Stego 9

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 9

Post by Defience on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:38 pm
([msg=28606]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

djtecha wrote:That doesn't really help other then saying the code is then once again manipulated. But most of these passwords are under 10 digits and this one is appearing to be around 25. Any more help on how I can translate * would really help.

[Edited by Defience]

:roll: Again.....think about basic 6. Look through the forums for basic 6 and see what people suggest to others to use to help them complete it, then take the numbers that you have and convert them. You will end up with a password less than 25.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by FutureHypoon on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 pm
([msg=28607]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Ok, I'm running around in circles. Please tell me if any of these are anywhere near on the right track:

Would this involve using fuzzy matches at all? (ex. 0=1=2 and 254=255)
Can this mission be done without a sound card?
Does this mission have anything in common with Programming 2?
I came up with a list of 280 numbers, is that totally out in left field?

If the answer to the third question is 'yes', then I think my biggest issue is trying to tell between the d*ts and d***es, and how long is considered a pause.

If any of that is spoiling, feel free to edit.
FutureHypoon
New User
New User

Post by djtecha on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:15 pm
([msg=28786]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Haha wow, I don't know if it was the persistence with the hint or just fresh eyes but thanks. And boy this requires some serious conversion and a lot of trial and error.
djtecha
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm
([msg=28788]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

FutureHypoon wrote:Ok, I'm running around in circles. Please tell me if any of these are anywhere near on the right track:

Would this involve using fuzzy matches at all? (ex. 0=1=2 and 254=255)
Can this mission be done without a sound card?
Does this mission have anything in common with Programming 2?
I came up with a list of 280 numbers, is that totally out in left field?

If the answer to the third question is 'yes', then I think my biggest issue is trying to tell between the d*ts and d***es, and how long is considered a pause.

If any of that is spoiling, feel free to edit.

280 numbers :o ? Left field.....and it can be done without a sound card.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by OnlyHuman on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 am
([msg=29781]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

I have to admit, that I'm really not entirely sure what I'm looking at here. I've been over this file numerous times, and I'm quite positive that I'm looking at the correct information. It was pretty easy to spot once I had my focus right. The problem is, that I'm completely lost on how to interpret it. I've looked at it in a binary sense. I've attempted to look at it in a sense of older communications codes. I've even thrown logic completely out the window and viewed the information in an artistic sense. And, I'm still drawing a blank. So, I've done some research into the phenomenon that occurred in order to get the information into the file in the first place, and now I just have one question: Exactly how sophisticated are the mathematics required in order to solve this mission? I ask, simply so I know where to begin. If the use of FFT's and DSP analysis isn't necessary, I'll continue to plug away at it, and be confident that I can stumble across the solution. However, if that IS required, then I'm only wasting time on solutions that don't even come close to the answer. So, just so I know where to start digging, which path should I pursue?
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by Defience on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:44 pm
([msg=29792]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

I've attempted to look at it in a sense of older communications codes.
;)
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by OnlyHuman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 am
([msg=29802]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Thank you Defience.

I won't be forgetting the solution to this mission any time soon. It turns out, that my focus wasn't 100% correct the first time. I guess you could call it a case of double vision. But, once I found the right combination of ingredients, it was all too clear.

:D
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Post by arash16 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 am
([msg=31114]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

should i edit this with hex editor?? at the end of file there's something which dont looks like music staff... is this stego about morse codes?? i tried to interpret them with morse but there's nothing meaningful... is password some meaningfull word?? or its just random chars???
arash16
New User
New User

Post by CarthageForever on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:25 pm
([msg=33493]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

Ok guys i'm stuck here. Everything else i've tried has failed. I've done what everyone else has suggested and ended up with 25 characters. But above it is stated that the pwd is less then 25 characters. So I really have no clue how to convert this string to get the answer.

Can anyone give me some tips in the right direction?
Basic: COMPLETED
Realistic: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [12]
Application: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Javascript: COMPLETED
Extbasic: [1] [2] [3] [4] [6] [14]
Stego: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [12] [14]
CarthageForever
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 pm
([msg=33537]see Re: Stego 9[/msg])

CarthageForever wrote:Ok guys i'm stuck here. Everything else i've tried has failed. I've done what everyone else has suggested and ended up with 25 characters. But above it is stated that the pwd is less then 25 characters. So I really have no clue how to convert this string to get the answer.

Can anyone give me some tips in the right direction?

Yes.....try decoding what you've got, it's a another level/layer.
Defience
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography