Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!!

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!!

Post by Prynisher on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:58 pm
([msg=30761]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

I would say good and bad are man made "things" They were never given to us by a god nor any other otherworldly being.
but, contradict you statement "man is good" i would like to state the otherwise.

Everything you do, is in the end for yourself. If you give someone money without asking for it back, itl in the end be payed back to you in some way or another. If you die to save someones life, YOU will be happy for them to live on and remembering you. or you just feel happy for yourself, because you did a good deed.

Therefore all men are egoists. And not "good"
Prynisher
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:28 pm
([msg=39780]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

Heath Winchester wrote:...take homosexuality for example. It's only been recently that homosexuals have started feeling good about themselves because for so many hundreds of years homosexuality was so morally wrong in the eyes of man. It's much more accepted now and I'm sure that the next generation of people will hardly be able to imagine how it was once such a bad thing. This proves that at least some morals are nothing more than brainwashing basically.

I don't want to start an argument over homosexuality, but I want use this example...

It's true, homosexuality has become more accepted recently among many other practices that were once strongly and universally frowned upon. But the question is WHY? Is it because humans have figured out that for the past few thousand years we had our morals wrong and we are just now being enlightened, or is it because we are now brainwashing ourselves into thinking that these things are ok?

What do you think and why?
clrkbar
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:27 pm
([msg=39789]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

The biggest arrogance of most religions is that somehow, believing in an imaginary friend makes it okay for you to tell people how to live. "Being gay is bad!" says the priest. "Yea well fucking little kids isn't exactly on God's Top 10 list either."

And no, I am not comparing being gay with pedophilia. I am pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Vulpine on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:46 pm
([msg=39799]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

clrkbar wrote:I don't want to start an argument over homosexuality, but I want use this example...

It's true, homosexuality has become more accepted recently among many other practices that were once strongly and universally frowned upon. But the question is WHY? Is it because humans have figured out that for the past few thousand years we had our morals wrong and we are just now being enlightened, or is it because we are now brainwashing ourselves into thinking that these things are ok?

What do you think and why?

Marriage between a black man and a white woman was heavily frowned upon at one time. But, as the concept of human rights developed people slowly began to cast off their prejudices. It's cyclical, really. Whenever one group has been elevated to the equal standards of others, under the law, society finds a new scapegoat. Even Christianity was a belief that was punishable by death in it's infancy: Emperor Nero killed them off by the thousands. Have we been brainwashed, all these years, into thinking that it's an acceptable religion to practice?
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by theway4all on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 pm
([msg=39801]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

hello boss i will like to know u better and what i can from u as a tools ?

-- Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:07 am --

so loyal to know what tools u have and the way of apply
theway4all
New User
New User

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:12 pm
([msg=39809]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

Vulpine wrote:Even Christianity was a belief that was punishable by death in it's infancy: Emperor Nero killed them off by the thousands. Have we been brainwashed, all these years, into thinking that it's an acceptable religion to practice?

Hmm... I don't think so. There is still a lot of opposition to Christianity outside of the States. Especially from the Islamic nations. I think it has become more accepted now than in Nero's days because it spread and more and more people joined Christianity. When it started out it was small. Now, statistically, which doesn't really mean much, it is the "most followed" religion. Although a lot of those "Christians" probably aren't really Christians. They just claim to be.
clrkbar
New User
New User

Post by Vulpine on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:21 pm
([msg=39813]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

Precisely. The times have changed. Christianity became an acceptable form of belief, just like Islam. Neither of which do I consider to be a necessarily bad thing: people should be permitted to worship what god(s) they will, as long as they don't directly violate the lives of others. The same holds true for homosexuality. There's no harm in it, so let them live their lives as they see fit, I say.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm
([msg=39832]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

theway4all wrote:hello boss i will like to know u better and what i can from u as a tools ?

double wat
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Monica on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:06 pm
([msg=39867]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

Lolwut.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Goatboy on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:59 pm
([msg=39887]see Re: Ethics ....A world where God does not exist!!!!![/msg])

I think I understand now:

theway4all wrote:hello boss i will like to know u better and what i can from u as a tools ?

This guy really has been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics