Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?

Discussions on past, current and future HTS lectures and related topics here!

Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?

Post by Monica on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:52 am
([msg=24738]see Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Are you interested to become a HackThisSite Staff member? If so, this is your chance to join the staff to serve the HTS community and assist with upcoming HTS projects! This includes lectures, new mission development, live radio and much more! HackThisSite currently have all positions opened! IMPORTANT details below, so please read thoroughly!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Available Positions:

Site Developer: Must have advanced PHP skills and have hacking/security knowledge for web development; required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics. Responsible to code new projects, handling of bug fixes and bug reports.
Mission Developer: Must have advanced interpreted or compiled-language skills and have hacking/security knowledge for mission development; required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics. Responsible to code new projects, handling of bug fixes and bug reports.
Forum Moderator: Must have forum moderation experience; required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics. Manages topics and provides answers to community concerns; responsibility of taking appropriate action (if necessary) when monitoring content.
Site Moderator: Must have moderate programming skills and have hacking/security knowledge for management of site articles, lectures, programs, links, some bug reports, userpics and comments. Has forum access and manages forum topics and provides answers to community concerns; responsibility of taking appropriate action (if necessary) when monitoring content. Required to have a good understanding of a large range of other computer-related topics.
Radio Broadcaster: Must have broadcasting or radio experience. Responsibility of live broadcasting and streaming content. Suggested (but not required) to have a general understanding of other computer-related topics.
Promoter: Manages media content, responsibility of technological news/media and promotion of HTS. Suggested (but not required) to have a general understanding of other computer-related topics.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
For Consideration, You MUST:

• Have experience in the position of which you are applying
• Meet the requirements of the position of which you are applying
• Provide references to websites/communities where you've held a similar role to the position of which you are applying
• Have good character and maturity

Sanddbox's Advice :roll: - "Don't even bother applying if you fit the following criteria:"

• If you only have one post (only time I could imagine there being an exception is if you are applying for a position like a developer and already know the staff extremely well; i.e. Relative or close friend of a staff who is very knowledgeable)
• Know next to nothing about technology
• Write in all CAPS
• Want to be paid (why would we want you anyway? - exceptions are if you provide HAWT sex)
The Agreement:

Becoming a HackThisSite staff member does NOT give you any rights, nor any special treatment, but you are granted some privileges with your position to serve the HTS community. However with access, comes responsibility. You must abide by all normal rules, Code of Conduct and agree to TOS. If you have read and understand the agreement AND requirements of becoming a staff, then you are ready to apply! Please use the application template below and e-mail your application to: apply@hackthissite.org
The Application:

Required Information

• Field Experience: (i.e. Experience in the position of which you are applying)
• References: (i.e. Communities that you've held a similar role to the position of which you are applying)
• Experienced Languages: (i.e. C++, PHP, Perl)
• Hobbies: (i.e. Programming, HTS Challenges, Reading)
• HTS Username(s): (i.e. Monica, Fluffy)
• Original Join Date: (i.e. Mar 17th 2003)
• Contributions to HTS: (i.e. Donations [$5], Articles [3], Lectures [1])
• Free time per day: (i.e. 2 hours)
• Profiles elsewhere: (i.e. http://hackthissite.org/staffonly/monica)
• Why should we consider you to be a staff member?: (i.e. I love HTS is NOT a good answer. Details expected.)

Extra info is requested, but not required:

• Name: (i.e. Monica)
• Your Age: (i.e. 24)

DO NOT POST YOUR APPLICATION HERE! E-MAIL TO: APPLY@HACKTHISSITE.ORG

Application Sent. Now What?

1.) Staff review of application, may perform background check
2.) After review and background check, staff will contact via e-mail for IRC interview
3.) If IRC interview was satisfactory, staff will provide a knowledge test based on position applied
4.) Staff vote and discussion
5.) Once selected, staff will provide a welcome-kit

Please do NOT contact the HTS staff for status of application.

Updated 9/29/10
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?

Post by DizZeaZ on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 pm
([msg=29754]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Monica i want to become a staff member.I know most of HTML and some PHP.I have made one forum but i close it soon ;) .
I will help you with the site and with whatever you want. :D
DizZeaZ
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 pm
([msg=29756]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

If you’re interested in joining HackThisSite Staff, please use the application below and e-mail it to: Monica@HackThisSite.org apply@hackthissite.org. After processing applications, you will be contacted to set up an IRC interview.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by AnShLv on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:01 pm
([msg=30156]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Hello. Is the proposal still available?
I'm interested in developing at HTS.
AnShLv
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm
([msg=30165]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

AnShLv wrote:Hello. Is the proposal still available?
I'm interested in developing at HTS.

AnShLv, if you wish to apply then email Monica at monica@hackthissite.org apply@hackthissite.org.
Please note that to develop for HTS you need advanced PHP skills, a good knowledge of SQL and know how to use the version management system Subversion.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by Monica on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 am
([msg=30170]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

We're always accepting applications, and we review them thoroughly. Any position requires general computer-related knowledge.

thedotmaster wrote:Please note that to develop for HTS you need advanced PHP skills, a good knowledge of SQL and know how to use the version management system Subversion.

:twisted:
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Silent-Shadow on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:23 pm
([msg=30496]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Bump for good times ;) Looking for more devs!
Silent-Shadow
New User
New User

Post by Kage on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 pm
([msg=31397]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Note: We're looking for some specific experience, too.

First of all, I personally need server admins who are HEAVILY experienced in Asterisk/PBX/SIP. Someone who is capable and has done Asterisk module coding would be immediately considered. Provable experience is necessary. I do NOT want someone who is going to be learning as they work with me. I want someone who is far more capable than I am at this, and can prove such.

Next, we could use promoters. People who troll technology and security forums, IRC channels, etc., and can drop our name or cite specific articles on HTS relevant to questions people ask. Whatever you can do to LEGITIMATELY (ie. DO NOT spam) promote HTS would be appreciated.

We'd also like to bring HTS Radio back. If we can get an actual dedicated team of people to do shows, and someone or some people who can let their desktop stream radio stuff when no one is DJing, that would be an added plus. I'd like to get a whole collection of technology/security podcasts, as well as live shows (music is fine, but talk would be better), especially if we can start doing interviews and/or relevant topical discussions.

Finally, graphic designers. We need people who can do digital artwork, and do so very well. Ideally, we like the punkish theme (just look at the main HTS site, and you'll see what I mean), and would like someone who can do this sort of grunge/punk genre. We'd like to add more products to the HTS store, and update whatever imagery around the site that we can. If you feel you can improve something, prove it to us and we may just use your work.
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kage on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 am
([msg=31448]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

Actually, the applications E-Mail is now changed. Please send all future applications to:

apply@hackthissite.org

Please be sure to somehow denote what kind of application you're submitting in the subject, ie. "Developer Application", "PBX/Asterisk Admin", or whatever else so we have a general filtering idea when we receive E-Mails.

(Yes, Monica and SS, you guys are part of the recipients list. Also, Monica/SS, before you ask why, it's so there's a transparency among the employing admins and everyone is aware.)
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Trapmaster on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:00 pm
([msg=32629]see Re: Want To Become A HackThisSite Staff Member?[/msg])

no, I don't want. xD
Trapmaster
New User
New User

Next

Return to Lectures