C++ Project (Looking for people)

C++ Project (Looking for people)

Post by Microelite7711 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 am
([msg=21936]see C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

The meeting is going to be skipped due to some time issues. I have open a forum at: http://cplusproject.11.forumer.com/index.php This is going to be the main place of the project information in about a week. Please start openly talking about your concerns, idea's, suggestions, your questions, and anything on your mind at the forum. This will help to get this project going! ALSO, I will be sharing my idea's of a big project April 22nd on the forum, so please bring your idea's, even the biggest fantasy program you can image, just share it so we can get creative!
More and more people are getting interested :D , I'd like to say that I'm willing to switch compilers and other stuff you can suggest as long as most people on the team agree. I myself have used Dev C++ when I first started programming in C++ :D

Hey there! Man I haven't been on in awhile. Since then I've been going to college learning C++ and SQL(I HATE that class).

Anyway, I'm looking for partners to help me build a decent to fairly large program in C++. I don't know what it will be, but we'll collaborate on that. I want to do this so we can learn a thing or two that we didn't know before from each other because everyone (almost) learns differently and I think it would be great to see other people's idea's, style of coding, ect.

I welcome C++ Beginners through experts. I myself am not a beginner but neither an expert. I know about pointers, references, classes, arrays, objects, writing my own functions, I/O, file handling (sorta), and that's about it. I would like who ever is interested to send my your experience level in C++, idea's about what kind of program to make, and possibly an alternate E-mail address.

How it will work:
Team size: Any amount as needed so reserve your spot quick to be a part of the team!
Compensation: Knowledge.
Requirement: C/C++ code only. You MUST have at least knowledge about variables (int, bool, double, float) and also loops (do while, while, for), If/Else statements, and nested loops and If/Else statements (Loop inside of a loop, if inside of an if, ect.). ***This list might change to higher requirements, but I don't think so***
Assignments: When you tell me your experiences we as a team can assign you properly.
Progress Report: Every week or two we will say and exchange what we got done.
Credit: Everyone will get credit where credit is due, (maybe a nice thing to put on a resume?).
Compiler: Up For Decision!
Projected Starting Date: April 24th, 2009
*****************************THIS LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*******************************

My Very General Idea:
Make a tool of some sort that we can put on HTS that might help out new hackers, programmers, ect.

How To Join The Team
:
Please send me an E-Mail at: Microelite7711@gmail.com or just PM me. Include your C++ experience (what you know), your Project idea (if any), programs previously made (Homework assignments are credible mentions), and also an alternate E-Mail address please. I'll make a public list of the team that I will update every 2 or 3 day.

Please be serious, I think this will be an awesome opportunity for everyone.

Team List:
1. Microelite7711
2.aNewHobby4me
3.chrisx16x2008
4.Krakerjak
5.bird7727
6.YayPython
7.wasup
8.orwell84

Edit(s)
:
1.Changed "Strictly C++" to C/C++.
2.Added that I know about objects in my list.
3.Added Team meeting time at top.
4.Added response

Responses
:
mischief: I know how to write and use objects in C++.
godofcereal: That's why I said we will collaborate on idea's. And this project is going to be something big so we can have a team, but you don't get that I want this to be a learning experience for everyone not just make a cool new program.
hischild: What do you propose?
Last edited by Microelite7711 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)

Post by mischief on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 am
([msg=21939]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

no offense man, but it would seem that your knowledge areas are 'strictly' C. if you plan on doing some 'C++', maybe you should learn something 'C++' related, due to the fact that bjarne originally invented C++ simply to add OOP to C.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:22 am
([msg=21940]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

How can you make a project if you havent decided what your doing. And you dont need a team, you need time.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Adriel on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:26 am
([msg=21942]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

Althoug I also think that is a bit strange to purpose a project without an idea.... I offer my help(if you can call it lke that)... I was thinking of joining a project and if there is a chance to do something here I have to try...

I know the basics of C which I learned in a university subject. I've got all the minimals you mentioned but not much more.

I cannot PM(not sure why yet) so if you want send me an email.

Wait for response, Thanks
Adriel
New User
New User

Post by aNewHobby4me on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:26 am
([msg=21944]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

Count me in, too. Sounds interesting.
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by chrisx16x2008 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:10 am
([msg=22024]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

I'm in, my msn is chrisx16x2008@hotmail.com
chrisx16x2008
New User
New User

Post by hischild on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:22 am
([msg=22028]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

sounds interesting, to bad that you only use VS
hischild
New User
New User

Post by IncandescentLight on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 am
([msg=22033]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

You should contact the developers and try to merge with them.
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by krakerjak on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 am
([msg=22092]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

Sounds like this could be some fun.
It will definitely be useless to assemble a team without a project in mind.
But im game for giving ideas when this gets rolling.
krakerjak
New User
New User

Post by bird7727 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:49 pm
([msg=22111]see Re: C++ Project (Looking for people)[/msg])

I sent you an e-mail a few hours ago. I can put in about 8-10 hours a week (most on weekends) and I code in C++.
bird7727
New User
New User

Next

Return to C and C++