Suicide......your thoughts

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Suicide......your thoughts

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu May 27, 2010 1:51 am
([msg=39156]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

eljonto wrote:man I wish religion would be kept out of these forums...

I agree, but then again it is our choice for reading and responding.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by eljonto on Fri May 28, 2010 2:51 am
([msg=39197]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:
eljonto wrote:man I wish religion would be kept out of these forums...
<br>I agree, but then again it is our choice for reading and responding.

True
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by thetan on Fri May 28, 2010 11:52 am
([msg=39206]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Their are no gods just aliens. Adam and Eve are a failed attempt at replicating the stories of ancient societies being created by aliens (Anunaki). Moses was guided through the desert by a "greys" UFO that kept them shaded, parted an ocean and fed them mana. Moses, Jesus and the prophet Mohamed are all selected and manipulated humanoids from the Andromedan council. Reptilians are eating children at a now exponentially growing rate and now run the world governments.

WHO THE FUCK TOOK A SHIT ON MY SUMMARIAN TABLET REPLICA!!!! HOW DARE YOU SHIT ON THE LANGUAGE OF DEM GODS!!

</trollery or WAT!?>

nosrsly though. life is full of lulz and if you don't lulz at all this stupid shit, whats the point?

religious people make me lulz when they get upset because all it does is highlight their insecurity with their "faith".
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat May 29, 2010 2:17 am
([msg=39242]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

thetan wrote:religious people make me lulz when they get upset because all it does is highlight their insecurity with their "faith".

I totally agree with that. Similar things happen with jocks showing off heir masculinity. Insecure about there sexuality.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by icey123456 on Sat May 29, 2010 3:27 am
([msg=39246]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Frankly, as far as suicide goes, I'll probably off myself once I become decrepit and am losing my general functionality. I certainly don't want to be a burden to my children, and I don't want to live 20 miserable years of not being able to do things for myself.
icey123456
New User
New User

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 am
([msg=39755]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Seems to me it's all centered around hope. People commit suicide because they no longer have hope.

Being a Christian, I know human life is invaluable. The God who created me is a source of infinite hope for me.
Yet, even with God, I have had thoughts of suicide before. I sometimes feel like things are hopeless.

Basically, if you're a Christian, your life is no longer your own, and you need to trust God to take your life when it is time. That's not your decision.
If your not a Christian (although I want everyone to be), I see how such hopelessness can sometimes lead to the perfectly logical (in that case) solution of suicide.

Every other presupposition aside, death is not a good thing. Killing oneself or being in such a state that one wants to kill oneself is just as bad or worse.
clrkbar
New User
New User

Post by VACUOUS on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:58 am
([msg=41258]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:Seems to me it's all centered around hope. People commit suicide because they no longer have hope.

Being a Christian, I know human life is invaluable. The God who created me is a source of infinite hope for me.
Yet, even with God, I have had thoughts of suicide before. I sometimes feel like things are hopeless.

Basically, if you're a Christian, your life is no longer your own, and you need to trust God to take your life when it is time. That's not your decision.
If your not a Christian (although I want everyone to be), I see how such hopelessness can sometimes lead to the perfectly logical (in that case) solution of suicide.

Every other presupposition aside, death is not a good thing. Killing oneself or being in such a state that one wants to kill oneself is just as bad or worse.

1. Who are you to say what is right or wrong?

2. What about Christians who kill themselves?
VACUOUS
New User
New User

Post by msbachman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 pm
([msg=41267]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:Being a Christian, I know human life is invaluable. The God who created me is a source of infinite hope for me.

It seems clrkbar's disappeared (which I'll mention again in a second), but I still thought I'd respond to this for other readers of this thread.

I'm addressing this to clrkbar but it's rhetorical: do you know much about the Holocaust, clrkbar? I'd suggest reading up on it, or, for starters, attending the Holocaust museum.

A lot of people focus on the six million Jews killed during the Holocaust, which is atrocious, until you consider that ten times that number died in the fight to stop it. 60 million people died.

The reason why I'm bringing this up is to disparage your claims that because you're a Christian, you can somehow claim to hold a special vantage point on the sanctity of life. This extends up to your god, who sat on his holy ass and watched everything happen, probably got off on the Holocaust for all we know.

So the next time you think you hold some sort of special favor in the eyes of god, imagine that somehow all 280 million American Christians (approx.) are tied up by an army of anti-Christians (whatever those people might be) in front of a massive 280 million man firing squad.

Actually, make that a firing squad that extends around the globe against every Christian in existence.

They start firing down the line. When would your god stop it?

The least you'd have to say is that he'd wait until some 40 million were dead...that's a very rough approximation of the number of Christians killed in WW2, assuming like many you think the number of Christians dead in any tragedy is of particular importance.

Assuming god did stop the genocide, which is doubtful, since he sat on his haunches during WW2, you'd still have to live with the shame of worshipping an impotent shit god who allowed the massacre of millions, who could have stopped it all with the flick of his fingers but chose not to.

And to address VACUOUS, I wouldn't waste your time with this dude. He's the sort of Christian who takes it upon himself to witness to people who care not for his message. That way he can rid himself of an ounce of guilt in his belief that we're going to burn in hell for all eternity.

And if you insist on responding to braindead zombies like this, do it with the mindset that the readers will be the only ones who will benefit from it. I've been arguing with these sorts for years, ever since I was in a circle of other Catholic-priests-to-be. There is a very small chance of people like this actually forming coherent thoughts as they read our responses; the effect is much better on other readers who haven't been indoctrinated into a cult as this one (clrkbar) obvious has been.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by haha01haha01 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:09 am
([msg=41447]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

thetan wrote:religious people make me lulz when they get upset because all it does is highlight their insecurity with their "faith".
Whats even more funny are the religious people who do not even have faith and they are religious just because that's what their parents taught them. About half of my family are these type of people, the other half are anti-religions.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by Koppaberg on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm
([msg=43219]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Honestly, i dont really see how suicide is a good thing. I can understand someone who's brain dead, or in a vegative state, or dying a horrible slow and painful death would opt for suicide. But seriously yeah, my dad commited suicide, and as far as im concerned its a really selfish and utterly pointless thing to do. Boohoo life's shit, as is the rest of the world, people have it worse then you, live with it.
I'm jus a harmless Alley Cat sweetie;)
Koppaberg
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics