Perfection

What is the nature of existence?

Perfection

Post by pkhaseo on Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 am
([msg=3399]see Perfection[/msg])

when i think of perfect i just think about if someone was perfect would they do everything perfectly like eat sleep kill somebody
my mind is weird anyway tell me your opinion of how a perfect person would act and yes i know theres no such thing as perfect
pkhaseo
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Perfection

Post by DoTTiE on Wed May 28, 2008 6:23 am
([msg=3401]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

i think being perfect would be boring. u wouldn't take risks. and most of all... u wouldn't have fun

"Perfection has one grave defect: it is apt to be dull." - William Somerset Maugham

DoTTiE
DoTTiE
DoTTiE
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 4:54 pm
([msg=3560]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

I need confrontation to live. i could not stand perfection. imperfection is what creates true beauty because if all was perfect there would be no contract for anything to create awe
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by TheMindRapist on Thu May 29, 2008 9:07 pm
([msg=3629]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

A perfect person would act...
Perfectly?
Hard to tell since it's impossible.
:/
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:21 pm
([msg=3630]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

who would want it thou?
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by DoTTiE on Fri May 30, 2008 6:43 am
([msg=3716]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

i dont think anyone would really want it.

could u imagine a perfect world? imagine how boring it would be.

DoTTiE
DoTTiE
DoTTiE
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Fri May 30, 2008 9:55 am
([msg=3731]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

i would feel the need to destroy it. i would juss start causin problems
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by shadowboy12 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 am
([msg=3987]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

If one or all of us were perfect it would be boring, there would still be clashing over who's better & whatnot, we would still be competitive, thus solving absolutely solving nothing in society, Perfection is a lie obviously, in my opinion i think the world would beworse with everybody being perfect.

Just my opinions. Lol.
shadowboy12
New User
New User

Post by OneArrow on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 am
([msg=4580]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

The only thing that irritates me more than someone calling my work perfect, is being called perfect myself. I chase perfection, often at the expense of my well-being, but in hopes of understanding it rather than attaining it, and even then I realize that complete understanding of anything is an exercise in futility.

As I see it, the only thing that is "perfect" is Everything. The entire essence of the multiverse, whether you care to define it in a more literal sense, or as something Divine. I still have trouble believing that any one component, no matter how large or small, can exist when completely divorced from the rest. Even nothingness itself would have no meaning without a "something" to compare it to. But, when taken as a whole, it is not only everything and nothing, it also represents an infinite possibility space. And what is perfection, if not the ability to do anything possible and impossible, while doing nothing at all?
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by Brent-tc on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:31 am
([msg=4767]see Re: Perfection[/msg])

It has been stated again, and again, and again that perfection will never be obtained, but I believe this is false.

While 'perfect' is a slight paradox in itself, it really depends on what perfection is understood to mean.

If perfection is defined as "the exact amount needed to reach a goal" then perfection is all around us, "I had the perfect amount of money to buy the house of my dreams.".

If it is understood to mean "flawless" (where flawless means that there is absolutely no error whatsoever), then portions of math are perfect. For example: do you see anything wrong with this equation "5 + 7 = 12"? The answer should be no. You may not like the way that 7 is too jagged, or some other stupid thing to try and prove me wrong, but the simple fact is, 5 + 7 does equal 12.. You could say that "5 + 7 only equals 12 because we have defined that to be true", but then why even bother having this conversation? I could just say that I have defined perfection to mean "McDonald's"... then just about anyone could reach McDonald's... By this new definition, perfect is only about a block away for me. :D

So, argue with me all you want about me changing the definition a bit for perfect, but if you really think that I am not allowed to change the definition of a word such as this, then you are simply admitting that the definition of perfect is perfection in and of itself. Thus, perfection does exist, and can easily be reached, depending on your viewpoint.

Eh. My argument isn't perfect, and someone with average+ intelligence could possibly find an error. However, I do not want one of you idiots to come in here, and try to make a fool of me when you have no ground to stand on, just trying to pick a fight with someone you don't even know. See. That would be the perfect way to make yourself look like a complete idiot.
Brent-tc
New User
New User

Next

Return to General