God and Reality

For discussing religion and related topics.

God and Reality

Post by pahifico on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 am
([msg=28449]see God and Reality[/msg])

I assumed this would go under religion, couldnt post there though.

I've gone through my entire life being completely non-spiritual. I went my first 15 years of life thinking all who believed in any form of deity or creationist theory were completely ignorant and uneducated. In the past year or two, I've gone far away from that, largely due to massive intake of psychedelics and what some would call pseudo-spiritual experiences (what I would call real interaction with the spiritual realm). My belief now is there is a God, a loving father figure, who answers prayers, who loves you and can have a personal relationship with yuo. Because we are seperated from him on this world, it is difficult to make that tangable. I think certain substances (i.e. MDMA, mescaline, LSD) dissolve that seperation and help you get closer to God than normally possible. I think God is tied down, and is viewed as this good-evil guy that judges you and casts you out unless you live by this horribly strict set of standards, because of modern-day religions. He is nothing like that. He loves unconditionally. All he wants is to be able to convict you of things, and to have a relationship with you; romance you, if you will.

I believe all religions are the same. I believe God relieved himself to every different religion in a different form, Jesus to Christians, Mohammad to Islam, etc. All prophets and Messiahs are a form of God meant to guide that specific culture. Each and every religion (the real ones, not scientology and other evil cults) has one of these, that teach very similar base foundation and morals. I think each one of these took it horribly wrong and corrupted it to the point of thinking every other religion is wrong and sinners. I think they are all right. In almost every one of these religions in their holy books it says something about in "end times", there will be one world religion. They all take that as something bad, when some cult comes up and corrupt all of society, or something as ridiculous as that. I think that will be when God reveals to them all that they are all the same.

Thoughts?
pahifico
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: God and Reality

Post by Spectre557 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 pm
([msg=28460]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

That sounds really nice, but why believe in a god at all?

It seems reasonable that your reaction to such as psychedelic experience is to conclude that there's a "spiritual" side of life. However, it's one hell of a leap to go from feeling enlightened and happy and loved, to someone who believes in a god: A literal man-like being, who has superpowers and controls the universe, but is also completely undetectable.

I can understand your sense of spirituality, but how that relates whatsoever to a religious deity makes no sense to me.
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by Dredric1 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:22 pm
([msg=28565]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

I believe all religions are the same. I believe God relieved himself to every different religion in a different form, Jesus to Christians, Mohammad to Islam, etc. All prophets and Messiahs are a form of God meant to guide that specific culture.

their are false prophets and false messiahs
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
Dredric1
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm
([msg=28569]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

I'm pretty sure this guy is joking.

Regardless, everyone knows pot and LSD breach the rift between our realm and the spirits. duh!

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:33 am
([msg=28581]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

All drugs do is mess around with the inhibitors in our brains. There's nothing spiritual about it at all.
I don't understand why some people believe in science all the way until it hits drugs, and then they're suddenly some religious nut talking about "the light, man".
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by Possumdude0 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm
([msg=28609]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

Not to mention that many of the religions are mutually exclusive. Which puts an end to his idea that all religions are the same, just designed for different cultures.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by r-ID on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:16 pm
([msg=28627]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

Thoughts? I know someone, and that someone were using *shit* too. *Shit* helped him to reach nirvana, to invent perpetual motion and to disclose many secrets of the universe. It helped him to be happy. Stop believing in poisoned minds.

P.S. :?:
r-ID
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:22 pm
([msg=28628]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:All drugs do is mess around with the inhibitors in our brains. There's nothing spiritual about it at all.
I don't understand why some people believe in science all the way until it hits drugs, and then they're suddenly some religious nut talking about "the light, man".

Duh. Because they're ON drugs. That's why they're retarded when it comes to drugs.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thedotmaster on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:00 pm
([msg=28633]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Duh. Because they're ON drugs. That's why they're retarded when it comes to drugs.

Heh, nice point :P
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by Possumdude0 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:53 pm
([msg=28833]see Re: God and Reality[/msg])

All drugs do is mess around with the inhibitors in our brains. There's nothing spiritual about it at all.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust any profound spiritual experience I had while my mind was altered by any kind of substance or blow to the head.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Religion