Programming 1

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Programming 1

Post by gnrfan47 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:08 pm
([msg=40286]see Programming 1[/msg])

Can someone give me a pointer where to even start with this one. I have only every programmed with Visual Basic. I have like no clue where to even start on this one. :?: :ugeek:
gnrfan47
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Programming 1

Post by msbachman on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:48 pm
([msg=40290]see Re: Programming 1[/msg])

gnrfan47 wrote:Can someone give me a pointer where to even start with this one. I have only every programmed with Visual Basic. I have like no clue where to even start on this one. :?: :ugeek:

take a look at the Programming 1 thread first off. Go to the very end and look what OnlyHuman said. I wish I had done it his way. My way involved reading a target word, sorting it alphabetically, and searching for it's match by sorting each line of the wordlist.txt file. Becaue I wrote it in C, the whole program only took about 0.1 sec. to execute, but still I think his method is more efficient. Whichever way is easier, but eventually learn how to do it his way.

THINK your way through it before you write a line of code. Also, the articles section might help as well.

From the first time I seriously tried that challenge, it took me maybe three months. I'd get frustrated after about an hour's time and forget about it for another couple weeks. Assuming this is your first time, as it sounds, you could expect after about maybe a few days of hard coding to get something that works.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Programming