript