Stego 10

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 10

Post by synflood on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 am
([msg=16817]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

I looked up the cipher given by the image. I noticed something with the typeface. I tried to write down those particular hidden letters and tried to decode. Am I missing something... cause from the ideas going around in this thread it seams i should be getting a particular english word upon the decode which I am not.
synflood
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by TrogDor4 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm
([msg=17289]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Is there someone I can PM for some help? I'm pretty sure I know exactly what to do, but I can't tell the difference between two certain things...
TrogDor4
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:15 am
([msg=17319]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

synflood wrote:I looked up the cipher given by the image. I noticed something with the typeface. I tried to write down those particular hidden letters and tried to decode. Am I missing something... cause from the ideas going around in this thread it seams i should be getting a particular english word upon the decode which I am not.

Yes, you are missing something but seem to be on the right track. Just because someone doesn't stand out in a crowd, doesn't mean they aren't important.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by coldernu on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:34 am
([msg=19726]see [/msg])

Bi-literarie ?
coldernu
New User
New User

Post by slashx24 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:24 am
([msg=20121]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

I know how this works. I get the clue. I worked out what I believe to be close to the message (I get something like ".....") but it seems to be off by something, because no matter how many times I do it, slightly changing things I'm not sure about around, I can never get a password that it accepts. Can someone who has completed this at least tell me if it's random letters, or an actual word? If it's random letters, I give up because the image doesn't appear clear enough to discern the differences accurately....

EDIT: If this is too spoilerish, please let me know. I'm trying to be as general as I can be while still showing that I do actually get it, so it doesn't look like I'm just asking for answers.

[Edited by: Defience]
slashx24
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 am
([msg=20137]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

slashx24 wrote:I know how this works. I get the clue. I worked out what I believe to be close to the message (I get something like ".....") but it seems to be off by something, because no matter how many times I do it, slightly changing things I'm not sure about around, I can never get a password that it accepts. Can someone who has completed this at least tell me if it's random letters, or an actual word? If it's random letters, I give up because the image doesn't appear clear enough to discern the differences accurately....

EDIT: If this is too spoilerish, please let me know. I'm trying to be as general as I can be while still showing that I do actually get it, so it doesn't look like I'm just asking for answers.

[Edited by: Defience]

You are on the right track and the message that you have so far seems correct.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by kijibwa on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:34 pm
([msg=21821]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

Cool, my first post anywhere,ever. Thanks to HTS for eliciting that. This was one of the most
enjoyable missions so far. So thought i'd post a hint or two to save people from doing what i did wrong.
Adjusting Contrast/Brightness in any photoeditor and the Dust-Reduction effect in Photofiltre(freeware) , really helped to make the text more readable.
There are TWO versions of the cipher, only slightly different but its the difference between gibberish and the beautiful blue button. Search around it's easy to find.

To the author of this mission, that's quality 17th.century spelling, a delightful bit of wit and culture. Thanks again to all at HTS. Love This Site.
kijibwa
New User
New User

Post by mgersten on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:37 pm
([msg=26963]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

I am still stuck. I tried eliminating all the letters but A and B, and what I get is gibberish. I inverted, and tried both ciphers. The only other thing I could do involves binary values to each vowel and consonant, but I do not want to waste my time unless I am on the right track. Could someone point me in the right direction? I have read the previous posts so many times and feel like poking my eyes out, as I have been trying a little bit for several weeks.
mgersten
New User
New User

Post by BhaaL on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 am
([msg=26971]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

You might want to read that page about the cipher again, it seems you misunderstood something.
BhaaL
Poster
Poster

Post by mgersten on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:20 pm
([msg=27841]see Re: Stego 10[/msg])

I know I am misunderstanding something, but do not know what it is. I just read the post 4 more times, and still nothing.
mgersten
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography