satellite access

Wired and wireless telecommunications networks and devices

satellite access

Post by avater159 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 pm
([msg=41422]see satellite access[/msg])

hey i was wondering is it possiable to access old satellites in the junkyard orbit. lets say like satellite Intelsat-4 [PAS-4]. or others. and i was also wondering how would i get a direct connection between a satellite dish and my computer not like those connections used for satellite tv but like observatory. something close to the ones out in the seria nevada.
avater159
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: satellite access

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 pm
([msg=41423]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

Ah, that's a pretty simple matter.

Start by initiating a firewire jump connection to your nearest uplink port. Usually uplinks ports are only about 5 miles away, but avoid government uplink ports as they monitor all connections. Once connected, you're going to have to multiroute the server access. To do this, you're going to have to cause a buffer overflow by nullrouting it and then switching the config modules. Make sure to account for offset by the greatest bit.

After that, crossinterface with a version 5.0 or greater and wait to be connected to the satellite. Now you should have proxy database access, but before you can view the satellite images you're going to have to run a basic privilege escalation attack. Satellites are normally vulnerable to quite a few privelege escalation vectors, the most prominent of them being the smurf bypass. To perform the smurf you're going to have to double-back the connections, hop onto a T1 line and then execute a command shell. Be careful not to run any Lunix command shells as they'll triplebreak your connection and you'll have to reboot manually.

Now you should have access to the satellite images, but they're double ROT-13 encrypted. Perform a triple shift, flip the bits, and convert all of the bytes from signed to unsigned bytes.

Once that's done, simply extract the archive and you're done.

All in all, it's pretty basic stuff.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by avater159 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 pm
([msg=41424]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

no if i wanted to avoid govt upload points and i have an 3 or so foot diameter dish what would i do for that. and the satellite i wish to link to is retired. this is all happening in the USA if that helps any.
avater159
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 pm
([msg=41425]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

Avoiding government uplink ports is simple. Their radio address are in the 127.0.x.x block. If any of their addresses match that, you don't want to connect.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by avater159 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 am
([msg=41426]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

you've help me a lot but I'm still confused. here let me restate what i want to do. i want to send a signal strait to space to which a satellite would receive the command excite it then possibly send it back. all this would be self contained to my location and my equipment except the satellite. hopefully this is clearer on what I'm asking.
avater159
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:07 am
([msg=41427]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

avater159 wrote:you've help me a lot but I'm still confused. here let me restate what i want to do. i want to send a signal strait to space to which a satellite would receive the command excite it then possibly send it back. all this would be self contained to my location and my equipment except the satellite. hopefully this is clearer on what I'm asking.

Yes. I know. Just follow the directions I gave in my first post.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 am
([msg=41428]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

It would help to know why you want to do this. If you plan on physically moving the satellite via your connection, you're going to need a T03-X11 emulation thread. This will help in stabilizing the satellite in zero-G space. If, however, you are going to use it to create a distribution vertex, you should go with a T03-X15 emulation thread. This is because the X15 has enhanced encryption and uplink speeds.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by avater159 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:16 am
([msg=41430]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

what i would do would just be accessing it. it would be the same as someone throwing laptop in space and accessing it. just to use the processing and view the files. @sanddbox = i will thank you.
avater159
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 am
([msg=41432]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

I thought it was a legitimate question guys. I have no idea however on how you would go about this.

Ps. Lookup double rot 13 and guess what the rest of their posts are about... :/
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by sanddbox on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:11 pm
([msg=41453]see Re: satellite access[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:I thought it was a legitimate question guys. I have no idea however on how you would go about this.

Ps. Lookup double rot 13 and guess what the rest of their posts are about... :/

He wants to control a satellite through a satellite dish. You really think it's worth our time?

-- Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 pm --

Goatboy wrote:It would help to know why you want to do this. If you plan on physically moving the satellite via your connection, you're going to need a T03-X11 emulation thread. This will help in stabilizing the satellite in zero-G space. If, however, you are going to use it to create a distribution vertex, you should go with a T03-X15 emulation thread. This is because the X15 has enhanced encryption and uplink speeds.

The problem with T03-X15 emulation is that the entire protocol is closed-source. I wouldn't trust it, even with the 1337 bit encryption.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Telecommunications