Fake Facebook profile

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Re: Fake Facebook profile

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 pm
([msg=33638]see Re: Fake Facebook profile[/msg])

Ever heard of a thing called privacy? Just leave them alone, if they want to be vain or whatever, let them be. I don't see the point in getting involved in such things, you'll just end up making someone feel bad so you can get a little ego boost.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:25 pm
([msg=33649]see Re: Fake Facebook profile[/msg])

Since you're really eager to stalk that person, check out tinyeye reverse image search. It will show you other websites a picture appears.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Shino336 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:19 pm
([msg=34211]see Re: Fake Facebook profile[/msg])

Jack_Payne wrote:Well, I apologize for pissing some people off... Thanks to the people that didn't jump down my throat... What I simply meant was that I would be the person at my school to get the credit. Not as if I wouldn't tell how I found out.

insomaniacal is right. Alot of people get kinda worked up when they've seen the same kind of post before. They just don't remember that they were newbies at one time too... well, most of them used to be one anyway. Your not going to get much credit for "discovering" a fake profile, and it would be really embarrassing if it was real. Just report it. Lastly, people on HTS tend to get kinda pissy whenever the words hack, facebook, or myspace end up in the same sentence. so avoid it if you can, and let the Facebook admins take care of it. :D

Shino336
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by irontoaster on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:42 pm
([msg=44689]see Re: Fake Facebook profile[/msg])

I made a fake facebook profile as a social experiment to see how many friends someone who didn't exist could get. Nigel O'treal (N.O'treal... get it :D) had over 100 last time I checked. I quickly got bored when I realised people didn't care if they actually knew you. He even got a few friend requests.
irontoaster
New User
New User

Post by cruisegirl713 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:09 pm
([msg=50614]see Re: Fake Facebook profile[/msg])

I don't understand. Wouldn't he/she be in the pictures he/she took? How do you people get involved with a "fake facebook profile" anyway?
cruisegirl713
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Social Engineering