Animation Programs

Re: Animation Programs

Post by orwell84 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm
([msg=20310]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

I've been learning Maya for the past month or so, and although it was confusing at first (and still is, a bit) it will get much easier and much more powerful as you learn more. The only problem is that Maya is like $6,000...I've been using a trial version, and I'm trying to think of ways to get out of that besides using campustech (a website that resells software for students; they buy in bulk and for education purposes, so Maya ends up being $400)
Mens et manus.
orwell84
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Y2KRaveN on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 pm
([msg=20315]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

There's always a way to get free software when you need it.
Anyways, I've only used Maya once, didn't like it though. I preferred 3DS Max better, but I had problems using it because this laptop doesn't have a powerful graphics card, therefore the application was startlingly lacking. Thanks to a few tuts on youtube, I was able to make 3D water in just a few minutes with it, yes, it was beautiful.
Vi veri universum vivus vici
Y2KRaveN
New User
New User

Location: On Your Computer, In Your Mind, At Your House Eating Your Dinner

Post by Ajax478 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:00 pm
([msg=21917]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

Flash CS4 is amazing especially with the new Inverse Kinetics(Bone) Tool. Though I think it can use a few bits of fixing its just an amazing add. The new Tweening systems can be great if you know how to use it and the 3d in my opinion is going to cut down manual drawing for now on and bring alot of better animations into play that are much more smooth and beautifully rendered.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world:

People who understand binary
People who don't
Ajax478
New User
New User

Post by flava on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 am
([msg=27035]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

This thread needs to get going again! I use Lightwave 3D
Viking at heart.
flava
New User
New User

Post by cvere08 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:46 am
([msg=28641]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

personally i have tried them all but i prefer the higher end stuff like maya and 3ds. one i didnt see get mentioned was cinema 4d which is really cool in my opinion.
cvere08
New User
New User

Post by n0l1m17z on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:22 am
([msg=29742]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

I've been through both Maya and 3D's max, and i belive they both got pwned a long time ago by Blender 3D. While there may be some truth to learning Max may easier get you into a company, the reason for this is not the capabilities of the program. It's the current industry-standart, but you need to look at the history to understand that. When the game-companies launched Max was the cheapest program that were capable of most things. Today it isn't, especially it's animation-department is horrible. Blender does have a slightly more advanced UI, but as soon as one learns it it's extremely advantagous, dynamic, and easy. Also, the fact that blender is opensource allows for easier gathering of free resources and tutorials, and in general a much nicer comunity. the reason the industry doesn't change program without hesitation is as far as i know due to the major expenses of remaking all their plug-ins, and the lack of education in alternative programs.
n0l1m17z
New User
New User

Post by HTxo2 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm
([msg=37464]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

Animations are a wonderful thing that I hope I can follow within my career in the future, I have tried programs that help create animations for example : GoogleSketchUp <--- It's actually fun to use , I know there's more programs that make animations but for a basic start off, I think googlesketchup is a wonderful program and hope people can use it , :]
HTxo2
New User
New User

Post by LessThanLucky on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 pm
([msg=56656]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

Personally, I use Flash, but I know how to use Cinema 4D for 3-D animation. I just prefer 2d. Reminds me of my childhood.
LessThanLucky
New User
New User

Post by panzerbattalion on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:21 am
([msg=68718]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

i find that wax 2.0 is very good for 3d animation as long as all you want to do is move and rotate both 3ds models and the camera in 3d space. it also supports green screen effects, compositing,text and other effects.
panzerbattalion
New User
New User

Post by ghostfart on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:27 pm
([msg=79531]see Re: Animation Programs[/msg])

Lightwave 11.5 for modeling. Maya for animating.

Lightwave is catching up with their new rigging tools, but Maya has a seemingly smoother workflow. Both are incredibly deep programs and it would take a great deal of time to fully learn both extensively.
ghostfart
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Modeling and Animation