Programming 7

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Programming 7

Post by Lynks on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 pm
([msg=26546]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

finally done, had to try a few times as my algorithm wasnt perfect. I had the problem of letters being chopped in half too, and I had no way of knowing which was supposed to be the top string and which was the bottom, as I used the gimp to remove the background before beginning. It is doable, but for me at least it was a little messy.
Lynks
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by kijibwa on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 pm
([msg=32495]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

Jeez, I just cant get this ,trying in Python using lists but i just cant get it right, i'm thinking about learning to use Numpy
for this. :cry:

-----------Edit--27th Jan 2010----------------------
Done using lists, difflib, loads of attempts and a slice of luck. :D
kijibwa
New User
New User

Post by h4ck3rz on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:36 am
([msg=34129]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

acskurucz wrote:You wrote it 5 posts earlier, the method is close, but with filtering. u need to know the password's color(s)

Please help, I need more hints...
In the quotes above it said that I need to know the password's colors, right? Well, I already have those two, what can I do next? I've tried the method to sort it by the sum of B values, but it didn't work. Well, sometime it shows the text beautifully, but sometime it didn't. Also, in most of time it shows the second text beautifully, but the first text is unreadable at all!
And what kind of "filtering" should I do? Once again, gimme more hints, please...

Anyway, I'm trying to solve this mission with PHP...
h4ck3rz
New User
New User

Post by haha01haha01 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 am
([msg=34178]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

I think I over-rated this mission, it wasn't that hard after all. Much easier than most of the other programming missions.
As suggested before, I sorted the lines based on the relation to other lines and than fixed the chopped letters manually in paint. It didn't even require knowing the color of the password.
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by ezah on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:06 pm
([msg=35029]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

I cannot figure this out, i'm using c# and i have it getting an average "value" of each line then sorting it in order, i figured this would work due to the background gradient but not quite, i can clearly see both lines of text and barely make out letters but not enough to pass the mission. Are there any other hints i could get? i don't know much about image manipulation in any language, but i think i got it for the most part, just cant figure out the logic behind it.

Thanks guys(girls)
ezah
New User
New User

Post by motley84 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm
([msg=37863]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

I am a little disappointed i finished this mission while spamming the server for images that my lame algorithm could enhance a bit and make the letters recognizable. Basically, the right algorithm is easy to create yet is an issue of inspiration to make the right sorting (which i missed :() I would love if someone could send me a PM with his line of though. Thanx.
the devil still cheats and wins more souls, and as for the lord... he's just doing his bet..
motley84
New User
New User

Post by h4ck3rz on Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 am
([msg=38520]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

haven't figured this out yet :(
well, I rewrite my algorithm and now it's working with just some letters, but not with others.
I'm still confused on how to sort the lines with the background. maybe it would be better if I analyze the example images?
h4ck3rz
New User
New User

Post by OnlyHuman on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:45 am
([msg=39910]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

I wound up passing this by doing pretty much the same thing as motley84. I've seen examples of perfectly sorted images in another thread, and I too would like to know how that's done. In fact, I'll be working toward making that happen. If anybody would be willing to offer suggestions for improvement to the algorithm I used, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by terranigma on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 pm
([msg=40551]see Re: Programming 7[/msg])

This is definitively an interesting mission.
I tried to purge the .bmp and keep only letters to unscramble it, but it did garbage..
As I read above, better using background to sort the picture, yet something strike me ass as how : how do you know which line to start with?!

Edit : I finally manage to get a legible picture, but like some others with 50% probability of having it in the right order. If someone is willing to PM to tell me is version I'd appreciate.
terranigma
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Programming