Permanent Programming 11

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Permanent Programming 11

Post by h4ck3rz on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:07 am
([msg=32917]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

There is something wrong in this mission. I used javascript in this and it succeeded to return the characters. The weird thing is when I submit the form after the alert box "Sorry, too late" came up, I get message like this

Sorry :
Your answer is right, but you needed too much time. You had 3 seconds time, and needed 5.1 seconds

But, if I submit it before the alert box came up (it means that I still have time), the message that came up to me is :

Sorry :
Your answer is wrong.

This is weird, because I use exactly the same script for both of them. Why did this happen?
h4ck3rz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:05 pm
([msg=32955]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Sounds like an issue with the 'Shift' key. Test your script with the positive shifts and the minus shifts and see if there is a difference in whether the answers are right or not.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by dopamine10 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:02 pm
([msg=34583]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Drat,

I've done all the coding in firebug to do this via javascript copy and paste, but apparently I'm not quick enough, the closest I got was 3.2 seconds....Tried resetting the timer...

Maybe I should just install apache and php :(
dopamine10
New User
New User

Post by nawledge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 am
([msg=35797]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

OK, so I am just starting to learn programming, and trying these challenges out to help. Igot the string, did the "proper" math on each number, and converted it to a string... What I can't seem to figure out is how to get and post to the same connection, in that order.. Is this even possible. I have seen many examples of how to post data and get the server response, but nothing vice versa. Maybe I'm using the wrong classes, and trying to find an "easy" way out (my code is already beyond 45 lines.) If I open a new connection, after getting the data, will that not generate a new string to compare my string to?

I don't want to post code to avoid any spoilers.. But I'm using java.. Any more details needed, just pm me.

Thanks
nawledge
New User
New User

Post by nermd on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:52 am
([msg=35799]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

What language are you using? I used perl and it was more or less simple. Just always think about what a website like hackthissite.org uses to authenticate a User AND keep track from where he/she is coming.
But to say at least, it has nothing to do with your (re)connection ...
With this world there is no understanding, we belong their only to the extent, as we rebel against it (Theodor W. Adorno) --> if somebody knows a "official" translation for the well known german quote ... pls let me know!
nermd
New User
New User

Post by nawledge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 am
([msg=35801]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Do you mean cookies? I have that part, I mean sending the cookie, needed to to get the generated string. If not you lost me.. I'm using java
nawledge
New User
New User

Post by nermd on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 am
([msg=35802]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

If you loged yourself in by by posting user&password to the /user/login page and were able to fetch the missions/programming/11 after that you have already done everything correct. Just post your solution to the missions/programming/11/index.php in the same way (dont forget anything, use the correct variable ...). It may help you to look at the site that you will get back when you have posted your solution so you can see if it fails because you are not logged in or if it fails because your answer was wrong.
With this world there is no understanding, we belong their only to the extent, as we rebel against it (Theodor W. Adorno) --> if somebody knows a "official" translation for the well known german quote ... pls let me know!
nermd
New User
New User

Post by nawledge on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:51 pm
([msg=35814]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Jeez.. Once I figured out how to send the solution, never thought to use that on the login part.. MOTHERflower!

Thanks!
nawledge
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:21 pm
([msg=35819]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Around 30 lines of Python and used the skeleton of it for prog 12.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by faazshift on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 pm
([msg=35823]see Re: Permanent Programming 11[/msg])

Defience wrote:Around 30 lines of Python and used the skeleton of it for prog 12.

Is that including blank lines and comments?

Unaltered, my original python code took 72 lines. After complete condensation, it became 15 lines.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Programming