Stego 14

Find what's hiding in plain sight

Re: Stego 14

Post by Jaryth000 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:20 pm
([msg=17691]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

*looks at the end of the Stego page*
hmm... *looks at the end of 14*

I mean.... I dont see why they would name the other one 15...

Let me ask this then. Does Level 14 have anything to do with

Find what 1 is not

? If it does, then Im mistaken and sorry. If not... then yes, I meant 15.
Jaryth000
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Monica on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 pm
([msg=17712]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

You are correct. There IS a Stego 15. ;)
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by krippling on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am
([msg=21094]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

i found the key too, it was quite easy
but the cipher finding part is driving me nuts :shock: , going by the hints in the image, i have tried all sorts of things, coffee cipher, football cipher (ofcourse i made them up, none of then exist). I thought it would be WA** CI**** but i dont think so now. Can somebody tell if im on the right path?
PS : Whats that "*" doing there in the key? is it simple arithmetic or is there more to it? i really dont know much about maths. :|

-- Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:22 am --

I guess i know what the cipher is.... but what, do i have to know about what additive inverse, multiplicative inverse and thingys like that are? ah.....
krippling
New User
New User

Post by eljonto on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:24 am
([msg=21160]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

ok, you've done well so far- you have the key and i assume the cipher text. now usually ciphers take a textual key but the key you have isn't textual- how many ciphers are there like this? And trust me on this, read the hints in the image- there are no spelling errors.
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by krippling on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:45 am
([msg=21185]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

eljonto wrote:ok, you've done well so far- you have the key and i assume the cipher text. now usually ciphers take a textual key but the key you have isn't textual- how many ciphers are there like this? And trust me on this, read the hints in the image- there are no spelling errors.

Thanx for the reply! i think i know what the cipher is ( AF**** ). I found a nice looking decryptor which included alphabets as well as numerals. no luck so far...
krippling
New User
New User

Post by eljonto on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:09 pm
([msg=21245]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

yes, you have the right cipher- google for a decrypter- i only found one, remember how there are two components to the key? that means your decrypter should have two seperate boxes for each component of the key to go in so check for that to see if you have the right cipher decrypter. If you decrypt it, chances are the answer will be wrong- this is because the font that the ciphertext is in is really hard to read lol- bear in mind that all the ciphertext is in uppercase and look carefully for the curves to see what the characters are.
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by krippling on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:47 pm
([msg=21267]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

Thanx a lot for the reply!!
I used a different decryptor this time, and i could swear that i had the right answer! it is almost gramatically correct. (Something related to construction work...). guess i have to try some more..
krippling
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 am
([msg=21293]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

krippling wrote:Thanx a lot for the reply!!
I used a different decryptor this time, and i could swear that i had the right answer! it is almost gramatically correct. (Something related to construction work...). guess i have to try some more..

"it is almost gramatically correct." Why not just try what you have? :o
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by krippling on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 am
([msg=21299]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

Defience wrote:"it is almost gramatically correct." Why not just try what you have? :o

oh believe me, i have tried many things. either i am misreading the cipher (PGN****** , i blame the font), or there is some other problem i dont know about. I tried what i found, i was quite sure of it when i found it but it didnt work.It really DOES look like a password, but it doesnt work. (BUL.......). I am out of ideas now :sigh:
krippling
New User
New User

Post by zorbec on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:33 pm
([msg=21312]see Re: Stego 14[/msg])

krippling wrote:
Defience wrote:It really DOES look like a password, but it doesnt work. (BUL.......). I am out of ideas now :sigh:

I am stuck at the same point. I see some extra data hidden in the image, and I guess the BUL... word is the key
to another cipher. But there are far too many possibilities. The most obvious choice for the cipher text
is 136 bytes. Is that right ? I tried on it a very old cipher which looked a plausible canditate, but no luck ...
zorbec
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Steganography