Stego 10

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 10

Post by Defience on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:37 pm
([msg=27846]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

mgersten wrote:I am still stuck. I tried eliminating all the letters but A and B, and what I get is gibberish. I inverted, and tried both ciphers. The only other thing I could do involves binary values to each vowel and consonant, but I do not want to waste my time unless I am on the right track. Could someone point me in the right direction? I have read the previous posts so many times and feel like poking my eyes out, as I have been trying a little bit for several weeks.

You do not want to eliminate any letters or pull just certain letters from the cipher. You have to find something hidden in the cipher to focus on and once you find that (its slight so look closely) you can substitute certain letters and get a pattern out of it to decipher. I'm sure this sounds vague but its hard to not give too much away.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by edilVin on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:44 pm
([msg=27946]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Is this cipher like basketball? with teams of 5 people and each team have a certain name and the team mates are selected from all the members in the image. Am I in the right direction?

Now, what I have is something like "***********" and swapping B's and A's doesn't make it any better. any suggestions about it? typeface clear and I double checked it no doubt I have both sides right however there are 103 chars where it should be 105 is there something I'm missing?

[Edited by Defience]

"Seamos realistas y hagamos lo imposible" Ernesto Che Gevara
edilVin
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:14 am
([msg=27962]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Im going to end up doing this by hand...

Anyway, with the basketball team thing you are on about sounds right, no real other way to do it.
And if you read the first page of this thread other people are out by a few chars.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Defience on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:44 pm
([msg=27977]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

edilVin wrote:Is this cipher like basketball? with teams of 5 people and each team have a certain name and the team mates are selected from all the members in the image. Am I in the right direction?

Now, what I have is something like "***********" and swapping B's and A's doesn't make it any better. any suggestions about it? typeface clear and I double checked it no doubt I have both sides right however there are 103 chars where it should be 105 is there something I'm missing?

[Edited by Defience]

Please do not post letters of which you may already have. You are on the right track but it looks like you need to double check some of your substitutions. Also, if you need 2 more chars why not use 2 more letters in the text?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by ANONRA on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 am
([msg=28316]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Hi, I know what the mission is all about and how to decode only problem is, there are two types and although I have tried both I am still getting nowhere. (B*****an) Was wondering if I should be puting in the deciphered or the encoded? When I post my solution into the answer? Tried both and still I get nothing. Hope this is not a spoiler as been as abstract as I can so you know what I am on about?? Hope you can push me in the right direction? Thanks.
ANONRA
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 pm
([msg=28392]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

ANONRA wrote:Hi, I know what the mission is all about and how to decode only problem is, there are two types and although I have tried both I am still getting nowhere. (B*****an) Was wondering if I should be puting in the deciphered or the encoded? When I post my solution into the answer? Tried both and still I get nothing. Hope this is not a spoiler as been as abstract as I can so you know what I am on about?? Hope you can push me in the right direction? Thanks.

You are going about this the wrong way. You have to manually decrypt this and when you do, it will become clear.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by edilVin on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 am
([msg=28434]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Sorry Defience about the spoiler, finally solved it. This ones was really easy, however the image gave me a lot of problems because I was interpreting some things wrong. The only thing I would say is that for solving this mission just have take a look VERY close to all of details in the image, because some of them can trick you and force the cipher to give a wrong password.

"Seamos realistas y hagamos lo imposible" Ernesto Che Gevara
edilVin
New User
New User

Post by ANONRA on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 pm
([msg=28452]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Hi, Having a problem with this stego 10. Trying to say this without giving out a spoiler.... I converted to text file, then got the A's and B's then onto something within like J's and V's am I on the right track or missing something else?? Hope this is not a spoiler? (Don't think so!)
ANONRA
New User
New User

Post by BhaaL on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm
([msg=28454]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

You should be on the right track, and you even know that theres two of them, not just one.
Dont let the result throw you off.
BhaaL
Poster
Poster

Post by FutureHypoon on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:59 am
([msg=28611]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

The result definitely threw me off. I spent another two hours before I said, 'let me just try it'. This was definitely a good one. One obvious thing to note that might help some people: The commas aren't letters.

On an entirely unrelated note, any reason why the spelling error was left in?
FutureHypoon
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography