Programming 6

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Programming 6

Post by Defience on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:58 pm
([msg=31580]see Re: Programming 6[/msg])

You have the right idea. Also know that the counting pixels method can be tricky. If the crops are slightly off then you may have pixels creeping in from a neighboring character, or pixels missing from the character and if the spiral isn't dead center then when the image rotates it becomes distorted.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by lordofthelefthand on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:43 pm
([msg=31585]see Re: Programming 6[/msg])

Defience wrote: if the spiral isn't dead center then when the image rotates it becomes distorted.

I think this is what I did wrong.
lordofthelefthand
New User
New User

Post by edilVin on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:14 am
([msg=31612]see Re: Programming 6[/msg])

Brujo lol

I just figured it out, as in past posts the key of solving this is filter as much as you can and YES you need the js. All I have to do is to fix my program a lil bit more to perform operations faster, and take off the GUI I wrote, for those of you who are taking this challenge please don't use a GUI because it takes a few secs to process all changes.

-- Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:32 pm --

I tried this one with java c# and python using OCR but I still have around 10% error, so I decided to analyze the info in the js now I have all the characters correct but now the problem is that I can't tell which one go first. If anyone can give me an idea of how can I know this I would appreciate it. The language I'm using right now is java. I stored all the lines and arcs as objects, each object contains these params.
drawLine(drawData[i++],drawData[i++],drawData[i++],drawData[i++]);
drawArc(drawData[i++],drawData[i++],drawData[i++],drawData[i++],drawData[i++]);

and a list of rectangles that form either the line or arc. Then I wrote a method to identify if any of those objects in the list intersect and put them in a list of letters and at the end it tell which letters form . Now all I have to do is to print them in the write order.

Any ideas

"Seamos realistas y hagamos lo imposible" Ernesto Che Gevara
edilVin
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Programming