Programming 12

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Re: Programming 12

Post by eljonto on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 am
([msg=17659]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

coding an http client in c# takes exactly two lines, i dont see how it could be more simple

Yea, c#- which not everybody uses or likes to use
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
_________________________________________________________________
User avatar
eljonto
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 am
Location: Australia
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by lordofthelefthand on Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:53 pm
([msg=19693]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

I tried using the application I wrote for programming 11 (just changing to url and string manipulations). I couldn't get it to post the answer correctly for some reason though. Finally switched to the down and dirty clipboard copy / paste method mentioned and got it to work.

I'm not sure if my "url encoding" was off, or if something is fundamentally different between the way the answers should be posted to challenge 11 and challenge 12. If anyone would like to share any thoughts on this, please send me a pm.

Great challenge, thanks again!
LLH
User avatar
lordofthelefthand
New User
New User
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by Defience on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 am
([msg=19803]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

lordofthelefthand wrote:I tried using the application I wrote for programming 11 (just changing to url and string manipulations). I couldn't get it to post the answer correctly for some reason though. Finally switched to the down and dirty clipboard copy / paste method mentioned and got it to work.

I'm not sure if my "url encoding" was off, or if something is fundamentally different between the way the answers should be posted to challenge 11 and challenge 12. If anyone would like to share any thoughts on this, please send me a pm.

Great challenge, thanks again!
LLH


POST form requires adding 'submitbutton' & a value (any value) to urlencode
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by thejasper on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:44 pm
([msg=20147]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

I think this one is easier than programming mission 11
just some string processing and the input was in a inputbox, I didn't have to get the source from the page first and find it

one weird thing.. when i coded it that javascript 'clicked' the submit button it didn't work, i had to click it myself :s
thejasper
New User
New User
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by Defience on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:55 am
([msg=20178]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

thejasper wrote:I think this one is easier than programming mission 11
just some string processing and the input was in a inputbox, I didn't have to get the source from the page first and find it

one weird thing.. when i coded it that javascript 'clicked' the submit button it didn't work, i had to click it myself :s


Depending on the method taken to complete these, 11 & 12 should be fairly similar. I used the same basic Python code for both, just had to make some changes to 'the guts' of it. They were fun, though.
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by TheMindRapist on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:13 pm
([msg=20224]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

Easy!=Fun
:(
Image
User avatar
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by acskurucz on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:22 pm
([msg=20628]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

Defience wrote:
thejasper wrote:I think this one is easier than programming mission 11
just some string processing and the input was in a inputbox, I didn't have to get the source from the page first and find it

one weird thing.. when i coded it that javascript 'clicked' the submit button it didn't work, i had to click it myself :s


Depending on the method taken to complete these, 11 & 12 should be fairly similar. I used the same basic Python code for both, just had to make some changes to 'the guts' of it. They were fun, though.


Actually, both of them are fun, and none of them were really hard, but my solution of 11 was the half of the solution of the 12
(they aren't long :D ), but i needed to think of them more than 1 hour to get them.
acskurucz
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by imar2 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:31 pm
([msg=27245]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

hy all!

using the hint that Defience posted on page 2 I wrote 17 lines of python.
it gives good output and it is faster then I can blink my eyes.

now this is where the hard part starts... I can't submit it in time. I tried over 50 times and even asked someone else to hit the enter but I just can't post it in under 5 sec!

the crux has nothing to do with writing code..

I suggest: 20 > the time limit > 7 seconds. OR between 2 and 3 seconds (using your code and cookie to do all the work...)
imar2
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by Defience on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:54 pm
([msg=27251]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

imar2 wrote:hy all!

using the hint that Defience posted on page 2 I wrote 17 lines of python.
it gives good output and it is faster then I can blink my eyes.

now this is where the hard part starts... I can't submit it in time. I tried over 50 times and even asked someone else to hit the enter but I just can't post it in under 5 sec!

the crux has nothing to do with writing code..

I suggest: 20 > the time limit > 7 seconds. OR between 2 and 3 seconds (using your code and cookie to do all the work...)


Why don't you have your code also submit the answer?
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Programming 12

Post by imar2 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:02 am
([msg=27272]see Re: Programming 12[/msg])

because in this forum topic every one said that they did it "ctrl-c ctrl-v style" and the time limit would suggest it as well.

but I guess I'll have to look into it..

Imar2
imar2
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Programming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests