Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Uptight religious fanatics are failing free-thinking students for questioning their faith. Fulfill every teenage hacker's ultimate fantasy: hack into the school database and change grades! This level has several different layers of security and several different ways of completing it. Enjoy!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Defience on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:15 pm
([msg=34064]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Try putting the name of the new user agent in the top two slots: Description and User Agent, and leave the rest of them blank. If that doesn't work try putting the name in every slot and see if that makes a difference.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by DeadHack on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 pm
([msg=34246]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

See I've done that and it still doesn't work. Just a little while ago it did work for like ten seconds I changed a cookie to a different number and then clicked to alter what I was suppose to alter then it went back to that screen saying I wasnt using holy_teacher even though I was using the same user agent of holy_teacher.
DeadHack
New User
New User

Post by goluhaque on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:54 am
([msg=34790]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

samfox wrote:You will need to find out who will most likely be the admin by looking around. Now you should have an idea which account you will be wanting to login to, go ahead to the login page which you should have already found. This is now your time to play around with the username and password ... you will get it eventually.

Your greeted with 3 buttons and the obvious one you need to click but it says you are not an administrator so you cannot change grades. Think what you could do to give the account administrator privileges...
Now you can change grades you will notice it says you are too late to change grades, so you will have to find bits to work around this.

& Thats it. Done :) Hope ive not given too much away, tryed not to spoil it as much as possible.

[Edited by: Defience]

For anyone who can't complete the mission, this is all u need.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by Gautham R on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:25 pm
([msg=35434]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Guys, i have the agent switcher and i have changed the user agent to holy_father, but still i do not see any change in the web page and i am not able to get that extra info as others mention in their post...can any one solve this issue plz...thanks
Gautham R
New User
New User

Post by wh1t3halcy0n on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:46 pm
([msg=35440]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Gautham R wrote:Guys, i have the agent switcher and i have changed the user agent to holy_father, but still i do not see any change in the web page and i am not able to get that extra info as others mention in their post...can any one solve this issue plz...thanks

You will only see the change AFTER you have logged under the correct account.

-- Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 pm --

Remember to change your user agent back to default or else you'll have some funky browser problems later on such as wanting to add new firefox addons =p
wh1t3halcy0n
New User
New User

Post by Gautham R on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:46 am
([msg=35458]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

wh1t3halcy0n wrote:
Gautham R wrote:Guys, i have the agent switcher and i have changed the user agent to holy_father, but still i do not see any change in the web page and i am not able to get that extra info as others mention in their post...can any one solve this issue plz...thanks

You will only see the change AFTER you have logged under the correct account.

-- Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 pm --

Remember to change your user agent back to default or else you'll have some funky browser problems later on such as wanting to add new firefox addons =p

Thanks...have done it:)
Gautham R
New User
New User

Post by xavier_robin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 am
([msg=40589]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I'm logged in the staff section with admin rights. I can change the grades but when I submit, I get the error
You are only allowed to change grades from the original website.
My referrer looks OK (I mean, it is http://www.hackthissite.org/blahblah…), that is, I'm modifying the page directly (not working on a local copy). Am I missing something? Any (small :D ) hint?
xavier_robin
New User
New User

Post by FunctionCreep on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:14 am
([msg=40591]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

'm logged in the staff section with admin rights. I can change the grades but when I submit, I get the error
My referrer looks OK (I mean, it is http://www.hackthissite.org/blahblah…), that is, I'm modifying the page directly (not working on a local copy). Am I missing something? Any (small ) hint?

What exactly is it that you are doing to get that message? I have some trouble reproducing your error.
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by xavier_robin on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:01 am
([msg=40647]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

In the staff section, I have the student listing with all the courses, grades and comments for our student.

It is written “Sorry, it is too late into the school year to change grades now. The grades will be printed and mailed in just a few days.” at the bottom of the page, but it is easy to restore the buttons anyway. So let's say I have the button for the first line (Bible study, semester 1). Then I change the grade in the box and submit with my newly restored button, but I get this error.
Is it clearer (without revealing too much) ?

-- Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:14 am --

Finally to solve that one, you need a not very realistic situation. The referrer is quite misleading!
xavier_robin
New User
New User

Post by Statixs on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:16 pm
([msg=41504]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Okay after reading this thread a while i finally realized to find the account but only because of the forum and before i continue with the mission i would like a hint how i can find out that that user is the one i need? because i can't figure that out even after looking the entire site? The job description isn't even giving a hint or anything.
Statixs
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 10) Holy Word High School