The concept of god

For discussing religion and related topics.

The concept of god

Post by hacker85 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 am
([msg=36095]see The concept of god[/msg])

My concept of god is that to people that believe in god(im an athiest) they think that god save dthem from a bad time in there lives. But my thinking is that the concept of god is just hope, when your pray you are giving yourself hope because you think god might help you. So in my opinion god is just a thing peolpe made up to give them hope in a bad situation.
hacker85
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The concept of god

Post by ChippZanuff on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:02 am
([msg=36137]see Re: The concept of god[/msg])

hacker85 wrote:My concept of god is that to people that believe in god(im an athiest) they think that god save dthem from a bad time in there lives. But my thinking is that the concept of god is just hope, when your pray you are giving yourself hope because you think god might help you. So in my opinion god is just a thing peolpe made up to give them hope in a bad situation.

I'm a christian (not a very good one) and since God has never "saved me" from a horrible time in my life, religion to me isn't about hope in that sense. In fact, the worse things get in my life, the more I feel an absence of God because it seems like I've always had to take care of everything myself. Counting on God just leaves me empty handed. I don't think to be a christian you have to KNOW that God exists, because the bible talks a lot about faith. Have faith in me and this and that. So you just kind of have to count on it. To me (and this is why I feel I'm a horrible christian) my religion is more like insurance. I don't know if God exists. I don't know if there's life after death either. I do, however, know that I don't want to go to hell. I also like the idea of paradise a lot more than ceasing to exist. So maybe I'm a bit naive, but that's the reason for my faith.
ChippZanuff
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Religion