God&Einstein: Religion vs Science

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science

Post by donod on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 pm
([msg=31734]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
HAHAHAHA

Atheist schools!

Good one!

well you cant understand if you didnt visit europe and especialy france
donod
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by FreakFish on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:58 pm
([msg=31891]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

donod wrote:
sanddbox wrote:
HAHAHAHA

Atheist schools!

Good one!

this doesnt make sense. but there is no such thing as an "athiest school". some idiot would call it racism or something like that... i think its against the law to exclude any group of people from a school, at least here in england.
FreakFish
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 pm
([msg=31892]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

donod wrote:
sanddbox wrote:
HAHAHAHA

Atheist schools!

Good one!

I have visited France.

At least here in the US, we do not have 'atheist' schools. There are simply not enough atheists and there is not enough money. We have private christian schools, and even Jewish schools. I don't think a majority of people in France are Atheist so I don't see how a school like that could exist.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by donod on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:04 pm
([msg=31917]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

FreakFish wrote:this doesnt make sense. but there is no such thing as an "athiest school". some idiot would call it racism or something like that... i think its against the law to exclude any group of people from a school, at least here in england.

it is called "athenée" in french and it is not "athiest-only" just like the christian schools are not "christian only"
sanddbox wrote:I have visited France.

At least here in the US, we do not have 'atheist' schools. There are simply not enough atheists and there is not enough money. We have private christian schools, and even Jewish schools. I don't think a majority of people in France are Atheist so I don't see how a school like that could exist.

most of the french people are atheist/agnostic and even the word "god" is "tabou" at school :|
donod
New User
New User

Post by Etelerix on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:02 pm
([msg=31976]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

Has anyone heard of Torsion Field Physics? I've heard somewhere that Torsion Field Physics completely blow away mainstream science like Newtonian and Einstein's theories. I was listening to this guy .... Gregg Braden talk about it on Youtube and read some articles on the net and the parts I could understand where incredible. Makes you wonder whether mainstream science is the only one that could be true. Also.... Torsion Based Generators = possible answer to energy crisis...
Etelerix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by FreakFish on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 pm
([msg=32590]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

donod wrote:
FreakFish wrote:this doesnt make sense. but there is no such thing as an "athiest school". some idiot would call it racism or something like that... i think its against the law to exclude any group of people from a school, at least here in england.

it is called "athenée" in french and it is not "athiest-only" just like the christian schools are not "christian only"
sanddbox wrote:I have visited France.

most of the french people are atheist/agnostic and even the word "god" is "tabou" at school :|

[Double-post removed]

the only reason christian schools arent christian only is because the law says so. if it were up to the arseholes in control they would deny people an education if they didnt believe in god.
FreakFish
New User
New User

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 am
([msg=39759]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

passwrdyserv wrote:Since it hard for me to make a comparison I'd like to read different ideas about this.

Personally,for me,both science and religion were created by humankind for solving some problems.
Science makes our live easier,while religion started as a need of somekind of consitution(from my point of view the 10 commitments are like a consitution- set of rulez to be followed,and most of them are common sense).
The history and the concept of past only exists to prove us how wrong both of them can be,and this fact itself reminds us that both were invented by humankind,therefore they both are imperfect.

So this topic is actually like a game.
You must believe in one of those(religion or science) or both of them.
Make a statement and after your statement put the scores.The next person that makes a statement must consider the previous score, posted by a previous person,before posting a new score.
Please do not discuss these ideas in here(actually you can do that but make sure last things in your post are: statement and score).And respect the way other's think,even if you think that they are wrong.

And by the way,you can make more statements.Make i'll get enlighted.
Personally again,i like what Mahatma Gandhi used to say(when he was alive i guess =p):
“God has no religion”
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Ok,so here is my statement:

Both religion and science were invented by humankind therefore both of them must be wrong.
We can't prove most thinks connected to religion,and science was wrong before.

Score: 1-1

I am a Christian, but I hate to use that label because of the quotes above. Anyway, this is a great beginning quote that hits of the topic of science and religion perfectly. Correct: both are man-made. Sort of. Science is basically the study of truth in the natural world around us, and Religion is basically the study of truth in the supernatural world around us. Both, when absent from the God who created truth, are wrong. It's best just to study truth.

That's why I hate religion. It takes all the truth in the world about God and his desire for a relationship with us who he created and it hides it all behind man-made laws and regulations and expectations. Eventually you have faithless people going to church (or wherever the place of worship is for whatever god has been created through religion) who forget about God and just follow a bunch of rules and pretend to be different from everyone else.
clrkbar
New User
New User

Post by donod on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 am
([msg=39762]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:I am a Christian, [...]
That's why I hate religion.

cool
donod
New User
New User

Post by winter-owned on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:18 pm
([msg=59148]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

faazshift wrote:Fine, maybe I did overreact a bit. I do, however, believe 100% that there is a God, so I guess that will just have to bug you. I just haven't found convincing evidence in your posts that there is not a God.

I realize a lot of time has elapsed since you made this post but this is always an interesting discourse. Here's yet another Einstein quote.

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." - Einstein

Obviously, Einstein is a man just as fallible as any other. He's also widely (and in my opinion correctly) considered a very intelligent and wise man. Saying that Einstein believed in God in any traditional sense is simply untrue. I would even go so far as to minimize his belief in a "God Manifested In The Order of the Universe" as an attempt to identify with most of the world, which does believe in God.

Einstein seems to support the concept of God, and especially a personal one, as nothing more than a sense of humility as a human. He declined to completely affirm or deny the nature of things that couldn't be proven.

Choosing to interpret certain Bible prophesies as evidence one way or the other seems to go against the spirit of Einstein's way of thinking.
winter-owned
New User
New User

Post by C4_feathers on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:57 pm
([msg=80483]see Re: God&Einstein: Religion vs Science[/msg])

I liked this conversation ...

I Believe in Religion =) ..

Who can create earth .. ( that can human , animals & plaints live in it ) ? ...

and create another planets ? ..

sure how created all of that .. created in a Specific system And science explain ,

Sure we can't know everything !! this is huge very huge universe !

I want to say something else I believe there is one god , One only god

because if there is two .. the universe can't be organized ...

THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE :D
C4_feathers
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics