Have proof of internet fraud, what now?

What is the nature of existence?

Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?

Post by faazshift on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:38 am
([msg=31906]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:That's child play compared to the OP's monstrosity.

Ok... well how about this?
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by IncandescentLight on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:47 am
([msg=31910]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

If you still have got the messages from the communication you did with this guy, you could probably report him on the trading site you did this transaction through... But from what I've read, you did not go through the legal hoops.

Probably make this a lesson, as if you DID everything legally, you would have every right to report him, and probably get your account back. But however, what you did was illegal, so sadly you lose your account.

There might be a possibility you can win this fight though... Instead of saying you sold your WoW account, say that you sold information... legally. After all, the information you sold about your WoW account belonged to you, and you have the rights over it.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong on this legal point of view.)
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by Defience on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:45 pm
([msg=31948]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

During this time I had been getting his IP address and just finished getting where he lived from it assuming he wasn't using a proxy or anything. Then I told him I knew that information, a yellow books search gave me his phone number as well

Are you trying to say you traced his ip to his home address or just to his ip server?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by childofbodom on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:31 pm
([msg=31991]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

IncandescentLight wrote:If you still have got the messages from the communication you did with this guy, you could probably report him on the trading site you did this transaction through... But from what I've read, you did not go through the legal hoops.

Probably make this a lesson, as if you DID everything legally, you would have every right to report him, and probably get your account back. But however, what you did was illegal, so sadly you lose your account.

There might be a possibility you can win this fight though... Instead of saying you sold your WoW account, say that you sold information... legally. After all, the information you sold about your WoW account belonged to you, and you have the rights over it.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong on this legal point of view.)

Technically, selling your WoW account is not illegal, simply against Blizzard's rules. The ToS states that the account does not belong to the registered user but to Blizzard Entertainment. However I know the authorities can't get my account back I never expected them to. They would be charged for stealing the paypal's using his money, money laundering etc. I already got my account from Blizzard. Like I said they didn't ask questions I just said my account got hacked and they had me give the secret answer to the question and stuff and in a few minutes I was done.

@Defience
What I did was got his IP, traced it to the city with http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ verified it was the same as the address with the paypal associated with his real e-mail (he really shouldn't have given me that one) and then assumed that since the city and state was the same that the address was correct and then got a phone number and told him what I knew, and judging by his reaction, it was correct.
childofbodom
New User
New User

Post by HashHacker on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:30 am
([msg=37394]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

I have a suggestion. Stop playing games. When I think about games, I think :: Things designed to make one happy, or to entertain.
But actually, we as human beings have no right to be happy. We are cruel and heartless, we destroy the Earth, innocent people are killed everyday without provocation. To make it worse, even though people know about global warming, they continue to pollute the air with harmful. The Japanese continue to kill whales even though there have been multiple warnings. Human beings insist on destroying the Earth.
And so, we have no right at all to even think about breathing this planets oxygen, much less actually live on it.
There would be no better time than right now for Osama Bin Laden to come out of hiding and blow us all up, thus ending the Earths torment.

Wow, im such an enviromentalist. And I have no idea how this came out of internet fraud in WoW. wtf?
This should probably be in Ethics or something...
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
HashHacker
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:53 am
([msg=37398]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

HashHacker wrote:I have a suggestion. Stop playing games. When I think about games, I think :: Things designed to make one happy, or to entertain.
But actually, we as human beings have no right to be happy. We are cruel and heartless, we destroy the Earth, innocent people are killed everyday without provocation. To make it worse, even though people know about global warming, they continue to pollute the air with harmful. The Japanese continue to kill whales even though there have been multiple warnings. Human beings insist on destroying the Earth.
And so, we have no right at all to even think about breathing this planets oxygen, much less actually live on it.
There would be no better time than right now for Osama Bin Laden to come out of hiding and blow us all up, thus ending the Earths torment.

Wow, im such an enviromentalist. And I have no idea how this came out of internet fraud in WoW. wtf?

Not only did you uber-necro this topic but you also said we shouldn't play games because of global warming.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by HashHacker on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:59 am
([msg=37401]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
HashHacker wrote:I have a suggestion. Stop playing games. When I think about games, I think :: Things designed to make one happy, or to entertain.

Not only did you uber-necro this topic but you also said we shouldn't play games because of global warming.

Games give us joy, but we have no right to joy because we make the earth unhappy, by polluting it. If you get my meaning.
Sorry, my 1337 speak vocab isnt good... if uber-necro is 1337? What does it mean soz?
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
HashHacker
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:21 am
([msg=37404]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

HashHacker wrote:And so, we have no right at all to even think about breathing this planets oxygen, much less actually live on it.

So go die.

HashHacker wrote:There would be no better time than right now for Osama Bin Laden to come out of hiding and blow us all up

Careful, the DHS gets off on statements like this.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by sanddbox on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:22 am
([msg=37405]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

HashHacker wrote:
sanddbox wrote:

Games give us joy, but we have no right to joy because we make the earth unhappy, by polluting it. If you get my meaning.
Sorry, my 1337 speak vocab isnt good... if uber-necro is 1337? What does it mean soz?

"Uber" isn't leet speak.

First of all, the earth is not a living organism. Regardless of whether or not we are hurting life on Earth, it's ridiculous to say "You have been bad to the Earth! No games for you!"

Also: Necroing is when you reply to a topic that is very old (you bring it back from the dead).

-- Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:23 am --

Goatboy wrote:Careful, the DHS gets off on statements like this.

Someone's been reading Little Brother a liiiiitle too much...

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by IncandescentLight on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:20 am
([msg=37408]see Re: Have proof of internet fraud, what now?[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:
HashHacker wrote:And so, we have no right at all to even think about breathing this planets oxygen, much less actually live on it.
So go die.
Nice one. At the Department of Homeland Security monitoring us, I'm pretty sure of it, as we are the largest hacking community in the world, and I guess they pull off a few birds just to keep tabs on our IRC.
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General