The New Testament and Contradictions

For discussing religion and related topics.

The New Testament and Contradictions

Post by wh1t3halcy0n on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 pm
([msg=35276]see The New Testament and Contradictions[/msg])

Did anyone else see this forum?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion ... -nt-3.html

It's been around for months, and there has not been a single coherent counter-argument to it (partially because it's so damn long). It's a pretty interesting read whether you are a follower or not (remember not to take offense to things like this)
wh1t3halcy0n
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The New Testament and Contradictions

Post by faazshift on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 pm
([msg=35277]see Re: The New Testament and Contradictions[/msg])

Well, I just took a look at it. What I see is a pile of misunderstandings, baseless claims, and distortions of truth.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wh1t3halcy0n on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:06 pm
([msg=35282]see Re: The New Testament and Contradictions[/msg])

faazshift wrote:Well, I just took a look at it. What I see is a pile of misunderstandings, baseless claims, and distortions of truth.

Yes, that's exactly what the other 900 people said about it. I was kind of looking for a more definitive answer, interpretation, or just a "good read" type comment. =p
wh1t3halcy0n
New User
New User

Post by thetan on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm
([msg=35284]see Re: The New Testament and Contradictions[/msg])

I've given up on caring about organized religion entirely. Seriously i'm completely apathetic towards any one else's beliefs. If some one want's to believe that we're all created by some entity in their own image then fine, i don't care. Also, and largely statistically, i wouldn't care much if the same person drowned themselves in a tub of acid.

People are going to believe whatever they wan't to believe. Whatever their mother and father told them to believe. Whatever their social graph tells them to believe. Whatever the voices in their head tell them to believe. In the end, who cares what other people believe.

It's the people that get all fussy about what others believe that i worry about the most. The people who rage at any one with a belief that they don't agree with. As they are nothing more then spiritually insecure. Once a person finds a level of security within their own spirituality, I've found that they also find a greater peace and acceptance of others choices in the matter.

This brings me back to my usual religion/spiritual comment that they are not synonymous by any definition and aren't dependent on each other. I personally don't believe in any "god" type entity, i don't believe in a heaven or hell but if some one else chooses to then, hey, as long as their happy and content i don't care.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wh1t3halcy0n on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 am
([msg=35338]see Re: The New Testament and Contradictions[/msg])

thetan wrote:I've given up on caring about organized religion entirely. Seriously i'm completely apathetic towards any one else's beliefs. If some one want's to believe that we're all created by some entity in their own image then fine, i don't care. Also, and largely statistically, i wouldn't care much if the same person drowned themselves in a tub of acid.

People are going to believe whatever they wan't to believe. Whatever their mother and father told them to believe. Whatever their social graph tells them to believe. Whatever the voices in their head tell them to believe. In the end, who cares what other people believe.

It's the people that get all fussy about what others believe that i worry about the most. The people who rage at any one with a belief that they don't agree with. As they are nothing more then spiritually insecure. Once a person finds a level of security within their own spirituality, I've found that they also find a greater peace and acceptance of others choices in the matter.

This brings me back to my usual religion/spiritual comment that they are not synonymous by any definition and aren't dependent on each other. I personally don't believe in any "god" type entity, i don't believe in a heaven or hell but if some one else chooses to then, hey, as long as their happy and content i don't care.

Aye, amen to that.
wh1t3halcy0n
New User
New User

Return to Religion