windows 7: thoughts and ideas

The ubiquitous operating system, discussion of its (many) flaws, and how to mitigate the risks of those flaws

windows 7: thoughts and ideas

Post by nosidius on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 am
([msg=26456]see windows 7: thoughts and ideas[/msg])

alright, well ive seen posts on its beta and some of its bugs, and im probably going to put it on my computer (im getting a 64 bit finally!!!) so i was hoping on some feed back on it before i actually do overwrite XP and go for it. i keep seeing how it's like mac, with all the little toolbar functions and basic [insert foul language] like that. i personally have nothing to judge this against, as i have never used anything made by mac (not so much as an ipod (cept for rockboxing my friends)). Big thing of note that i keep seeing is that w7 is XP/vista on crack, flashiness of vista with the usability and function of XP

and yes, i realize i have a lot of spelling errors XP
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: windows 7: thoughts and ideas

Post by Spectre557 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:56 pm
([msg=26459]see Re: windows 7: thoughts and ideas[/msg])

I've used it, and yeah it's a bit like Vista on steroids. I'm pretty sure it's even faster than XP, and has some nice design features. In fact, the only problem I've experienced so far is some minor hardware incompatibilities (which will probably be fine once updated drivers are released) and one other thing: Don't bother trying to play online games that use Punkbuster anti-cheat. You'll almost certainly be constantly kicked for "UNKNOWN WINDOWS API FUNCTION".
Last edited by Spectre557 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:06 pm
([msg=26460]see Re: windows 7: thoughts and ideas[/msg])

Spectre557 wrote:I've used it, and yeah it's a bit like Vista on steroids. I'm pretty sure it's even faster than XP, and has some nice design features. In fact, the only problem I've experienced so far is some minor hardware incompatibilities (which is probably be fine once updated drivers are released) and one other thing: Don't bother trying to play online games that use Punkbuster anti-cheat. You'll almost certainly be constantly kicked for "UNKNOWN WINDOWS API FUNCTION".

In other words, don't get Windows 7. It was them trying to salvage the time wasted on Vista. The problem with the direction Windows is taking is they are introducing all this new useless stuff and expecting programs and games to switch to support Vista, when it should be the other way around.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Spectre557 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm
([msg=26462]see Re: windows 7: thoughts and ideas[/msg])

Ignore this, accidental post! :shock:
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Return to Microsoft Windows