I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?

Post by tkodark on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:05 pm
([msg=27647]see I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

Dell Inspiron 1545 Windows XP I think its SP3 On startup i get loading pbr for desctiptor 2...done. that is it i cannot get on. I have searched google. I have it narrowed down to. when my girlfriend dropped my laptop (i about killed her lol) she broke the USB plug in the laptop (its all out of wack) and that is causing the problem or the harddrive is gone :( Ive done repair with my windows disk, "chkdsk" freezes stays at 0% and "fixboot" says created succesfully but still says same thing at start up. my last resort was to reset the harddrive to facory defaults but ctrl+F11 has no effect :/ so im not sure maybe there is a diff way. I cant find it. "del boot.ini says no file found. pbr 2 has to do with my 2nd partition right? i can't think of anymore info at this moment but any questions please ask away and any answers are as always very much appreciated. thanks a ton
tkodark
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?

Post by godofcereal on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:51 am
([msg=27659]see Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

Get a new computer, a desktop is a little tougher to break from just one drop :)
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by tkodark on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:33 am
([msg=27660]see Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

lol if i had the money i would just get a new laptop :P but since im strapped at the moment i'm just wondering if there is something else i could try, is there a way in DOS to format my drive and/or remove the partitions? Again this would be my last resort since i have so many programs and i dont even know where i got half of them. (well probably half came from this site :P) I did actually build a new desktop within the past year. (which is also failing to start up) I think the MB is out of it :( Right now im on a POS that can barely run windows 98. Thanks godofcereal for the reply though :P
tkodark
New User
New User

Post by myhexhax on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:15 am
([msg=27661]see Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

Pull the hard drive and see if you can start skinning data off of it. The partitions may be screwed up, but you can probably recover a lot of the files, that is, if the HDD isn't clicking (you haven't reported that it is, and it's detected by the BIOS, so..) It probably uses mini ide; there are adapters that you can use to plug it into a desktop. (or maybe use Hiren's boot cd in the laptop)

Your partition table most likely got screwed up; the less you do with the drive the better. The drive may or may not be on it's last leg.. Risk reinstalling on it if you want, but save your data first if there's anything important (there always is)
gniripsni ewa si rehte eht morf cisum siht
myhexhax
Poster
Poster

Post by OleJ on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:46 pm
([msg=35079]see Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

Hack into the bank to get the money you need for a new computer? xD Just kidding... Thats not nice to do... Seriously, do not do that, I was just joking!!! If you get caught, something you absolutely will, you will fast enough understand that a new computer was not worth it... You could see how much you need for a new computer, and try selling your old one for the money you need... Just remember to remove all the cookies you have on it before giving it away... It may give you a new computer... Just a little hint...
OleJ
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 pm
([msg=35080]see Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

OleJ wrote:Hack into the bank to get the money you need for a new computer? xD Just kidding... Thats not nice to do... Seriously, do not do that, I was just joking!!! If you get caught, something you absolutely will, you will fast enough understand that a new computer was not worth it... You could see how much you need for a new computer, and try selling your old one for the money you need... Just remember to remove all the cookies you have on it before giving it away... It may give you a new computer... Just a little hint...

This topic is pretty old, let's let it die =D

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by r-ID on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 pm
([msg=35081]see Re: I'm Going Nuts With This. Any Ideas?[/msg])

i was about to suggest a solution, then i saw a date :D
r-ID
Poster
Poster

Return to Hardware