Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by cthulhu666 on Tue May 20, 2008 2:44 pm
([msg=2909]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

PC_MAGAS wrote:
jschmidt wrote:I believe in God. I believe in Heaven and Hell. Given those assumptions let's be logical about this. Either there is a God and a Heaven and a Hell or there's not. If there is no Heaven and no Hell and no life after death then when I die I will have gone through life enjoying my time here doing relatively good things. If there is Heaven and a Hell then when I die I and everyone else who believes in Jesus Christ as their Savior, will go to Heaven. And everyone who does not believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior will go to Hell (I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just trying to think this through logically). That being said I (we) have a few options.

1) Believe in God and Jesus Christ and die if we're wrong end of story.
2) Believe in God and Jesus Christ and raise to eternal life in Heaven if we're right.
3) Don't believe in God and Jesus Christ and die end of story.
4) Don't believe in God and Jesus Christ and die and spend eternal life in Hell.

I like my odds.

-- Mathematics is the language by which God created the Universe.


Hey Heaven is a way of life close to the god and hell is the life without god.


I've lived the past 10 years of my life "without god" and I wouldn't consider my life "hell" at all.
cthulhu666
New User
New User
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by blackprince491 on Tue May 20, 2008 5:31 pm
([msg=2917]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

I feel like iv had a better life without god. I live it knowing its all i have so make it good. i don't wait for an eternal reward that may or may not be there in the end. also with the wager there is a 5th option and thats you believe in Jesus and god... but oh wait it was the wrong god... you lose. also i think if there was a god he would have more respect for me living my life as i saw fit and not living a half life hindered by worship and prayer. I am a good person i help people i volunteer i make good choices all all with out the help of a god or higher power in any way
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by lambda0 on Wed May 21, 2008 5:39 pm
([msg=2963]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

Do I believe in God? Yes and No. Do I believe that if I pray to said God my wishes will be granted? No, not even a little. Do I believe that there is some greater power (not necessarily a being or anything like that) that set reality into motion thereby paving the road to the future? Yes, completely.
User avatar
lambda0
New User
New User
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by jschmidt on Thu May 22, 2008 10:49 pm
([msg=3061]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

TheMindRapist wrote:And here is how I think of your argument, Pascal's wager, you didn't come up with it...
3) Don't believe in God and Jesus Christ and die end of story.
No, not end of story.
You spent your entire life believing something that wasn't true. And it probably affected how you acted quite a lot, probably kept you from doing things you wanted to do. ...

Imagine this:
You have 100 dollars.
A guy tells you to give him 100 dollars, he will pay you back as much as you want tomorrow, if you don't give it to him he will beat you up tomorrow.
Are you going to believe him and give him all the money you have?
Or are you going to think he is lying and assume he won't really be there to beat you up?
Hopefully I expressed my ideas fairly well, I wrote this very fast, I'll look it over later and make changes if needed.


I wasn't aware what I had posted was called Pascal's wager. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. But, I believe that living a life believing in God and worshiping him is not loss at all. But rather, I see it as gain. Because I believe in God I have hope. Hope that there is something out there that is better than all the bad news we hear about everyday. Hope that there is good in this world. Because I believe in God, I work harder, I keep my body healither, and I do good things. That's not to say that people who do not believe in God don't work hard, are unhealthy, or don't do good things because there are plenty of people in the world who do not believe in God and do all of those things. But, believing in God motivates me to do those things. Yes, I do act quite a bit differently because I believe in God but I do not count that as loss. Because I believe in God I've never done drugs or cheated on my wife. Now, I know this is not a very strong argument for why or why not to believe in God. I guess what I'm trying to say is that by believing in God I don't think I'm loosing out on anything. But by believing in Him I have peace, hope, and love. (I just realized I sound a lot like a hippie LOL trust me I'm not.)

In response to everyone who says this conversation is going to go nowhere you're probably right. If by some means I or anyone else can come up with an argument convincing enough to make anyone believe in God, there is someone out there with an argument that is just as strong to the contrary. But like someone else posted it is foolish not to listen to both sides. Discussions like this test what we believe and what we stand for. I believe in God and I will stand by that but this discussion will test my beliefs and make me think about why I believe what I believe.
jschmidt
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by ak41123 on Fri May 23, 2008 6:57 pm
([msg=3110]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

In my opinion, i believe that religion is the bane of this world.
It has tore it apart and will continue to do so until the end of the world.
ak41123
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 6:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by patchthesock on Sun May 25, 2008 5:40 pm
([msg=3215]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

I don't believe in god. I feel its a cop out for people to explain things they don't understand and also to use as a mental comfort when bad things happen.
--------------------------------------------
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
--------------------------------------------
Running Ubuntu and BT
patchthesock
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 12:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by R0y4L91 on Tue May 27, 2008 6:54 am
([msg=3313]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

Erm...personally i don't believe in God. Its just something that is impossible to believe ( to me ). Even if the God exists i don't get the idea, why do people become Christians or catholics. If its one god believe in one thing. Maybe i am wrong (please do correct me). I wouldn't waste my time going to church sit there for hours and pray for something i have never seen. and i don't get why people believe in it? No one has seen it. And just cos one stone age man or women saw and THOUGHT its god, doesn't mean its God (if you know what i mean). Everyone could do that come and say from nowhere and say "Oh i have seen a better, new god" but no one will start to believe in it... ( i bet you didn't get what I wanted to say) lol
R0y4L91
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 6:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by DannyChaos on Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 am
([msg=3326]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

Everyone, go to youtube, search for the movie "ZietGiest" and watch the Religion part. That should answer a few questions.
DannyChaos
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by pkhaseo on Wed May 28, 2008 4:48 am
([msg=3397]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

im a full atheist theres no way theres a god there might be some other being more intelligent than us that i can believe but the
way Christians, catholics, wittiness, ect force there religion on people ticks me off also religion is the most ironic thing in the world countless lives have been lost over religious wars in the name of peace thats just weird. Adding to that how can people believe in something that was started by some person long ago that didn't even know that the earth is round
pkhaseo
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

Post by PC_MAGAS on Wed May 28, 2008 1:50 pm
([msg=3425]see Re: Do you guys/girls beleve in god?[/msg])

cthulhu666 wrote:
PC_MAGAS wrote:
jschmidt wrote:I believe in God. I believe in Heaven and Hell. Given those assumptions let's be logical about this. Either there is a God and a Heaven and a Hell or there's not. If there is no Heaven and no Hell and no life after death then when I die I will have gone through life enjoying my time here doing relatively good things. If there is Heaven and a Hell then when I die I and everyone else who believes in Jesus Christ as their Savior, will go to Heaven. And everyone who does not believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior will go to Hell (I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just trying to think this through logically). That being said I (we) have a few options.

1) Believe in God and Jesus Christ and die if we're wrong end of story.
2) Believe in God and Jesus Christ and raise to eternal life in Heaven if we're right.
3) Don't believe in God and Jesus Christ and die end of story.
4) Don't believe in God and Jesus Christ and die and spend eternal life in Hell.

I like my odds.

-- Mathematics is the language by which God created the Universe.


Hey Heaven is a way of life close to the god and hell is the life without god.


I've lived the past 10 years of my life "without god" and I wouldn't consider my life "hell" at all.

Imagine that u r In sunny winter day outside some are enjoying the sun and others r sitting down in a tree the people who enjoy the sun are the people close to good and the others who are not. So choose u want to live in the sun and enjoy the light and the heat or the shadow and far from it.(Fo further advise ask for help in a orthodox priest)
PC_MAGAS IS O VASILEUS OF COMPUTERS
BUT FOR WOMEN I'M THE FAIRYTALE'S PRINCE
User avatar
PC_MAGAS
New User
New User
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Greece Aharnes Attiki
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron