Programming 3 Evaluation Needed!

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Programming 3 Evaluation Needed!

Post by jpmut on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm
([msg=26697]see Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

I completed this mission last week, but my program was "buggy". It works for some input which takes it around 14s to crack but refuses to work with other inputs. i've revised it several times but my only conclusion would be, the input is faulty, which is hard to believe. thats why i'm askin for your help...can some1 who finished the mission in JAVA (or any1 who understands JAVA) PM me, n i give them my code. i'll even send u a sample of input that refused to work!

my method was bruteforcing the serials and in the process creating the md5password as well....PLZ help me!!!!

PS: For those who r wondering why im bothering with it n yt i've finished it, well, dats jus how i am :) ! and anyone who doesn't bliv i've completed the mission, check my profile http://www.hackthissite.org/user/view/jpmut/.
Last edited by jpmut on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell was asked, "If a false premise can imply any conclusion, use 1 = 2 to prove you're the Pope!" Russell replied, "The Pope and I are two, so we are one."
jpmut
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed!

Post by Nines on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 am
([msg=26734]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

jpmut wrote:I completed this mission last week, but my program was "buggy". It works for some input which takes it around 14s to crack but refuses to work with other inputs. i've revised it several times but my only conclusion would be, the input is faulty, which is hard to believe. thats why i'm askin for your help...can some1 who finished the mission in JAVA (or any1 who understands JAVA) PM me, n i give them my code. i'll even send u a sample of input that refused to work!

my method was bruteforcing the serials and in the process creating the md5password as well....PLZ help me!!!!

PS: For those who r wondering why im bothering with it n yt i've finished it, well, dats jus how i am :) ! and anyone who doesn't bliv i've completed the mission, check my profile http://www.hackthissite.org/user/view/jpmut/.

[Edit]:Don't PM me, apparently my PM is locked don't know why, but i'll ask in another post..well, my email is jpmutanguha@hotmail/yahoo.com...write to whichever email u want!

[Edit]: u can PM now, its been unlocked!

I don't exactly understand what you're asking. You want someone to look at your code to see why it doesn't work for all inputs? Surely you can debug your own program, after all, who is more likely to understand your code than yourself?
Nines
Poster
Poster

Post by jpmut on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:41 pm
([msg=26767]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

Well, thats the problem! I've tried all i can to debug it! I've thought my program through and all i can say is, if it can't find the password, then it has tried all possible ways! here's the problem, it finds the md5password, and is able to find the first 3 serial numbers and lyk 15 characters of the fourth serial number! what are the odds of that! and the everything else goes astray, and it gives me gibberish!
The philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell was asked, "If a false premise can imply any conclusion, use 1 = 2 to prove you're the Pope!" Russell replied, "The Pope and I are two, so we are one."
jpmut
New User
New User

Post by Nines on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:01 pm
([msg=26770]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

I didn't get that problem at all.. It either totally failed or worked perfectly. If you want you can PM me your code and I'll take a look.
Nines
Poster
Poster

Post by jpmut on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:51 pm
([msg=26773]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

sorry, i lied abt commenting it as much as possible, bt its the best i could do on such short notice, coz i really didn't expect any1 to help me out. so thanks a lot. if the comments weren't usefull, jus tell me.
jpmut
New User
New User

Post by relictus on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 pm
([msg=27259]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

I've solved this in Java aswell, feel free to PM me your solution ;)
archlinux user ~ wannabe hacker
relictus
New User
New User

Post by jpmut on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm
([msg=27541]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

thnks Nines & Relictus for helping, i finally found the bug, it was how i calculated the md5, it only anticipated 1 leading zero, n when the length of the md5 was 31, it would add the zero @ the beginning, but then, some problems produced more dan 1 leading zeroes, eg one of the md5 had the length of 30! now i can concentrate on problem 5 and 6 :)
jpmut
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 pm
([msg=35179]see Re: Programming 3 Evaluation Needed![/msg])

mgbelisle wrote:Hi,

I am having somewhat of a tough time completing this programming 3 challenge. My first impression was that since the time limit is as long as 120 seconds, it's probably going to need bruteforcing or a dictionary attack, and looking at the encryption algorithm seemed to support that. So I made a little C program to cruch through some dictionaries (you can download it here [Link Removed]) then tested it on some text encrypted with the original php function. It worked for the test, but even after 80,000,000 lines of dictionary files of digits only, uppercase only, lowercase only, and even this monster one called the argon list, it isn't finding a valid password for the numbers encrypted on the website.

Any pointers? Should I be looking for a way besides bruteforce on this one? Or is my program just slow and I should optimize it more? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mgbelisle

This thread is half a year old, and your post is entirely unrelated to the topic. I'm locking this thread, and splitting your post to a new one.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Programming