What's the reason for existence?

What is the nature of existence?

Re: What's the reason for existence?

Post by AlxB on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 pm
([msg=20709]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

There are so many answers to this question... My opinion is that the reason for our existence is to give birth and so help our species evolve to eternal heights. Of course there may be something else but if we don't survive until we are smart enough to figure out what the reason for our existence is, then we have failed our purpose for sure.

2 possibilities :

1. God created life... so he wants us to evolve... => we need to survive.
2. Big Bang... there is no reason to our life... like that of an animal, our reason will be to survive and become upper species.

Even so, god can be some giant brain... he created us in his shape... (our brain) that means that the body is only a tool to help the brain evolve and that can only happen in time. However there is a difference between creating life and manipulating it into our vision of life. Because we don't know what really happened... we can't form a clear theory. Just let time solve it all.....
AlxB
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Charlieace on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 pm
([msg=21706]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

whoever created us got bored because his t.v broke, and made science. science did this and whoever created us has been sitting back and watching with a budweiser and popcron on one armrest, and the universal remote on the other armrest.

no i'm kidding.

^^^^^^^^^^
what the hell!
i never wrote this! how the hell did this get posted?
Last edited by Charlieace on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by JSturgesJr on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 am
([msg=22035]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

The reason we exist is to teach the universe how to die, well...

Man is gods gift to the devil, keep healthy, keep your mind fit, make it a nice gift.
JSturgesJr
New User
New User

Post by Heath Winchester on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 am
([msg=22053]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

We exist to drink and Fight! :D

I can't take the topic seriously because that'd be taking life too seriously. I've got a life to live I can't sit around and wonder why I live it. I just do it.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Cruentus_Canis on Sat May 09, 2009 3:06 pm
([msg=23480]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

My personal opinion is there is no reason, it simply happened. However, we can make an objective and use that as our 'reason', but otherwise, the only logical unbiased (by religion, etc.) reason is that there is in fact no reason whatsoever.
Cruentus_Canis
New User
New User

Post by ph4nt0m on Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 am
([msg=24167]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

I still don't don't understand why people believe there has to be a reason to live. That every little thing on this earth is part of some divine plan. People waste their life searching for the answer to this question and forget to live. This idea was most likely put in your head when you were young and you've clung to it ever since. You get one life. It's a natural and beautiful life. There is no reason for it, it simply happened and you are here. There is no after life. No ghosts, demons, god, satan nor is there a heaven or hell. It's all make believe. You can make yourself believe anything. An insect on the ground has just as much purpose on this earth as you do. Why people value human life over animal life is beyond me. Maybe it has something to do with the bible saying that life is sacred. Which it clearly is not. Just live man. :)
ph4nt0m
New User
New User

Post by Heath Winchester on Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 am
([msg=24191]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

I agree with half of what you said. Don't think too hard on it. Just live! But I also do not like thinking about this being my only life. I don't want to stop living! I want to go somewhere instead of the ground whether it be reincarnated or sent to some after life. And also the feeling of something being out there is comforting at times. So I tend to live my life as I see fit. I can't be blamed for that can I?
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by zenithSmil3 on Sat May 23, 2009 11:01 am
([msg=24237]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

The reason for my existence in particular... I guess you're going to have to ask my parents about that...

Anyway, just exist to make yourself happy. It's one of those choices...
Meh.
zenithSmil3
Poster
Poster

Post by Charlieace on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 pm
([msg=25500]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

whatever or whoever created us got bored and created us. he/she/it made some popcorn and watched.
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by ph4nt0m on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:31 pm
([msg=25505]see Re: What's the reason for existence?[/msg])

Heath Winchester wrote:I agree with half of what you said. Don't think too hard on it. Just live! But I also do not like thinking about this being my only life. I don't want to stop living! I want to go somewhere instead of the ground whether it be reincarnated or sent to some after life. And also the feeling of something being out there is comforting at times. So I tend to live my life as I see fit. I can't be blamed for that can I?

Faith can be comforting which is why I don't really criticize it. I was a christian for 16 years, and I believed in the fully. It felt great believing there was life after death. When I put logic in the picture however things changed. I don't make fun of someone when they believe in something like that, because I know it's comforting. But when they shove their religion in my face and tell me it's the absolute truth, I have no sympathy in their childish beliefs. I wouldn't venture to say that the god of the bible exists, but maybe a supreme being of some sort. Of course I have no proof of this, I'm just saying it's possible. Faith can be good, for some people at least. Confusing faith with facts and logic however can be detrimental to this world. Religion has created more problems than it has fixed. I just challenge people to live their life and live everyday like it's the last one. Sometimes I think at the end of the day if I had died that day would I feel like I lived that day to the fullest?
ph4nt0m
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to General