logical mission removed

Random things go here

logical mission removed

Post by grabhack on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:53 am
([msg=27755]see logical mission removed[/msg])

this site is actually proceeding to dead end.
the reason they have given for removing logical mission is
1)all the solution of these logical missions are available on google
my point: the google also provide solution to all the Basic missions, Javascript mission,realistic mission and so on...
so why only they remove Logical missions

2)these Logical mission doesn't have any resemblance with hacking
my point:well many of good hacking sites provide logical missions,they shows your logical and analytical capabilities,
also they are some mean of enjoyment and time pass.

3)even they are removed the points given to the previous users are still sustained because they have worked on that
my point:well if logical mission are removed ,the points should be, if not then display two types of points, with and without logical mission points..

my point:the most important motivating factor for any user to continue in this type of site is points or rank or respect.Well if you create such large margin b/w user by including the points for 28 levels of logical mission for previous user who were able to attempt them, then what about the new user......

my point:you will say that points are not so important
and i will say think about the new user and motivating factor

you could discuss on my view-point
grabhack
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: logical mission removed

Post by code2004 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:26 am
([msg=27757]see Re: logical mission removed[/msg])

I actually respect your thoughts and feelings on this. I would like to have tried the logic missions. They are definitely partial to hacking... I mean, programming is based in logic. And yeah, some answers can be found on YouTube or other sites... But let's face it, the end result ultimately ends up with us learning more, even if it is a bit cheating... (Personally, I would prefer to go through the mission without cheats, and maybe a few hints).

Lastly, yes, the urge to get more points is good encouragement to continue trying to complete the missions.

It would be nice if these missions were brought back ;) But ultimately, of course, this is up to the HTS staff; and if they believe it best to get rid of them, it must be.

Code2004 // Connor
.............................H..o.....i..l.....C..u..o..r..e.....S..p..e..z..z..a..t..o.............................
code2004
New User
New User

Post by Nines on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:11 pm
([msg=27763]see Re: logical mission removed[/msg])

all the solution of these logical missions are available on google

That's not why they needed to go.
well many of good hacking sites provide logical missions

No they don't.
Well if you create such large margin b/w user by including the points for 28 levels of logical mission for previous user who were able to attempt them, then what about the new user......

Their points should also have been removed.

Anyway, Without further ado ... Here are the missions (all but two are possible without them being live) ... You can think on them all you like without them clouding the rest of the missions. Keep the answers to yourself or at least out of this thread. Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all
Find a 10-digit number, where the first digit defines the count of zeros in this number, the second digit the count of number 1 in this 10-digit number, and so on. At the end the tenth digit expresses the count of the number 9 in this 10-digit number.

A male 48 year old with slight memory problems has to log into AOL. His username is OneOldMan with a real name of "G Arb Age". Guess the password based on a what you know.

Convert binary to ascii:  2011010013001000003011101113011010013011011102

Christmas = Halloween (Hint: There are NO spaces in the answer!) It's an equation.

5. (Not possible unless live)
There are two halves to this mission!  Try the first one first.

If Larry Owns Videos, Every Hacker Then Smokes?

If a 100 page book skips pages 7, 21, 33, 56, and 91, how many pages are there now?

Two bicyclists are going at each other.  They are 50 miles apart going 25 mph.  There exists a fly going at 3.2 kmh between them.  After an hour when the bikes crash how far in kilometers has the fly flown? Remember that distance = speed * time!

_____
|    |
| in |
|____|

What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 numbers, just 2 numbers, no other mathematical symbols? Then actually give the full number (not the two numbers used).

How many letters are there in the Latin alphabet?

Sometimes when you are coding a web based program you make a mistake with URL's.
Correct this link <a href="http://yahoo.com/search?q=hobble%20sticks">I am a link.</a>

Real Bug or not?
FILE NOT FOUND (13.php): using default password!

CLICK = 100501100K
MILK  = 1000150K
LOG   = 50OG
LIFE  = 501FE
ALIVE = A5015E
FOX   = ???????

People often stare at art for long periods of time to see what kind of feelings they can extract from it. What can you extract from the HTS logo?

It is important to know how to Google for things. This one is not as much logic as it is research. What was Java called before it was Java?

A 38 year old woman in Canada is signing up for HSBC. You met her on a peanut butter forum and found out that she is very rich with a total of $13 to her name. She is fairly good with computers. What is her password?

18. (Not possible unless live)
Didn't I say that "password" is the second most common password? Anyways. Can you get this page's source?

What will help you here but won't help anywhere else (or on the weekends).

Ask noo.

You have come so far so I have decided to give you a free one. The answer is right in front of you.

I'm free as in trilby. I've been a Picasso and an Apollo. Samuel L Jackson couldn't look good in me, even with a tux.

I call, but I never talk. I knock, but I never enter. I feel a bit insecure.

I am comprised of only two words. My name is 01010101 plus resounding blow

g(n)+b(g), d(m)+b(y)+b, j(j)+a, e(kb), g(o)+f, f(s)-b(c), g(q)-d

Find the next number in the pattern:
1 2 3 3 9 40.5 546.75 99645.1875 _____
Nines
Poster
Poster

Post by code2004 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm
([msg=27766]see Re: logical mission removed[/msg])

:O! Thanks very much :D I'll get them pasted down to a text file ASAP and get crackin' :D. Thanks for your help d00d :)

Code2004 // Connor
.............................H..o.....i..l.....C..u..o..r..e.....S..p..e..z..z..a..t..o.............................
code2004
New User
New User

Post by grabhack on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:58 am
([msg=27775]see Re: logical mission removed[/msg])

Well this is good atleast for mine.. :lol:

Thanks @Nines
grabhack
New User
New User

Return to Off-Topic