Popsci artice, Chinese hackers

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

Popsci artice, Chinese hackers

Post by Shino336 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 pm
([msg=25675]see Popsci artice, Chinese hackers[/msg])

A month or two ago, there was an artice in Popular Science about Chinese hackers, and I was wondering if any of you had read, and what you stance on what the artice stated was. Yes, I am aware that some Chinese hackers probably will read this topic, s just remember, I would prefer that this topic stays somewhat around around the article, so no one gets mad at me. ;) If you don't subscribe to popsci, you can find the article here. http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2 ... a-syndrome Just one thing I'd like to put in is, unfortunately, they use the term "hackers" without clarifying what they mean by that. And they obviously mean black hat hackers. Thanks, I look forward to your responses!

(note: Admins, this was the section that I though fit this best. If you don't think so, please move it.)

Shino336
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Popsci artice, Chinese hackers

Post by godofcereal on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:21 am
([msg=25681]see Re: Popsci artice, Chinese hackers[/msg])

I have heard all these things before but I didnt think it went into this kind depth. I heard that the chinese are inside the US govs computers but not the publics...jeez...
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Wootz on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:28 pm
([msg=25914]see Re: Popsci artice, Chinese hackers[/msg])

Is it just me, or does hacking make the world a much more interesting place?

In any case, I thought non-malicious hacking was called "programming" by people, at least the ones who know little of the work. But it's not like people haven't had this conception that hackers are evil scary net-ninjas that are out to ruin your life for years anyways.

BIG FREAKIN EDIT!!: This quote just caught my attention: "Unlike our Western [hacker] counterparts, most of whom are individualists or anarchists, Chinese hackers tend to get more involved with politics because most of them are young, passionate, and patriotic." How different are hackers in China to hackers in western countries, anyways?
Wootz
New User
New User

Post by Shino336 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:05 am
([msg=25982]see Re: Popsci artice, Chinese hackers[/msg])

Wootz wrote: "Unlike our Western [hacker] counterparts, most of whom are individualists or anarchists, Chinese hackers tend to get more involved with politics because most of them are young, passionate, and patriotic." How different are hackers in China to hackers in western countries, anyways?

I think what they mean is that, as also mentioned in the article, most Western hackers are hacking for a social change. Most Chinese hackers, or at least according to the article, hack to hurt the western countries in some way. At least that's what I think it means...

Shino336
Shino336
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by insomaniacal on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:36 am
([msg=25986]see Re: Popsci artice, Chinese hackers[/msg])

They're trying to say that Western Hackers are all Left Wing lunatics and Asian hackers are Right Wing Nazis, just in a nice way.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Return to Politics