The question is, are you religous?

For discussing religion and related topics.

The question is, are you religous?

Post by mbaron1216 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:05 pm
([msg=20715]see The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

I believe I am. Not for the same reason as others, but because I believe in something. I believe that everyone has a believe in which they hold close. I believe Gos is what we make him to be. If one believes in God, then it is real to them, no matter what form they perceive him as. So when I say I am religious, I do not believe in one religion, but more of every religion. I guess you can say what I believe is the belief in people's beliefs.
mbaron1216
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The question is, are you religous?

Post by Charlieace on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:42 pm
([msg=20808]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

you sound eerily close to my religion. i guess i consider myself christian, but i haven't been to church in years. i also had a wild thought. if heaven is what we make it, why can't god be?

i'm also prepared to accept any religion. if i die and see allah staring at me, i'll accept it. if i die and see buddha sitting on his fat ass smiling like always, because he's a genuis and always happy, i'll accept it. i've almost converted to buddhism. i have even considered athiesm, but then denied the fact.

i've also been wanting to say this: i think god made science do all the work, and he intervenes from time to time. i also think i'm the only live person in this universe, and everyone else is just here but not functioning like i do, BUT! but everyone else has their own universe, which is a parallel universe, and everything is synchronized. so if it punched someone (which i constantly do), it happens in my universe and their universe (i can punch a trillion to the 10000 power miles!). and if something becomes unsychronized, it screws with the time-space continium and causes a time paradox. it seems to fit, and is incredibly bizzare, but i think its how god made it. so call me a crackpot.

-cHarLiEaCe :twisted: :twisted:
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by mbaron1216 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:24 pm
([msg=20825]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

Charlieace wrote:you sound eerily close to my religion. i guess i consider myself christian, but i haven't been to church in years. i also had a wild thought. if heaven is what we make it, why can't god be?

i'm also prepared to accept any religion. if i die and see allah staring at me, i'll accept it. if i die and see buddha sitting on his fat ass smiling like always, because he's a genuis and always happy, i'll accept it. i've almost converted to buddhism. i have even considered athiesm, but then denied the fact.

i've also been wanting to say this: i think god made science do all the work, and he intervenes from time to time. i also think i'm the only live person in this universe, and everyone else is just here but not functioning like i do, BUT! but everyone else has their own universe, which is a parallel universe, and everything is synchronized. so if it punched someone (which i constantly do), it happens in my universe and their universe (i can punch a trillion to the 10000 power miles!). and if something becomes unsychronized, it screws with the time-space continium and causes a time paradox. it seems to fit, and is incredibly bizzare, but i think its how god made it. so call me a crackpot.

-cHarLiEaCe :twisted: :twisted:

I wont call you a crack pot. more of a person with ideas!

:p

I dont think I could just "accept" any religion but more like say "okay. cool."

lol
mbaron1216
New User
New User

Post by Dredric1 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:49 pm
([msg=20859]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

I'm religous
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
Dredric1
Poster
Poster

Post by Possumdude0 on Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 pm
([msg=23712]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

I am a fairly religious Christian person. I've called myself Christian for over a decade, but I never really knew what that meant until just a couple of years ago.

i also think i'm the only live person in this universe, and everyone else is just here but not functioning like i do, BUT! but everyone else has their own universe, which is a parallel universe, and everything is synchronized. so if it punched someone (which i constantly do), it happens in my universe and their universe

Speaking in practical terms, how is that different from everyone existing in the same universe?
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sandsphinx on Thu May 14, 2009 2:59 pm
([msg=23713]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

I have just finished writing an article for school explaining in more detail how Religion is the structure ofr all civilisations and that without it the world would fall to pieces. I mean, it was a few thousand years before Scientific Theories started that Religion was first created. Even now, even though all the odds are against Religions (* Science Wise *) they still prevail. Thus showing that religion is much a bigger part of our world than we take for granted. I am not religious, never have been and never will be, because i trust in the facts and what makes sense. But writing the article from a religious point of view, regarding religion as a good thing, was an eye opener. Religion entwines itself through all cultures and creates socialization, and norms, and so on...
sandsphinx
Poster
Poster

Post by Spectre557 on Thu May 14, 2009 3:48 pm
([msg=23716]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

The fact that religion is still around despite becoming obsolete, and an insult to human intelligence, is only proof that people really do need something to give meaning to their life, and to rationalise things they don't understand.

sandsphinx wrote:Religion entwines itself through all cultures and creates socialization, and norms, and so on...

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

It's not that society couldn't survive without religion. It just couldn't exist in its current state, which is one disturbingly reliant upon the reassurance of superstition and make-believe.

mbaron1216 wrote:So when I say I am religious, I do not believe in one religion, but more of every religion.

You sound like more of a "spiritual" person to me. But certainly not religious.

Religion often has almost nothing to do with any actual spirituality; It does at its core, but around that is a senseless, controlling mass of scripture, laws and rituals, that only turn someone who wants to believe in "something" into a mindless sheep.

mbaron1216 wrote:i have even considered athiesm, but then denied the fact.

You shouldn't consider atheism as a standard option among religions, because it's nothing like a religion. Rather than just a different set of rules for the same game, you opt out of the game. You choose to stop believing things because someone without a clue told you, and start making your own decisions and moral choices . It's not about some vague set of rules based on an old book, but rather a decision... to stop being a slave to the imaginary. And by the way... what fact?
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Thu May 14, 2009 5:20 pm
([msg=23723]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

I AM THE ONE TRUE GOD! LOOK AT MY POSTS! ONLY GOD COULD GET THAT MANY!

Im not religuos.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by mischief on Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm
([msg=23726]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

i believe in the invisible pink unicorn.

and the flying spaghetti monster, and his noodly appendage.

wait, does that make me polytheistic? or a non-theist? :o
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by Heath Winchester on Thu May 14, 2009 7:10 pm
([msg=23728]see Re: The question is, are you religous?[/msg])

I am in the midst of searching! I have no conclusive evidence for anything whatsoever. I have an argument in my head between the logical voice and the creative voice telling me to do different things. One side says "Study, research, discuss and you will find the truth" and the other says "Go be a hippie and it will all come to you naturally and through self enlightenment." It's annoying. I like to believe in something that's out there besides just us. But I also can't stomach that any Religion is the one true way.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Religion