Basic Mission 5

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 5

Post by ifail on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 am
([msg=18090]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Defience wrote:If you completed them then you must have done something right. Keep in mind that there is usually more than one way to finish these. Try doing some research to find out why certain exploits work and what makes some sites vulnerable. Learning is the goal :ugeek:

Sort of true I guess, I'll try and find some info and see if I can understand what really happened. Sorry if there was too much info about how I did it (I see it's edited) in my previous post btw, that was not my intention at all. Would you mind if I ask you a more direct question in a pm ?
Greetz and thanks for the fast reply :)
ifail
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:12 am
([msg=18092]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

ifail wrote:
Defience wrote:If you completed them then you must have done something right. Keep in mind that there is usually more than one way to finish these. Try doing some research to find out why certain exploits work and what makes some sites vulnerable. Learning is the goal :ugeek:

Sort of true I guess, I'll try and find some info and see if I can understand what really happened. Sorry if there was too much info about how I did it (I see it's edited) in my previous post btw, that was not my intention at all. Would you mind if I ask you a more direct question in a pm ?
Greetz and thanks for the fast reply :)

I don't mind, that's what I'm here for.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by Slow02GT on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:22 pm
([msg=18243]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

So I solved both mission 4 and mission 5 with no problem, but they didn't do what I expected. Instead of emailing me the passwords, both the PHP scripts just spit the password out on the screen.

What gives?
Slow02GT
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:22 pm
([msg=18246]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Slow02GT wrote:So I solved both mission 4 and mission 5 with no problem, but they didn't do what I expected. Instead of emailing me the passwords, both the PHP scripts just spit the password out on the screen.

What gives?

That's what it's supposed to do, it just simulates an exploit and assumes that you did it correctly so it gives you the password.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by Slow02GT on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 am
([msg=18279]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Oh ok, I thought it would actually email the password. Durr :)
Slow02GT
New User
New User

how to use javascript injection

Post by Kyriakos on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:01 am
([msg=18357]see how to use javascript injection[/msg])

Hello,

i already know javascript and im done with the basic missions and with basic mission 5 where we can use javascript injection..but really now..where else can i use this injection and with what profit??..and what do i have to type in the browser or whatever to make the injection possible in any case??

Please some1 answer, im excited somehow
Kyriakos
New User
New User

Post by Phelpsy20 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:18 pm
([msg=18361]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Hello

i am sure i have the right js injection but i am confused about what value i have to enter in to the forms[0] section of it.

any info on this

Thanks
Phelpsy20
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 am
([msg=18454]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Phelpsy20 wrote:Hello

i am sure i have the right js injection but i am confused about what value i have to enter in to the forms[0] section of it.

any info on this

Thanks

Well, if you decide to try this method I'd suggest doing some research on it because there are tutorials and such out there. Let me ask you this....how do you know you have the right js injection and if you do, shouldn't there be more info from wherever you got it?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by -_n00b on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:00 am
([msg=18695]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Ok so I finally got it after a day and a half. This site helped alot. http://nexodyne.com/archive/index.php?t-14736.html. Read over it and compare the sections to the source. Which one matches?
-_n00b
New User
New User

Post by here_comes_trouble on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:44 am
([msg=18696]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

javascript is 100% neccessary. Your gonna need to learn it either way so start here. Its not complicated, just use your head.

Not a spoiler: you want to CHANGE where the pw is being sent to via js. Re-read this forum- http://nexodyne.com/archive/index.php?t-14736.html

good luck guys
here_comes_trouble
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard