Welcome noobs

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Welcome noobs

Post by i_fallenhero on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:36 pm
([msg=18986]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Melandy wrote:Heyo all.

I was reading something about you hearing all the excuses about dogs dying during break ups or soemthing...

but I just need one small favor before I dive into the learning of the languages.

My dad locked himself out of his laptop with a 3 letter password that he can't remember. xD (it's kind of funny)

I managed to get into command prompt and all the info imputed to get to where you change the passoword, but I'm in the guest account, I keep getting system error 5, and I don't know how to access administrator to actually be successul in changing it, since I don't have the password to run cmd promt as admin. I can change the password on my comptuer, but that's because I can run it as admin.

I've tried everything my noobiness knows to do it. (this is actually the reason I'm becoming more active in learning about hackers... I've wanted to for years now- but -_- I'm lazy so I never got around to it.)

and um is there any of these languages I'm going to learn that you would recommend starting on? just asking.
Thank you.
I have a program on my computer that allows me to directly adress the administrative options through the command prompt check to see via the command prompt "tree"
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by harrisjayjamall on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:25 pm
([msg=19158]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

OK Im new to this all and and i kind of stumble on this site :D i have a many of question but i want berate any of you the only i have at this time is where to start i do Ive read and c++ book and got thoroughly confused and cant find any good books that explains better if any got tip, suggestion or tools that helped them please share im open to all help but i warn you i will ask question so that i can understand better nice to meet you all and thanks for any further help.

oh im going to this w3school.com site to reseach anyone where s the best place to start off at c++ java.....
harrisjayjamall
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:51 pm
([msg=19164]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Hi and welcome. I dont know much on C++ as Im a perl man. We do have a nice section for C++ questions. One of the best places to learn is google. If you want help with stuff now then try in the irc.

On a different note, I am gratefull to everyone who helped out here.
But please do refrain from posting your questions here as there is sections of the forum for them. This was ment to be for guiding people, not for asking questions that can be asked in their proper places.
Thank you.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by aNewHobby4me on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm
([msg=19168]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

harrisjayjamall wrote:OK Im new to this all and and i kind of stumble on this site :D ...

Welcome :)
harrisjayjamall wrote:oh im going to this w3school.com site to reseach anyone where s the best place to start off at c++ java.....

http://see.stanford.edu/

University level, learn at your own pace.
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by harrisjayjamall on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:03 pm
([msg=19282]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

cool thx's for the advice ill talk with you'll soon enough when i start to figure all this stuff out i decided to start with html so i can start doin those mission which look way cool im thinking ill have this figured out by the end of the week

-- Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:34 am --

i figured it out :D that was nice see how i did all on my own the feeling is better now i can walk with my chest poked out lol ;)
thanks for all the site and info illl continue to learn mission 2 ill have it done by weds. :shock: but i was wondering is anyone using kubuntu or unbutu os i just started runnig kubuntu last week head first and got my freind to jump in with me and now us mircorsoft babies tryin too rediscover our computer if any one got any advice ill thank you soo much

took me 2h to figure out how to the internet then another 2h to figure out how to use a install adobe flash player so ii can really use the help
harrisjayjamall
New User
New User

Post by orwell84 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:04 am
([msg=20323]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

I just want to point out that www.cprogramming.com is a good site for learning C and C++
Mens et manus.
orwell84
Poster
Poster

Post by Ntvu on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:09 pm
([msg=21331]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

^ yeah, that's a good site to start off with. It inspired me (3 years ago) to learn C++ -- it made the language seem like it was so easy to learn.

Another good reference is http://cplusplus.com -- it has a more complete reference to the C++ language IMO
Ntvu
Poster
Poster

Post by AtlasDark on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm
([msg=21341]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

My knowledge of C/C++ is downright laughable, though I do suggest Bloodshed CDP as an IDE.
AtlasDark
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:31 am
([msg=21348]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

Once again, please refrain from posting on this thread unless you are contributing to it.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Friktionazed on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am
([msg=21881]see Re: Welcome noobs[/msg])

HI every body, as you can see im new here and im enjoying the site.
Well... i have done some missions but there is some that is hard but i will visit these sites and read some info, And im learning python so i wonder if there is one out there that does have some experience on that language ;)
Friktionazed
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone