is there a god?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: is there a god?

Post by Heath Winchester on Wed May 20, 2009 1:15 pm
([msg=24030]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

I see your point. It does seem that the majority of people on here are trying to convert you to something.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by zobier on Thu May 21, 2009 12:13 am
([msg=24075]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

Heath Winchester wrote:I see your point. It does seem that the majority of people on here are trying to convert you to something.

Let that not dissuade us from having intelligent conversation, there's too little of it in the world as it is.
{B:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11],R:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14],A:[1,2,3,4,5,6],P:[1,2],J:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7],E:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13]}
zobier
New User
New User

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Fri May 22, 2009 6:20 am
([msg=24163]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

I agree, no matter what you consider your religion, if any, I firmly believe that every person needs to learn as much as they can of each religion even if you don't agree with others, if you've never taken the time to consider it, I can't understand how you could critise? Besides, if anyone thinks they can convert someone over a post on the net, well I'll be damned, your either more convinving than Martin Luther Kind or an absolute retard, I'll leave it up to every individual to place themselves within that comparison...

Anyway, getting back to the question at hand, I often see it like this:

Remember when you were a kid and you went to see a magic show? It was awesome, just the concept of magic of something you can't explain, but as you grew older you figured out the deception and magic became nothing more than exactly that, deception and lies, we've all heard a true magician never reveals his tricks. In my honest opinion God's power works in the very same way, only this time, it's the truth, there are no deceptions or lies about it, but revealing the secrets behind it, would make it boring? We're not meant to understood it, that part atleast, to me, is clear, otherwise we would have.

It might be a totally stupid or naive way of thinking, but I honeslty don't think it's as complicated as we make it out to be, I believe God created us simply for his own enjoyment, what fun would mindless people be? I know a few christians might seriously frown at the thought that God created people because he was bored, but hey, that's my honest opinion.
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Post by Stormc1nd3r on Sat May 23, 2009 6:36 pm
([msg=24256]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

Socrates once said "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing". And it applies here nicely, how can we, with our limited knowledge infer as to whether there is or isn't a God? And as for the evolution arguments, how do you know God didn't create us THROUGH evolution? "God" doesn't have to be the God referred to in the "major" religions. And another thing, some people say that they don't believe in God because of the pain in misery in the world. This is easily refuted. Once again, limited human knowledge comes into play. Assuming there is a God, how could we understand why he does what? Him explaining it to us would be like a human trying to teach a bacterium chess. Finally, even if there is no living "God" like Jehovah or Allah, since the physical constants dictate everything that happens, would that make them God? So it seems to me that either way, in a liberal sense, God exists. Be him Jehovah, Allah, or the facts of the Universe that dictate our day to day living.
Stormc1nd3r
New User
New User

Post by zobier on Sun May 24, 2009 11:40 pm
([msg=24325]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

Stormc1nd3r wrote:Socrates once said "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing". And it applies here nicely, how can we, with our limited knowledge infer as to whether there is or isn't a God? And as for the evolution arguments, how do you know God didn't create us THROUGH evolution? "God" doesn't have to be the God referred to in the "major" religions. And another thing, some people say that they don't believe in God because of the pain in misery in the world. This is easily refuted. Once again, limited human knowledge comes into play. Assuming there is a God, how could we understand why he does what? Him explaining it to us would be like a human trying to teach a bacterium chess. Finally, even if there is no living "God" like Jehovah or Allah, since the physical constants dictate everything that happens, would that make them God? So it seems to me that either way, in a liberal sense, God exists. Be him Jehovah, Allah, or the facts of the Universe that dictate our day to day living.

Nice post.
{B:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11],R:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14],A:[1,2,3,4,5,6],P:[1,2],J:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7],E:[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13]}
zobier
New User
New User

Post by xcurious on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm
([msg=24729]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

is there a god?

No one **really** knows, you can't prove that he does or doesn't exist.

My two cents.
- Apologies to all who I have flamed in the past. Thanks mods for unbanning me.

ckw100 wrote:so i have been pacticeing my batch file hacking for networks
xcurious
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Religion