HackThisSite Wishlist

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Choose up to 3

Newbie filtering systems (must pass basic challenges to get to login/register screens, etc)
16%
More Realistic challenges
20%
Even more Application challenges
3%
More _______ challenges
12%
HTS Complete Open Source (Including missions, etc)
16%
Anonymous feedback system (Leave comments about staff members)
6%
Email verification for registration
3%
Code database
16%
Remove points from missions
3%
More skins
5%

Total votes : 172

HackThisSite Wishlist

Post by TheMindRapist on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:50 pm
([msg=26663]see HackThisSite Wishlist[/msg])

Old one is a little outdated.
Please state what you vote for and explain your choices.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HTS Wishlist

Post by Tentra on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm
([msg=26666]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

I chose Newbie Filtering, HTS open Source, and Remove points. For noob filtering I think anyones first 5 posts in the forums should be approved by the mods. I really like the open source idea, but the realistic missions shouldn't be open source.

Also I would really like to see tutorials on how the stego missions were created, mainly Stego 2.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Post by Monica on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:14 pm
([msg=26669]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

Regarding the "noob filter" on forum -- the first few posts by a new user are actually moderated and need moderator approval only in the NZone. However, I'd definitely encourage this in all areas of the forum. The problem with it, is that the moderators CANNOT just simply read through each and every post to approve or disapprove. It would be a pain in the a**.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by godofcereal on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:47 am
([msg=26674]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

I chose anonymous feedback because there is no way for anyone to comment on how good/bad a job you guys are doing, the only way we can do it is on the IRC and thats not anonymous at all.
More realistics, some XSS and CSRF missions would be nice.
Code bank, let people show off what they made.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by jpmut on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:41 pm
([msg=26714]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

I'd lyk somewhere we could all post/submit our source codes for finished programming missions, so that we could check each others codes and see how others did it...(kinda lyk TopCoder.com, really kul site too!) and you only get access to codes of missions u've completed urself (obviously! ;) )! I guess thats what code db meant, if not then it jus got a free vote...
The philosopher and mathematician Bertrand Russell was asked, "If a false premise can imply any conclusion, use 1 = 2 to prove you're the Pope!" Russell replied, "The Pope and I are two, so we are one."
jpmut
New User
New User

Post by TheMindRapist on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:23 pm
([msg=26715]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

jpmut wrote:I'd lyk somewhere we could all post/submit our source codes for finished programming missions, so that we could check each others codes and see how others did it...

That was discussed in this thread: http://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3443
I'd recommend talking directly to others through IRC after you finish the mission, I agree it's interesting to see the different methods people use. In this context a code bank means a place you could upload programs you made.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by insomaniacal on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am
([msg=26730]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

A code bank would be pretty cool :D.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by smithmetal on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 am
([msg=26731]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

Newbie filtering: a lot of users comes on the site make first few challenges then ask how to hack myspace/facebook/etc. on the forum, get smack by the disclamer and give up. This is pretty annoying imo.

HTS open Source: as a friend of a retired moderator, i've seen the code behind some missions and these are pretty fun to go trought after you finished it.

More Programming missions : These are, in my opignion, the hardest challenges and i really enjoyed the few i did.
smithmetal
New User
New User

Post by sugarload on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:59 am
([msg=26848]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

Newbie filtering system : new users should read the HTS Project Guide, and agree with it, so less people come here asking for help to hack a Myspace, Hotmail, or Facebook account...

More realistic challenges : I haven't done many yet, but I think they're the most interesting ones; it shows concrete applications of what we can learn through HTS.

Even more application challenges : they're really good too, we can learn a lot of stuff about the programs with them, so I think there should be even more.
It is only after you have lost everything when you are free to do anything.
sugarload
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:10 am
([msg=26851]see Re: HTS Wishlist[/msg])

sugarload wrote:Newbie filtering system : new users should read the HTS Project Guide, and agree with it, so less people come here asking for help to hack a Myspace, Hotmail, or Facebook account...

I can almost guarantee that most people on the site have not read the project guide or anything regarding the rules. I can also say that very few know the rules to the forum. Putting up a page where all the rules and terms are and you have to agree to it is already up, how many people have actualy read it?
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Comments & Suggestions